husbands...

Options

Replies

• SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Mine always asks "Is this a trick question?" or "I plead the 5th" or "I'm not saying a word" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: - he has been my biggest supporter through my lifestyle change :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

I'm actually harder on myself than he will ever be. :grumble: :grumble: :grumble:

This is funny! I think my bf thinks that way too xD
  • GateCrasher1
    GateCrasher1 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    In response to Jovialation:

Isn't the whole point of MFP for support? She wasn't getting what she personally needed, so she came here to vent. You are the only one being offensive. If you don't like the thread then get off it.

Maybe a public thread is not the best place to vent. Just a thought.
  • katmix
    katmix Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Quote:

I have quickly learned not to bother talking to (some) husbands (not all of them)about weight loss efforts. I just started MFP about 3 weeks ago - and was recently talking to my husband about it. He told me that he hopes I'm not doing this for him, because he doesn't care - he thinks I'm beautiful. I know it was supposed to be nice - but it kind of pissed me off! Um no - not doing this for YOU hon, doing this for me!!! So you just freaking go ahead and enjoy that Big Mac with your freakishly high metabolism, while I choke down this rabbit food!! Some men just don't think before they speak. I'm sure by next week - your weigh in will be wonderful!!!!

I say... (yeah, I realize I didn't hit the quote button correctly!)
    Wait! That shouldn't read..."trying" to be nice - that actually IS nice! It sounds EXACTLY like something my love of 25+ years would say... He doesn't want me to change for him, loves me however I am... He DOES want me to do whatever pleases me - and will make me happy!

Men: Trust me, we're not all neurotic... And I for one am grateful that men are/think different from women!

12029845.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • MikeSEA
    MikeSEA Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    So I could be wrong about this, but I'm just going to throw it out as a possibility.

Being married to a man is sometimes much easier when you are one yourself. Just sayin'
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    But, to all you complainers, what do you LIKE about your husbands?? Do you ever post about THAT??

*frustrated*

These aren't "reasons to hate your husband" this are just funny and interesting tidbits about the nature of men in general. There's no anger, or animosity...it's all in fun. Men are men, and woman are women. It's what makes the world go round.

I call BS on that one. If there was a thread like this about someone's wife there would be 1000 comments from women going "OMG - she is just being helpful, she loves you!! You don't deserve a woman like that!! Wow you are such a jerk!!"

etc

etc

etc
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    In response to Jovialation:

Isn't the whole point of MFP for support? She wasn't getting what she personally needed, so she came here to vent. You are the only one being offensive. If you don't like the thread then get off it.

Weight loss support yes. Supporting a woman complaining about her husband who only seemed to be trying to help? No. That's not the purpose of the site.
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    But, to all you complainers, what do you LIKE about your husbands?? Do you ever post about THAT??

*frustrated*

These aren't "reasons to hate your husband" this are just funny and interesting tidbits about the nature of men in general. There's no anger, or animosity...it's all in fun. Men are men, and woman are women. It's what makes the world go round.

I call BS on that one. If there was a thread like this about someone's wife there would be 1000 comments from women going "OMG - she is just being helpful, she loves you!! You don't deserve a woman like that!! Wow you are such a jerk!!"

etc

etc

etc

RIGHT? This is never a two way street. Especially here.
  • QueenJayJay
    QueenJayJay Posts: 1,139
    Options
    To the women defending the OP - Maybe she should come here for her b*tching instead of to her husband, because obviously he's not going to say the right thing no matter what.

Someone once told me, "The only person you should discuss your relationship with is the one you're in it with." Good advice.
  • Queenb62303
    Options
    This morning was my weigh in day. I didn't lose anything .. which pissed me off. So when I told my husband it. All he said was stop thinking about it so much. And it will happen!
    Boy that's not what I wanted to hear....

this reminds of what you tell me people who are trying to get pregnant!!
    hang in there! you may have hit a plateau and need to mix something up in your diet/exercise to get over the hump? just a thought!
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    Weight loss support yes. Supporting a woman complaining about her husband who only seemed to be trying to help? No. That's not the purpose of the site.

Exactly - if she came here saying the same stuff she said to her husband (on her news feed, at least) she'd get a ton of support.

There'd also be plenty of us that know this is a slow, difficult process and would point that out too
  • techigirl78
    techigirl78 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    LOL. The only thing my boyfriend said to upset me was when he said eating 1200 calories a day isn't hard the first day he was logging. It was his first day and he was eating way outside his norm.

Day two he hit 1200 after logging only half his lunch. I didn't even need to respond to him on that one. :)

I know he gets bothered that I don't wear skirts, that I keep saying I will once I reach my goal weight, and that I get frustrated about having to replace my clothes every 4-6 weeks. He also doesn't like that I only will go out to eat 1 or 2 times a week since it is harder for me to pick good choices. But, overall he is supportive and will listen to my frustrations.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    It is true though. Stop thinking about it...keep doing what you are doign and stay positive. :) The changes WILL happen.

You are lucky he didn't tell you to eat less or work out more...that is what most men would have said because most men want to fix things and always try to provide solutions.
  • LessMe2B
    LessMe2B Posts: 316
    Options
    Mine usually just asks when was the last time I took a dump. I :heart: him muchly.

Hahahahahaha...LOVE IT!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    This morning was my weigh in day. I didn't lose anything .. which pissed me off. So when I told my husband it. All he said was stop thinking about it so much. And it will happen!

What a woman wants is for her husband's, and presumably best friend's, first reaction to be "completely pissed about it" just like she is, and want him to go kick someone's *kitten* because it's not happening the way she wants it to.

Then AFTER that "I totally got your back" reaction he can begin the process of trying to reason with her, encourage her, and bring her back from the edge of the cliff.

That is how I took it as well,
    I saw nothing in OPs post that was bashing her husband AT ALL. She said it wasn't what SHE wanted to hear, not that he said the wrong thing.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Awww....I'm sorry your husband was all logical and stuff. That really IS irritating when we're pissed off, isn't it?

My Favorite
  • katmix
    katmix Posts: 296 Member
    Options

He only said this because in the sheer terror of realizing he was being drawn into a conversation involving women and weight in which THERE IS NO RIGHT THING TO SAY, he panicked and spewed the first thing that came to mind. Be happy his heart didn't seize right then and make you a widow.

This made me laugh out loud!: :happy:
  • TWrecks1968
    TWrecks1968 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    What did you want to hear?

Yeah, this. I want to know. I want to know how to respond, because whatever I say in a situation like this is wrong.
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options

He only said this because in the sheer terror of realizing he was being drawn into a conversation involving women and weight in which THERE IS NO RIGHT THING TO SAY, he panicked and spewed the first thing that came to mind. Be happy his heart didn't seize right then and make you a widow.

LOL!!
  • Erica002
    Erica002 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I don't even bother telling my husband jack ****.
  • MummyOfSeven
    MummyOfSeven Posts: 314 Member
    Options

OMG, I laughed so hard at this :laugh:

My husband frequently replies to my questions with, "Now I know there's no right answer to this question so I'm just going to shut up now."