50+ WOMEN for the month of JUNE

Options

Replies

• ellens292
    ellens292 Posts: 176
    Options
    Anne - Thanks so much for taking the time to write out your advice for snackers. I copied it and will keep it to read when I need to remind myself.

Vicki - Good for you, keeping on your eating plan.

Barb - Hope I can do as well as your pooches.

Everyone - Have a good day, have to run, things to do, places to go. It's Saturday. Catch up with you later

Ellen
  • stamps4fun
    stamps4fun Posts: 33
    Options
    Hi there,
    i haven't had time to read each post.... really only read a few when i do my weigh in and measurements
    on saturday. i am 3 weeks down with the fitnesspal site and i am happy to say that i have lost 9 pounds and about 2 inches off my waist so far. yippy skippy!
    i am thrilled with my progress. what it shows me is that if i make wise choices and
    make an effort to change foods to a healthier version and leave the potato chips and cashews
    alone, i can do this. :-). i get hungry between meals which is actually nice. i am not going hungry.
    there are plenty of low cal vegetables and fruits now to make things easier for getting started.
    i have even had McD's ice cream cone twice and ice cream at home once.
    i can't however get the alloted amount of water in me on the day's i don't work.
    i tried to drink water while working at my hand crafted cards friday morning and
    ended up spilling a pint glass all over the table and carpet. thankfully not on my precious hand embroided and 3D'd greeting cards which are a labor of love since i haven't found a place to sell them.
    anyway, i don't get enough to drink i am sure on some days, others, probably more.
    i will spend the rest of my day making food to take to church tomorrow for a big pot luck as it is
    the start of our annual bible conference.
    if i am lucky, i might even get to see my dad who lives in pennsylvania. he said he might be coming out
    with another family who lives where he does, all the way to Iowa. that BTW is how i met my hubby 36 years ago. i came to iowa for bible conference from PA.
    we'll be celebrating 35 years married this fall. :-)
    thanks for listening.
    martha in iowa
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    Thanks for posting this article on mood eating. :heart: :flowerforyou: This was a lesson I learned the HARD WAY. I've never bought a lock box, but sure wish my MiL had one! I don't buy things I shouldn't eat, but every time we go to her house (which is almost every day) her kitchen counter is lined with clear canisters of cookies and snack size candy bars in every flavor imaginable and a pantry full of assorted chips and sodas. I used to bargain with myself about "only eating one," but that almost always led to another and then another, until I have finally learned to just not put the first one in my mouth. The ugly truth is that when it comes to sweets I am like an alcoholic: I'm never happy with just one serving. I have learned to eat an apple or something before I go over there or bring one with me.

I just weighed and haven't lost ANY weight this week. In fact I've gained one pound. But my measurements are down by fractions of an inch everywhere except my bust-line where I lost a whole inch :grumble: I knew this would happen sooner or later... So I'm gonna call that progress. :tongue: I've been gone from the house a lot this past week so its been harder to drink all the water I should. Perhaps this is why nothing much happened... I've been doing good to drink 66 ounces, when I'm supposed to be getting at least 93. :drinker:

Its already hot outside and I'm still a bit worn out from all that push mowing yesterday so I have a low key morning of piddling on the patio planned today. :smokin: Sunshine, gentle breezes and a birdie serenade awaits. :happy: Have a great weekend everyone and have a great day on purpose! :flowerforyou:
  • FITFORLIFE1944
    Options
    WISHFUL, I AM ONLY 5' 3" SO I HAD MY SON PUT ANYTHING I THOUGHT WOULD TEMPT ME UP ON THE HIGHEST SHELF AND THAT WAS FINE FOR ME. IF I HAD TO THOUGH , I WAS READY TO BUY THAT LOCK BOX. :laugh: GOOD FOR YOU FOR MAKING THE EFFORT. YOU GAVE IN THIS TIME, THERE IS ANOTHER TIME COMING, BE PREPARED FOR IT. WE DON'T WANT TO REPEAT ANYTHING THAT WE KNOW WILL HOLD US BACK FROM REACHING OUR GOAL. :noway: YOU CAN DO THIS AND SO MUCH MORE IF YOU STAY DETERMINED.:flowerforyou:

