Things you see at the Gym

Options

Replies

• timadotcom
    timadotcom Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I know we are there for our workouts but the Gym is a soap opera full of very interesting characters.

It never ceases to amaze me when I am in the locker room and women walk around butt *kitten* naked. Boobs flapping around everywhere not to mention that spider about to jump at me. And why is that the time they pick to have a full on convo. LADY: the barrier on personal space increases with nakedness.

Dont get me started on the dude who wears NO underwear with his teeny workout shorts......

What do you see in the Gym that makes you go....WTH????

Seriously I thought I was the only one put off by naked women - and the worst is when they bend over to pick up something........ i almost fainted that time.

I of course always enjoy the guys trying to pick up the blond who works the check in counter, I do not know how she does it, but she gets hit on all the time!! This all occurs b4 8 am when I am there, God knows what she goes through when it gets busy.
  • DavetheHYNIC
    DavetheHYNIC Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    See areolas and butt cheek cleavage every day
  • GoodbyeGut
    GoodbyeGut Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Dudes that constantly admire themselves in the mirrors of the weight area. Every time they pass the mirror it's...pause, flex...

They are like people who pick their noses while driving... WE CAN SEE YOU!
  • RUN2CJ
    RUN2CJ Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love going to the gym... I work out my body and get comic relief. There is the chick on the treadmill in a perfect outfit walking slow so that her makeup continues to stay flawless... the other female really going after it while in her itty bitty shorts and sports bra with everything going everywhere... the guy that grunts and groans with every lift that pierces through the gym... the nakedness in the saunas... that over achiever that calls the spouse, has her lap top out from work and checks on the kids, brushes her hair, all while on the elliptical... and of course the ones that take the L.A. Fitness elevator at the gym when there are stairs present...

Please don’t forget to throw away your fast food paraphernalia before starting on the treadmill!!!

But all in all, something is better than nothing and there are days when I may classify in one of these groups or all, so get to the gym and do whatever you need to do for you!!!
  • kittycarson
    Options
    -Men who wear no underwear with shorts and get on the Hip Abductor machine. Everytime they open their legs the one eye bandits comes out and winks...

;)

OMG...The horror...The hoooorrrrroooorrrr!!!!
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Lately its not what I see, but what I SMELL.
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    Lately its not what I see, but what I SMELL.
    sorry, that was me.
  • jadesta55
    Options
    People hooking up at the gym, not wearing the right shoes, BSing on the machines and just taking up space lol
  • ShifuYaku
    ShifuYaku Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    The gym I go to is pretty calm... sometimes there are older women who are naked in the dressing rooms, but I agree with one post earlier about the generation thing... and sometimes there are some creepy guys who watch me, but overall it's a pretty good experience.

Usually I go with my boyfriend, and I don't just sit and watch him, that's unproductive. :smile: So I'm not THAT girl.
  • ShifuYaku
    ShifuYaku Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    -Men who wear no underwear with shorts and get on the Hip Abductor machine. Everytime they open their legs the one eye bandits comes out and winks...

;)

OMG...The horror...The hoooorrrrroooorrrr!!!!

This one made me laugh so much... :laugh:
  • brendajester03
    Options
    The couple that likes to be all lovey dovey in the gym - really people! And then when you walk out to the parking lot, they are making out right in front of the gym. Come on people, get a room!
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    I had a naked guy stand a couple feet behind me while I was trying to weigh myself in my boxer briefs. He even tried to start a conversation with me. WTF!!! And then there was the time I saw a guy blow drying his pubes. Another guy shaves in the nude.

Have any of you ladies ever considered that we might be checking you out just to get these horrible images out of our heads?
  • erxkeel
    erxkeel Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Maybe it just me, but some of the posters spending to much time looking what other people are doing and not at the task at hand. get in. knock it out, get out.
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    The people who come in barefoot and the young guys who come in just to have a bench press contest.
  • SithZombie
    SithZombie Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Wow... compared to all of the stuff I just read on here, my gym isn't bad at all. The worst thing I have to put up with is the people on the track that walk two astride, slowly, carrying a conversation, when there are notices that say "Walkers please use the outside lane" =\ It's just super busy in the gym right now.
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Dudes that constantly admire themselves in the mirrors of the weight area. Every time they pass the mirror it's...pause, flex...

They are like people who pick their noses while driving... WE CAN SEE YOU!

Hahahaha!!! :laugh: That one gets me every time! Once a guy caught me trying to hold back laughter because I saw him checking himself out. He said with a sheepish grin, "What? I work hard to look this good....I deserve to enjoy the fruits of my labor." I couldn't help myself, I had to laugh outright when he said that.
  • mbw2586
    Options
    So I haaaave to say, most of the others I agree are a bit obnoxious/comical, but sometimes I wonder if the people in jeans just simply had a bad day - forgot their gym clothes, only had that block of time to go to the gym, etc.

I mean, if they're committed, who are we to judge!

I will also say that these comments are what kept me from the gym for so long, for fear of looking like an idiot because I was a "newbie." :)
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    Wow... compared to all of the stuff I just read on here, my gym isn't bad at all. The worst thing I have to put up with is the people on the track that walk two astride, slowly, carrying a conversation, when there are notices that say "Walkers please use the outside lane" =\ It's just super busy in the gym right now.

This. I like to run/jog every day. Our track is only 5ft wide with a line down the middle and WALKERS on one side and JOGGERS on the other. If you want to walk 2,3,4 wide and talk, that's fine. If you're on the JOGGERS side of the line please pay attention or listen for joggers and scoot over a bit when we come around.

JM
  • GeneveSparkles
    GeneveSparkles Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I'm guilty of the naked thing too, who cares, it's a gym with a locker room and people have to change and shower. If a naked body is that offensive then don't use the locker room. I was in the military so that probably has a lot to do with my comfort level around other people (even the naked ones) but I really don't think its a big deal.

I used to work out in a gym in Scottsdale, AZ and I saw this one guy with a bottle of San Pelligrino, haha it was funny only in Scottsdale would someone drink sparkling mineral water (and it was the glass bottle not the plastic) during their work out.
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    When did we become so uncomfortable with nudity? You'd pass out if you got invited for Thanksgiving dinner with my family.