Options
    bump
  • kammy92
    kammy92 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Jilybn1827
    Options
    Bump!! I love using my crockpot and if I can find a healthy meal then even better!!!
  • shopewell70
    shopewell70 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    bump
  • gr8xcapes
    gr8xcapes Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • ladybug813
    Options
    BUMP
  • thekacks
    thekacks Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I couldnt find the original post to give credit... but I made this one yesterday. It makes 4 servings of 1 cup (very filling) and tastes oh so good!!! Per Serving 280 cal, 51 carb, 5 fat, 6 protein, 6 fiber, and only 48 sodium. Also, I've noticed many of the recipes posted on this thread are way too high in calories/fat/sugar for many of us. So I am starting a new thread for HEALTHY crockpot/slow cooker recipes:) Hope some of you will repost your recipes there.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/470242-healthy-low-cal-crockpot-slow-cooker-recipes-here

ORIGINAL POST:

My favorite breakfast. I substitute margarine for the butter, abd I add either an entire apple or a can (10.75 oz) of pumpkin puree to a double batch. This also freezes well!!

Ingredients

1 cup steel cut oats
    3 1/2 cups water
    1 cup peeled and chopped apple (1 medium gala is perfect)
    1/2 cup raisins
    2 tablespoons butter (I used light margerine)
    1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
    2 tablespoons brown sugar (I used splenda brown sugar blend)
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract (I was out of extract so I used 1 Tbsp sugar free vanilla syrup that I use to make lattes)

Directions

Place the steel cut oats, water, apple, raisins, butter, cinnamon, brown sugar, and vanilla extract into a slow cooker, and stir to combine and dissolve the sugar. Cover the cooker, set to Low, and allow to cook 6 to 7 hours (for firm oats) or 8 hours (for softer texture).
  • Hubbafer
    Hubbafer Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Made this last night.. OMG... a HIT!! I didn't add the sour cream (hubby hates it.. ) .. but didn't need it! It was amazing over rice! Next time I'm shredding the chicken to make burritos.... the kids LOVED it!!! 4 hours in the crock pot was the best time.. so it doesn't dry out the chicken!!!

Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken

Number of Servings: 6

Ingredients:
    4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
    1 cup salsa
    1 package reduced sodium taco seasoning
    1 can reduced fat cream of mushroom soup (condensed)
    1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream

Directions:
    Add chicken to slow cooker.
    Sprinkle taco seasoning over chicken.
    Pour salsa and soup over chicken.
    Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
    Remove from heat and stir in sour cream.
    Serve with rice.

Nutritional Info
    Servings Per Recipe: 6
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories: 157.2
    Total Fat: 3.3 g
    Cholesterol: 63.4 mg
    Sodium: 654.2 mg
    Total Carbs: 6.7 g
    Dietary Fiber: 0.9 g
    Protein: 24.3 g
    [/quote]
    [/quote]
  • granni87
    granni87 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Pollart77
    Pollart77 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Wow there are some great ideas on here!
  • Hubbafer
    Hubbafer Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    yummy, cant wait to try some of these
  • clairetillman
    clairetillman Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    yeah, bump me too
  • Rmd081808
    Options
    sounds like something i could try, i am always trying to find easy cheap slow cooker recipes but all seem so complicated sometimes
  • Mrs_Moe
    Mrs_Moe Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    wow, saving all these recipes
  • LoveMy3Boys
    LoveMy3Boys Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    if the calories are alright for this I am going to be your biggest fan. I <3 me some butter chicken and in the crock pot??? OMG :)
    Slowcooker Kashmiri Butter Chicken.

Uses very little butter, has a rich sauce and low calorie. Very authentic! Could be cooked on stove also.
    Serves 4: Calories per serving: 301
    2 onions quartered
    3 garlic cloves
    4cmfresh root ginger peeled (I use about 3tsp minced ginger).
    I large red chilli halved, seeds discarded (I leave this out because of kids).
    8 boneless skinless chicken thighs. ( i use breast)
    1 tbsp sunflower oil.
    25g butter
    1tsp cumin seeds crushed
    1tsp fennel seeds crushed
    4 green cardamom pods crushed
    1 tsp paprika
    1 tsp ground turmeric
    ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
    300ml chicken stock
    1tbsp light muscovado sugar
    2 tbsp tomato puree
    5 tbsp double cream (optional - I use 50% less fat cooking cream for cooking).
    To garnish: 2tbsp chopped coriander (cilantro) leaves and flaked almonds (if desired).

Preheat slow cooker if your model requires it. Blend onions, garlic, ginger and chilli in a blender/processer (or chop v finely). Cut each chicken thigh into 4 pieces and brown using the oil. Remove to a plate. Melt butter in pan and add onion paste, cooking until it begins to colour. Stir in crushed seeds, crushed cardamom seeds and pods and ground spices. Cook for 1 minute, add stock, sugar, tomato puree, and salt. Bring to boil, stirring. Transfer chicken to slowcooker and pour sauce over. Cover and cook on LOW for 5-7hrs. Stir in cream if required before serving.

My kids love this too. The onion paste mix and spices could all be prepared the night before so just a quick fry and bring to the boil in the morning. I mix a larger quantity of the ground spices together and leave in a jar and then just add about a tbsp when making up the recipe.
  • Susan2BHealthier
    Susan2BHealthier Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Pour 1 can Old El Paso Enchilada Sauce (Mild) over chicken, pork, or beef in slow cooker. Cook a couple of hours , shred and put in tortillas