ZAZA, I DON'T KNOW WHERE TO START. I AM CERTAINLY NO EXPERT BUT WILL GIVE YOU SOME THINGS TO JUST THINK ABOUT. FIRST, YOU SAID YOU WERE HUNGRY. WHY WERE YOU HUNGRY?
    IF IT WAS REAL HUNGER,YOU JUST CANNOT LET THAT HAPPEN EVER. YOU WERE GOING OUT,SO YOU HAVE TO DO AS BARBIE DOES AND MAKE A PLAN. KNOW WHAT THERE WILL BE TO EAT AND DECIDE WHAT YOU WILL ALLOW YOURSELF. YOU HAD COOKIES AND HORS D'OEUVRES. IF YOU ATE THOSE AND HAD NOTHING EARLIER, THEY WOULD SET YOUR APPETITE ON FIRE. WITHOUT BEING BORING AND SCIENTIFIC, THEY WERE VERY BAD CHOICES AS YOU SAID. SO, NOW YOU ARE HUNGRY AND YOU ATE SOME VERY HIGH CALORIE THINGS, ALSO BAD CHOICES. YOU DON'T NEED MOTIVATION/DISCIPLINE. WHAT YOU NEED IS JUST STRATEGY AND PLANNING AHEAD OF TIME. ALSO YOU USE THE TERM DEPRIVED. YOU SHOULD NEVER FEEL DEPRIVED. YOU CAN HAVE SO MANY OF THE FAVORITE FOODS YOU ALWAYS ENJOYED. YOU JUST HAVE TO PLAN FOR THEM TO BE INCLUDED IN YOUR CALORIES FOR THE WEEK. ZAZA, I HAVE DONE WHAT YOU DID MANY TIMES AND I AM SURE MANY OF THE PEOPLE WRITING HERE HAVE DONE THIS TOO. SO, NOW YOU JUST FORGIVE YOURSELF, MOVE ON TO YOUR GOAL AND LEARN FROM WHAT HAPPENED HERE. THERE ARE ANSWERS TO EVERYTHING. YOU HAVE TO THINK HARD ABOUT ALL OF THIS AND THAT WAY YOU LEARN FROM IT AND DO MUCH MUCH BETTER THE NEXT TIME. I SURE HOPE THIS MAKES YOU THINK. THIS ADVICE WOULD COST $1,000 PER HOUR IF THE DOCTOR WHO WROTE ABOUT IT HAD YOU ON HIS COUCH.:laugh: I AM REALLY TELLING THE TRUTH ABOUT THE PRICE. HE IS A BIG SHOT IN THE DIET FIELD . I USED MANY OF HIS STRATEGIES AND FOR THE FIRST TIME, I DID REALLY WELL AND CONTINUE ON THAT PATH. AS FOR THE BOREDOME EATING, IT'S HARD FOR ME TO IMAGINE YOU BORED. YOU SEEM SO BUSY ALL THE TIME. IS IT THAT YOU ARE BUSY BUT NOT HAPPY AT WHAT YOU ARE DOING,THEREFORE YOU ARE BORED? ANYWAY, I THINK YOU SHOULD FIND WHATEVER IT IS THAT STOPS THE BOREDOM. DO SOMETHING YOU REALLY WANT TO DO. IF YOU WANT TO EAT, BE SURE IT IS ONLY HEALTHY FOOD. ALWAYS WISHING YOU SUCCESS.:flowerforyou:
  • Grammymax
    Grammymax Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome Jeanne: This is the place to be for encouragement and accountability. This is a great group of women.

Barbie: :flowerforyou: You are so good. I’m glad you have people with you who want to eat healthy. That makes it so much easier. However, you are so disciplined I doubt that you would give in to anything other than eating healthy .

