husbands...

Options

Replies

• kiwianjel
    kiwianjel Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    So on the up side .... you didnt lose but you also didnt gain so thats a positive right ? :)
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    last night I was not able to work out because my son needed help with a school project. When I voiced that I was disappointed that I didn't get to work out he told me that I had become obsessed and that I was going to continue to work out until I couldn't walk (not sure how that works). I just have to laugh and walk away.
  • takingmylifeback
    Options
    What did you want to hear?

How about I'm sorry honey and a hug. Or hoow about this weekend we go on a hike or walk in the park. Something supportive.
    :flowerforyou:
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I get around all these issues by talking so damn much that my husband never has to wonder what I'm thinking or what the right thing to say might be.

Right? Communication is a beautiful thing. Men think women are crazy because so many women expect men to be mind-readers instead of regular people.
  • pirateDeb
    pirateDeb Posts: 26 Member
    Options

Mine usually just asks when was the last time I took a dump. I :heart: him muchly.

Mine never wants to know about my poop :( I tell him anyway :D
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    Oh no. Now you're in trouble 'cause you didn't remember exactly how many years/months/days(hours?seconds?) you've been married. :tongue:

That's why you should marry a girl with ADHD. I never remember the year. I remember the day, but not the year. So I don't know how long.

Like....

....long enough that I am not embarrassed if I fart in front of him.
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options

How about I'm sorry honey and a hug. Or hoow about this weekend we go on a hike or walk in the park. Something supportive.

But she could have taken that the wrong way too. "Oh, so you think I need to work out more because I'm fat, huh?" He can't win in this situation. He was TRYING to be supportive.
  • ChRiStA_1983
    ChRiStA_1983 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    This morning was my weigh in day. I didn't lose anything .. which pissed me off. So when I told my husband it. All he said was stop thinking about it so much. And it will happen!
    Boy that's not what I wanted to hear....

I personally think that's good advice! He's trying to be supportive, without telling you what you should be doing to "fix" your "problem"....And he's right! I think sometimes we just obsess too much, and unfortunately, it tends to hold us back. It sounds to me like he wasn't being insensitive, just supportive....
  • YukonJoy
    Options

HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options

Mine usually just asks when was the last time I took a dump. I :heart: him muchly.

That's one lucky guy. :laugh:
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options

Telling her not to worry about it is supportave,maybe he does not want her to stress about it
  • VoodooLuLu
    VoodooLuLu Posts: 636 Member
    Options

I'm curious as well...what did you expect him to say?

this
  • RenaPink11
    RenaPink11 Posts: 343 Member
    Options

LOL... this would be mine too. My husband is actually a pretty good support. I got lucky. :drinker:
  • jazzalea
    jazzalea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    This morning was my weigh in day. I didn't lose anything .. which pissed me off. So when I told my husband it. All he said was stop thinking about it so much. And it will happen!
    Boy that's not what I wanted to hear....

Sounds to me like he has more faith in you than you do... trust him when you don't trust yourself. :flowerforyou:
  • pirateDeb
    Options
    I get around all these issues by talking so damn much that my husband never has to wonder what I'm thinking or what the right thing to say might be.

Right? Communication is a beautiful thing. Men think women are crazy because so many women expect men to be mind-readers instead of regular people.

Women are crazy.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    This is my one issue with women, they want to be able to read their minds and say the right thing, sorry Iadies i left my prof x wheelchair in the garage

Thor, thankfully not all of us wives feel that way....
  • twinsanity
    twinsanity Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    I just have a simple question...which is apparently the question of the day.... Is there anything men can do right? I am flabbergasted at the 'men-bashing' today. That is all.
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    As a husband myself, I don't see how his response was out of line at all. Could he have meant..."stop worrying about the dang scale so much, and just keep doing what you're doing"?

see blog..... http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/H_Factor/view/eff-that-scale-how-you-re-winning-without-it-201225
  • YukonJoy
    Options

But she could have taken that the wrong way too. "Oh, so you think I need to work out more because I'm fat, huh?" He can't win in this situation. He was TRYING to be supportive.

Screw "TRYING" to be supportive, that WAS supportive. If a woman doesn't see how that is supportive than she is off her friggin' rocker!!
  • pirateDeb
    Options

That's one lucky guy. :laugh:

I keep telling him that! He just keeps shaking his head disapprovingly!