Barb: What a great story. I agree. I’m glad everything turned out well for all. Good luck on your weigh in. Sounds like you should do well.:wink:

Doobiedo: 6 pounds gone is great. :flowerforyou: It’s 6 pounds you don’t have to carry around anymore. Glad to hear you’re still going to try. There are some great challenges on the challenge boards. But, we can also be your encouragement.

Zaza: I know what you mean. Sometimes the cravings are more than we can handle. I think I mentioned the other day I was so wanting chocolate but could not find a bit of it in my house. That saved me because had I found some I would have eaten any and all that I found. I had a slice of whole wheat toast with a small amount of low sugar jam. That seemed to be enough to curb my cravings. However, that would not have been my choice if I had found some chocolate. So yeah - getting the temptations out of the house helps me. My hubby does like to have snacks though so it’s hard for him.:ohwell:

Vicki: Great job on having fun and staying focused.:flowerforyou: Enjoy your trip.

Martha: Congrats on the 35 years of marriage. :flowerforyou: We are at 31this year. Everyone seems to have to find their own strategy for water intake. :drinker: I think it is Susan who drinks several small glasses throughout the day; I have a 20 oz stainless steel container that has a straw and I seem to drink more water through a straw, others keep a list on the refrigerator and mark off each glass. Find a way that works for you and go for it. I know the water intake is so important to flush our systems of the crud!

Susan: No piddling on the patio allowed! :laugh: :laugh: I had a bad weigh in this week also. Just that I didn’t lose but gained one pound also. But, I also hadn’t been drinking my water. So, from now on I will be!

Anne: :smile: You always have such good advice. Thanks for the Mood Eating fix. I have printed it out to read later and to keep on hand.

Hope you all have a great day. Take care of YOU!

Esther
  • vickim26
    vickim26 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Just finished working out. Did 20 min on elliptical and 20 on treadmill and about 20 swimming. feels good to work out. Resting for a while then heading down to the river. Talk to you tomorrow.
    Vicki
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Anne, thank you so much for all your advice. Now, I just have to absorb it and plan. I think I also need to print your wise words of wisdom and keep them handy. You are a sweetheart. Thanks!:flowerforyou:

Vicki, your trip sounds great. Sorry you missed out on that one concert.:ohwell: I am impressed with your work-outs and walking. Right now I'm feeling so lazy that just reading about your exercise has tired me out.:laugh: Have fun.
    Zaza
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hi Everyone!! Happy Saturday!!:drinker: :drinker:

Since I am limited by what I can do while my hair color is processing, this is a good time to catch up on another post. This time around, I will be the 'answerwoman" with what I hope are worthwhile comments for some recent posts:

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

:flowerforyou: ZAZA....I decided to prevent the misplacing of walking shoes from keeping me off the trail. Last night in Sears I found some for about 1/2 price so I bought another pair. Now I have TWO pair to misplace, so that should be more difficult, I hope!!:laugh:

In your post earlier today (Saturday) you asked if I had any tips for self control. When it comes to restaurants, planning ahead and knowing some viable menu options before walking in the door helps. As far as a husband who is attracted to establishments that serve only burgers, fries and milkshakes, I am not sure what I can offer. I only have myself to blame if I stop somewhere I shouldn't. The closest potential tempter in my life is my neighbor, but we usually know where we are going before we go there, so I can usually come up with something that will solve the problem.

I guess it just comes down to imagining yourself as a train on a track and not letting anything derail you--not even a semi truck full of strawberry milkshakes, or chocolate sundaes!!:laugh:

I see where our wiseone, ANNE, posted since I started my "novel" and has some good advice about avoiding temptation. Another thing that helps me with appetite control are those little cans of V-8 juice. They only have 30 calories, and I use the low sodium ones. If I drink one of those and maybe add a glass of water and 8 almonds, that is less than a 100 calories and it can keep me from being hungry for up to 3 hours. I usually do this when I get home from my morning shift at 10:30 so that I don't need to eat lunch until about 2.:drinker:

:flowerforyou: KATHY (Plantlady)...Thanks for your personal messages. I read your post from Wed and hope that the rest of the week went better for you. I always manage to log food and exercise, but sometimes I delay reading our thread until I have more time.

Can't wait to see a pic of the "Yellow Submarine.":noway:

:flowerforyou: BECKY (Swissmiss) We miss you. I hope you are coping with the effects of your meds (you mentioned on Wed that they made you "loopy"--hopefully only temporarily!!

:flowerforyou: HEATHER (Benson)...On Wed, you mentioned walking in the rain. I find an umbrella can be very handy on those days where it is raining too hard for my hat to keep my glasses somewhat clear. It is hard to walk when all I can see is raindrops on my glasses!! Hopefully the weatherman will let you put that umbrella in the closet for a while. We have been lucky here. No significant rain in over a week, just a misplaced shower here and there, refugee clouds from the thunderstorms that develop in the Cascade Mountains.

:flowerforyou: ESTHER (Grammymax)....I have been following your posts and am glad to hear you are beginning to feel better. I feel for you, also, weather-wise, because I know south of where I am, you have experienced a lot more rain and thundershowers than we have. Only one group of them managed to sneak up the Willamette Valley and visit Portland and SW Washington. Hope you continue to mend and your energy level continues to improve.
    I had to take a little break to rinse off my hair color. Memo to self: "Next time you get into the shower. make sure there are towels IN the bathroom BEFORE you get in." :laugh: :laugh:

It is a good thing I live alone. The doggies, although they have "tails" can tell no TALES, or they could post one about momma running through the condo,:bigsmile: :bigsmile: dripping, in search of the towels that never made it into the linen closet after they were washed!!

I came up with a great idea for my second million (dollars), since the first one has been eluding me all these years. :wink: IT is too bad someone couldn't invent a "rinse" that you could put on to the areas of your body that need to be reduced, leave it on for 30 minutes or so, and presto chango, unwanted fat is gone. Can you IMAGINE how rich the inventor of THAT product would be???:laugh: :laugh:
    Back to answering posts:

:flowerforyou: LYNN (L-mahloy)...I got tired just reading your Wednesday post about all the tennis you were going to be playing. I applaud you for being able to stay focused and complete those activities when you are worrying about a parent who is having a hard time with aging. If it is any consolation, it is no easier to make a 92 year old do what is best for them either!! Though, my mom will usually listen to reason. It is my 82 year old dad who can be mistaken for a mule at times if he sets his mind to it, but I am blessed that both are still in good health and able to live independently, in a place that offers assistance if it becomes necessary.

And don't worry about venting. We are here to listen and offer support.

Later you wrote your mom was starting to come around, so I hope that makes things easier for both of you. And that salad--what an unpleasant surprise. I try to look for calorie info before I go to a restaurant, whenever possible, and try to pick two things from their menu that would work. Most all of the chain restaurants have nutrition info on their websites, or if you google for nutritional info it will refer you to another site with some info. Dailyplate is one of them, I think. Putting the restaurant name into the MFP food database will often return results, too.

:flowerforyou: LIANNE (Lianne95519)...After Wednesday, I don't recall seeing anything about your knee, I hope it turned out ok when you went to the doctor. If you haven't already posted the outcome, let us know how you are doing.

:flowerforyou: NANCY (committed)....The vines in your yard that you mentioned in your Wednesday post remind me of how I thank goodness every day for window coverings, so no one can look in to my condo and see what happens when I spend all my spare time on walking or other things instead of removing clutter and cleaning.

Those cookbooks you mentioned ordering sound interesting. I hope you will post some recipes in the future, and maybe the titles of the books. Also your idea for chocolate flavored water sounds like a good one!!

:flowerforyou: ANNE (FITFORLIFE1944)....I always enjoy those wise sayings that you come up with. The recent one about avoiding mood eating by not having temptation in the house is excellent.

I may have missed the post, but how did your foot start acting up in the first place? I see later you mention it was doing better.

I think if I had been at the dinner you described where the new wife loudly proclaimed no seconds for "fat guys" there would have been a confrontation. :angry: Of all the tactless behavior I have ever heard of, that beats all.:mad:

:flowerforyou: WISHFUL...Welcome. It does seem to be harder to lose as one gets older, but part of it may be metabolism. Even if all you do is walk 30 minutes every day to start with, getting moving will rev things up a bit and combined with healthy eating and watching the calories, results should come, though they never seem to arrive quite fast enough to suit me. As the prayer goes, "Lord grant me patience, but I need it right away!!":laugh:

:flowerforyou: SUSAN (suezzzque)...Sorry to hear the depression monster visited you on Thursday, I was glad to see things looked brighter in a later post. I don't know if it is menopause-related, but it would make sense if it was hormonal. In my case, I really never experienced any of that, since I went on HRT after the hysterectomy in January. I have noticed that I am a lot more "even" than I was before. I haven't had days where I can barely stand the thought of getting out of bed. Although, there are workdays at 4 am where I have lots of "second thoughts.":yawn: :laugh:

:flowerforyou: ELLEN (ellens292)...Thanks for adding those extra 10 lbs. to my ticker, even if only for a moment, I felt "lighter.":laugh: I hope to be at that point towards the end of July, if all goes well.:drinker:

CONGRATULATIONS on dropping into the "ONEDERFUL" world of under 200.:drinker: :drinker: I am hoping to do that by Labor Day.:smile:

:flowerforyou: BARBIE (Barbiecat)....Just like Willie, you are "on the road again." You actually make Yakima sound like fun. The last two times I was there, it was about 100 in the shade and significant humidity. The remaining members of my dad's family that live there only seem to pass away in the hottest time of the year, so that is when I pack up mom dad and the doggies and make the trek east up the Columbia Gorge and through the mountains. The menu you described on Friday's post makes me want to hop in the car and go find your RV park and drop in for leftovers, if there are any !! :laugh:

As for the woman you met who doesn't like to drink water, maybe she should start out slow and mix it with some scotch!!!:laugh: :laugh:

DOOBIEDOO...Silly question, do people who work at the post office have to pay by the pound when they gain any weight back? :laugh: Seriously, I hope you and all those in the Healthy Challenge succeed in your journey.:flowerforyou:

:flowerforyou: VICKI (vickim26)...Regarding your lost post. :grumble: If you are dealing with a pesky Internet connection, write your post in notepad or wordpad, or whatever word processing program is on the pc you are using. Then copy it and paste into the MFP reply window. That way if your connection goes into the toidy bowl you will still have your message safe and sound on your pc and you can copy it in again and send it. If the pc is prone to crashing, as an added precaution I would save the document a couple of times during composition to save additional frustrations. (If you are using a public pc, I would delete any saved material after my post was sent)

Sounds like you are having a great time in Nashville. :drinker: I am glad you found that chicken sandwich. Sorry you missed the rain-affected concert, but I bet it was nice to get some sleep as well.

:flowerforyou: MARTHA (stamps4fun)...As someone who works with a computer all day, here is a solution to the water spilling problem. Get yourself a water container that has a lid on it, with a drinking straw built in. If it tips, no disaster, just a couple of drops, maybe. Much better than baptizing your creations. :smile:

BTW, do you have a gift shop anywhere around that might take your cards on consignment? If they are a hit, you could probably end up with a deal to sell out of that retail store. You will probably have a better chance at a store owned by an individual, rather than a chain. Also, if there are clothing consignment shops in your area, maybe one of them would be willing to give your product a try. Just a thought. Your profile doesn't say where you are, so I can't be very specific about suggestions.

BTW, you don't have to eliminate cashews from your diet. Nuts are GOOD for you, providing a good kind of fat that helps keep you from feeling hungry.:drinker: :drinker: You don't need to eat a lot of them, but they, as well as almonds are something I enjoy regularly.

I mentioned yesterday I was meeting my friend for lunch @ TGI Fridays, but that didn't happen. I was just too tired, went to bed too late on Thursday night. After I dropped off the doggies at the groomer and visited my chiropractor, for the last adjustment to cure my lingering aches from the bicycling disaster of Memorial Day weekend, I came home and slept for 3 hours. :yawn:

When I woke up I found a message from another friend, reminding me we were supposed to be going out Friday night. So I still ended up at TGI Fridays, but for dinner instead. They have several things on their menu that work nicely for those of us watching calories. The Key Lime shrimp is excellent. :heart: The Dragonfire chicken is another good choice for calories, but a little high in sodium. :grumble: Also, here is a link to a coupon good for buy one get one entree free that is good til June 22nd. :drinker: :drinker: Naturally, I found it AFTER I had been there last night!!:grumble:

http://www.tgifridays.com/promos/JuneBogo.aspx?source=home

If the sound is up on your computer, you will discover on opening this that it plays the sound of a restaurant in the background, talking and other noises. When it happened to me I thought my computer was "haunted" for a moment.:laugh:

I know I promised the story of my dinner last Monday night, but that will have to come later. I still have to get walking and make some attempt at housecleaning.

Barb
  • momof10
    momof10 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    :glasses: hello and a nice afternoon to everyone i am home wow what a week but i love what i do as a pca were i was they do not have a comp and i was only home to get the children off to school and than home from school and make supper and back off to work. i try bringing my lap top of but noboky in the area had a open connect.. so i am going to do some reading of the post and see how everyone is.. i had some slips this week but i ended my week at 217.6 so to me that is so wonderful i only slid up oz here and there.. this is the first week that i have finally kept going down.. will everyone have a nice afternoon miss everyone i did... love debbie and family
  • Benson
    Benson Posts: 444
    Options
    Good afternoon

I don't usually post on the weekends but I had to share my one more lb. lost. Not that that's a big deal but to me, its about getting back the the weight loss I had accomplished last year. Now for the last 10 months or so I have been yo yoing and so I'll put that behind me and move forward. All I want to take with me is the knowledge and strategies I have been working on that will help me continue.

Today I sat down and made a meal plan for the coming week and went and got groceries. I didn't buy anything that's not a good choice. I walked for two miles and 3 miles per hour - my foot still kills. - but I burned 242 calories. If I get on the elliptical for only 10-15 minutes I will reach my goal for calories burned for today. I have had 5 waters already. Boy it feels good to be serious about this. I only hope I can continue to take the 'high'road.

Reading the posts is a great way to stay on track and motivated. You ladies are simply the best!!

Have a great day.
  • committed
    committed Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Two pounds lost this week!!!! :bigsmile: Wore a smaller size shorts to the garden:bigsmile: Dropped 2 sizes so far and two more sizes and I will have a whole new wardrobe that hasn't seen the light of day in about 10 years:bigsmile: :bigsmile: I will get there:bigsmile:

Don't have time to post much my grandson who will be two in two weeks is coming over in an about an hour so I've got to work on the house. I call it de-dogging since we have 3. :bigsmile: I put them outside :grumble: or in another room while he is here they will probably want to be inside since it is hot out today although they have lots of shade.

Worked in the garden this morning - 48 oz of water so far.:drinker: :drinker: Having a flavored water has seemed to work really well for me when I think I want to snack. This week I've been drinking over the suggested 64 oz. and I believe that has made the difference.:drinker: :drinker:

I did treat myself today to 10 M & M's 35 calories so I had my chocolate fix and now I'm good to go.

The vacuum is calling:bigsmile:

Nancy:heart:
  • Patsigirl
    Patsigirl Posts: 16
    Options
    What about a woman over 60? Can I join up with you "young" folks?:flowerforyou:

229395.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • weaklink109
    Options
    What about a woman over 60? Can I join up with you "young" folks?:flowerforyou:

229395.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Absolutely!!, the thread is "50+" There is no limit to the number of "++++" that can come after the 50!!:laugh: We have other members over 60 in our thread.

Barb
  • isandi
    isandi Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies
    I am new to this sight! I have been using the weight ticker on another board!
    Now, I am using the sight to log everything and I thought I would take a look at the boards.

I would love to join your group! If that is okay!
    I have been dieting my whole life and now my over weight is causing me to be diabetic. Notice I have no
    responsibility for this! LOL I am really struggling with the sugar cravings and I want to "get over it!" This is such an active board that I am thinking that this is where I need to be!

My youngest son is getting married in 4 weeks and I would really like to be down a few pounds!
    The wedding is going to be in PV Mexico and I am the wedding planner! lol!
    My ticker reflects that my mind is on this wedding. It was taken a long time ago when my 2 oldest were teenagers!

Anyway , I am going to post daily, log my food and exercise and drink my water!:drinker:

Sandi::flowerforyou:
  • Patsigirl
    Patsigirl Posts: 16
    Options
    thanks for the welcome. I'm starting (day 2) of the South Beach Diet and this site seems to be for any diet. I've done Weight Watchers but didn't make the progress I need. So, here I am. By the way, I will be 66 next week.
  • doobiedoo
    doobiedoo Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Patsigirl and Sandi, We all have ways to help and encourage each other and so the more, the merrier. Welcome!!:flowerforyou:
  • ballred57
    ballred57 Posts: 16
    Options
    I'm new just started on Wednesday! I loved reading the posts. I'll be 52 the end of this month and by my next birthday I want to be at a healthier weight. Drinking water is something I'm struggling with as well. I like water but forget to drink when I'm at work. I do ok on the weekends when I'm home. Any suggestions for getting water down when you're working?:blushing:

So many of you seem to have done so well - give me all the suggestions you can.
  • Grammymax
    Grammymax Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Welcome Sandi and ballread. Glad you found us. This is a great group of 50++++++++++ women:laugh: :laugh:
    ballread: I drink water hot sometimes and cold other times. I drink a lot more through a straw so I use my stainless steel container most of the day. This also helps if you're at a desk and don't want the risk of spilling:wink:

have a great evening everyone.

Esther
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,987 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I finally had time to read what you all wrote but will never be able to respond personally except to say that you have been with me all day and kept me focused.:bigsmile: :heart: :heart:

Welcome, ballred, Sandi, and Patsi
    you have come to the right place. take the time to read all the wonderful posts and make use of all the good ideas that you find. It is amazing how some small new idea can make a huge difference and keep you pointed down the right path when you weren't able to stay focused before.

Nancy and Heather---congratulations on your weight loss. Those small steps keep adding up to great personal reward. Keep doing what you're doing.

We have done well staying with our eating plans. Today we shared a meal with our friends where they brought their meal to our RV, we fixed our own and we sat at the picnic table under the awning and ate together. We were able to say "no thank you" to all the people who asked us to join them at a Mexican restaurant or the casino buffet. Later we walked around the track. I have over 23,000 steps on my pedometer today.

I've been keeping a tally of my water drinking and I'm doing well. Drinking water has been a big goal for me and I'm so happy to be making progress.

Thanks and big hugs to all of you, :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
    Barbie
  • weaklink109
    Options
    I'm new just started on Wednesday! I loved reading the posts. I'll be 52 the end of this month and by my next birthday I want to be at a healthier weight. Drinking water is something I'm struggling with as well. I like water but forget to drink when I'm at work. I do ok on the weekends when I'm home. Any suggestions for getting water down when you're working?:blushing:

So many of you seem to have done so well - give me all the suggestions you can.

Welcome. Esther had a good tip about spill prevention. Here is my 2 cents worth on the water question. I start off first thing in the morning. Since I have medication I take upon waking, I take it with my first glass of water of the day.:drinker:

I sip water throughout the day at my desk. Usually by the time I have my first break, I am on my 3rd 8 ounce serving. By the time my workday is half over, I have already had 4 or 5 glasses. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: I work a split shift, so I usually have at least 2 more glasses during the break so that by 3p I am at glass 6 or 7. :drinker: :drinker:

By scheduling this way, I have finshed my water consumption early enough in the evening that I am not having to roll out of bed multiple times during the night, because water is like beer. You don't "buy" it, you "rent" it, if ya know what I mean!!::drinker: :drinker: laugh: :laugh:

A hit about the water tracker. If you post more than 8 glasses, the water begins to overflow. Kind of a cute touch.:smile: