50+ WOMEN for the month of JUNE

Options

Replies

• weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Barbicat--

Good to hear things are going well for you. Are you still in Yakima? You were smart to avoid the Mexican restaurant. Much as I love many of the dishes available there, the potential for hidden fat and sodium is great. There is only one place I will go in my area because I have confidence that the salt shaker is not superglued to the cook's hand!:laugh:

BTW, this has nothing to do w/weight loss, but for any of you that are Comcast Digital customers, the On Demand under music and concerts has a 48 minute program under the name Bob Dylan that is a video of Dylan, Peter Paul and Mary, Joan Baez and others who appears at the Newport Folk Festival in the 60's. I am watching it now and it is a trip down memory lane.

Everyone have a good night. Drink your water, :drinker: get your beauty sleep, :yawn: and if you have had a tough day staying on track, tomorrow is a fresh new day.:flowerforyou:

Barb
  • committed
    committed Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the newcomers:flowerforyou:

This is a great bunch of ladies. We are a varied group but we all have one thing in common:heart: we are going to lose the pounds :bigsmile: :bigsmile: and it is so much easier when you know you have others that care and are rooting for you. I have found this thread to be such a motivator because I want to change my ticker in the right direction and I finally was able to do this after several weeks. Now you can see Bosco's face:bigsmile:

Today was successfull - weeded my garden- planted some more lettuce burned a lot of calories:bigsmile: drank 80 oz. of water,:drinker: :drinker: ate 2 full meals and still have 600 calories left. I think I may try the sugar free ice cream I bought and reward myself for behaving today:laugh: :laugh:

My son and daughter in law came and picked up my grandson about an hour ago. He was sound asleep :yawn: - he and "Grandma" got lots of exercise this afternoon, he loves being outside so we walked and walked and walked and he was starved. He has such a healthy appetite for a two year old not picky so Grandma made chicken, peas, asparagus, mashed potatoes, fried apples, biscuits and gravy I didn't eat the biscuits and gravy or the fried apples that's why I can have ice cream:laugh: :laugh:

I received my new cookbooks although one isn't a cookbook after all but it's a wonderful book titled "Eat This-Not That!" It's a full color book that shows as it states "Thousands of simple food swaps that can save you 10, 20, 30 pounds or more." It features a menu decoder for any restaurant, best and worst meals at 60 fast food and chain restaurants, grocery store items showing you on one page the good choices vs the facing page the ones you shoud avoid. beverage guide, holidays and special occasions, what to eat when you're tired, stressed or in different moods. This little book is wonderful I'm actually glad it isn't a cookbook. :bigsmile: This will be a very good reference. One of the other books is "Cook Yourself Thin" Just glancing at the recipes and the calories first glance they appear to be higher in calories than I expected, but I need to take a second look. The Hungry Girl Cookbook looks like it has a lot of recipes that I will definitely try. The book has 200 recipes under 200 calories and lots of dessert recipes most of them 113-150 calories:bigsmile: :bigsmile: even a recipe for a mini microwave triple chocolate cake- I'll think I will try this one out.: Mix 2 tablespoons Cool whip free with 1/2 Tablespoon of Hershey's Lite chocolate syrup and put in the freezer. In a small ramekin use 2 tablespoons of devil's food cake mix and 1 tablespoon fat-free vanilla yogurt - mix together and microwave 1 minute. Take your "chocolate cool whip" out of the freezer and spread on top and drizzle with 1/2 tablespoon of the Hershey's syrup. This sounds like a perfect chocolate fix and only 130 calories:bigsmile: I think this book is definitely going to be worth the $10.00:bigsmile:

Need to prepare my Sunday school lesson I usually do this on Sunday morning, but now that we have early services I don't have a lot of time - so I must get on it tonight.

Nancy:heart:
  • Wishful
    Wishful Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Chocolate cool whip-mmmmm. Good morning, all! I am trying to drink more water, but I haven't even made 8 glasses yet. Some of you are amazing in that respect. Everybody keep up the great work!
  • weaklink109
    Options
    Good Sunday Morning to All!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

A quick WOO HOO!!! is in order, as I just weighed, and I am down another pound. Only 6 more to reach my 4th of July goal of down 25 lbs.!!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: I guess my 5 miles of walking yesterday paid off!! More later.

Barb
  • momof10
    momof10 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Good morning everyone. Welcome new people. hope everyone is haveing a nice day i am starting out slow today. i am staying home at just enjoying my home today and do things around here. i had a really crazy week were i just realize this morning i gave up lots of me time.. i am thankful for the week i had just don't want to go backwards for me. i have come a long way will its 11:07 a.m. and i ahve been on the comp to long and i want to go on my wii need to her to my mii tell me i am obese i kinda got use to hearing that every moring its funny for yous that do not have the wii you have this person who after you put you stats in is kinda of suppose to look like you will she wears this purple tee shirt that comes up over her belly a little and my family thinks shes cute cause of course purple is my color and i wear purple tees ok have a nice day love deb and family
  • Grammymax
    Grammymax Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Good morning all:

Barbie: That is a lot of steps. You may have mentioned it before but do you have a special pedometer? I have gone through about 3 that just don't seem to be accurate. Of course it could be the 'programmer' :laugh:

Barb - great job on the weight loss. :flowerforyou:

Deb: Good for you. The wii sounds like it could be a lot of fun.

Gotta run but I'll be back later.

Esther
  • healthier4me
    healthier4me Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Good Sunday Morning to everyone:heart:

Welcome to our newest members:flowerforyou:

Well my scale tells me that I dropped almost another lb...yippee at least it is moving...just gotta keep it doing that. Congratulations to those that have been doing so well too:smile:

On Friday I guess I over did my getting the trailer ready, cleaning, laundry and a long brisk walk because I have aggravated my knee ( I have osteoarthritis in both knees since I was in my early 30's). My knee very painful and made it difficult to fall asleep on Friday nite:grumble: I try to be careful and not tick it off but alas I guess it just was telling me to back off and let them rest a little:frown: However, this is just a little bump in the road and it to will pass. Yesterday I held back from any extra exercise, watched my food intake but kept as active as I could. Have to get it rested up for next weekend when we head out to our RV Park adventure:bigsmile: The trailer is all but ready except for food and some clothing. What a great feeling:smile:

Today I will do some upper body exercises with my weights, drink all my water plus a little extra and maybe get in the pool if it is warm enough to swim without a parka:laugh: :laugh:

Anne I hope you are feeling better and thank you for posting another keeper for my fridge:heart: You sure are the cheerleader for our happy group:laugh: I always look forward to seeing what saying/ideas you share to inspire and motivate me.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday:flowerforyou:

Marie:heart:
  • ballred57
    ballred57 Posts: 16
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all the great ideas. :flowerforyou: I bought a new bottle with a straw that is small for work. This should help me drink water all day without spilling on my desk - made a meal plan for most of the week and will go shopping in a few minutes to make sure I have everything to stay on track. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: I see those of you who have lost significant amounts of weight - you make me believe I can too. :smooched: Thanks for sharing.:happy:

Brenda
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Esther, I have a pedometer which cost me $30. I love it and think that it is accurate. The only problem I have with it is that the time will change on me. I think that I must be hitting the set button while it is in my pocket.

:flowerforyou: Brenda, I have a Thermos brand bottle which had a dial on the top to show how many times I have re-filled it. I love it. I do have to be careful with the dial because it turns too easily.

:flowerforyou: Marie, congrats on you weight lose. Keep going, you will succeed.

:flowerforyou: Congrats to you also, Barb. How long have you been working on that 25 pounds?

Everyone is doing so well. Glad to hear this.
  • Patsigirl
    Patsigirl Posts: 16
    Options
    After church this morning I helped give a baby shower for friends and was in such a rush I didn't have time to fix lunch. So I grabbed a slice of deli ham, wrapped it around a cheese stick and a stalk of celery and that was it. It's after 4 p.m. and I'm not yet hungry. There were lots of goodies at the shower, part of which I made but my glass of ice water was it for me. I was really tempted by Kumquat cheese cake pie but didn't give in.
    So, I think I will go make a big salad with sliced roast chicken breast. (I'm thinking I'm getting hungry now!):smile:
    229395.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,987 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    :flowerforyou: Patsi---the planning will get easier as you do it. I've been planning my meals the night before for almost five months and it is almost automatic but it wasn't easy at first. Keep at it, one day at a time.

:flowerforyou: Esther: my step counter is a feature on my outrageously expensive "Walkman" phone but the new pedometer that Jake just bought is made by Omron and is designed to be carried in your pocket. It cost about $35.00. It resets automatically at midnight and keeps track of your steps for many days in a row. It seems to be accurate in counting steps and the way you calibrate it to know how many miles you've walked is pretty simple.

:flowerforyou: Marie, congrats on your continued weight and inches loss and bon voyage on your RV adventure. I hope you have as much fun as we are having and that you eat and exercise well.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: With your positive attitude I know you'll do well.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Barb, congrats on your weight loss. After the poochies lost weight, it is only right that you did, too.

:flowerforyou: Brenda, you have started out with the open mindedness and positve attitude that you need for your journey. We all started out where you are and weren't sure that it would work for us. You can do it. Keep on putting one foot in front of the other.:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

We fired up the grill for lunch (our big meal) and had turkey burgers and grilled veggies (peppers, zucchini, yellow squash, cherry tomatoes, onions, mushrooms).

We'll walk again later (not 20,000 steps) and enjoy an afternoon of sightseeing.

Hugs to all:heart::heart: :heart:
    Barbie
  • weaklink109
    Options

:flowerforyou: Congrats to you also, Barb. How long have you been working on that 25 pounds?

I started the week after Easter. As of Monday it will be 9 weeks, so 19 lbs. in that time, and if I ever get my walking in today, maybe it will say 20 by tomorrow. I tend to only weigh on Sun and Mon, because my most active exercise days are Fri Sat and Sun.

Today has not gone as planned. A friend with ongoing respiratory issues ( COPD) recently had pneumonia, and while in hospital for 2 weeks, coughed so violently that she broke at least one rib. She had been home doing better, but started having troubles last night and called me this morning to take her back to the hospital. I was at breakfast at the time w/my neighbor the calorie tempter, and I haven't been home since. I am at my parents at the moment and couldn't help looking at the thread when I got on here to post my breakfast.

I am waiting to hear from her as to whether she needs a ride back home or is going to be admitted, so I can't go walking until I hear.

Glad to hear we have people finding solutions to their water drinking that work for them.

Oh, almost forgot to mention, I put on a pair of jeans two sizes smaller than the ones I was wearing in April that haven't fit in at least 2 years, and they BUTTONED, and still do AFTER breakfast!!:drinker: :drinker:

'til Later...

Barb
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Barb, you are doing so good. My weight isn't coming off nearly as well as yours. I will be praying for your friend. That must be terribly painful.
  • Mimis5
    Mimis5 Posts: 19
    Options
    Hello!
    This is the ticket for me! I'm 55, Mom of 2, Mimi of 4 with a new little one on the way. Are any of you lap banders? I'm Laurie from Maine....
  • Lianne95519
    Lianne95519 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    Welcome to the new folks and thanks to all who have posted. :smile: I have been reading all the helpful ideas and encouraging words. I so appreciate your experiences.:heart::heart: :heart:

Yesterday I had a challenge and with some planning came through just fine. We went to a campout:smokin: and though the price of the event included lunch and dinner I went to my favorite store and bought several small chunks of grilled teriyaki albacore build a large organic salad. I brought some raw almonds and apricots along for a snack if needed and when lunch time came I had my lovely salad. I sat and visited with old friends as they ate all the things I could eat but not if I expect to lose weight. We left before the supper because we wanted to get home before dark for our pets. When I was enjoying my lunch several folks said I didn’t see any of that offered and I just smiled and said I brought my own. It was so easy because I was eating something I really liked. The big challenge for me is to plan, plan, plan.
    I am going to see the surgeon tomorrow. I expect he will tell me the same thing he told me 6 months ago that I need surgery.:sad: :sad: :sad: The only difference is now I have become willing to consider surgery after exhausting all other options. The good thing is I know I can continue to lose weight by being accountable and tracking. Also I have continued to do weight workouts sitting down and abs on the floor. I can manage to break a sweat even sitting down! I just need to stay “highly motivated”! You all are helping me with that. So thanks to all of you!!!!!
    :smile: :happy: :laugh: :wink: :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • isandi
    isandi Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

This is my second day for posting. I just love this board! I really love the customized tickers! They are soo fun!

Barb, you are doing a great job! Congrats on your 2 pound loss!

Ester, I have the Omeron pocket pedometer and it is really great! We ordered it on line!

It is really hard to post when you can't refer to the other posts, so I guess I will have to take notes. No way I can depend on my memory! LOL
  • weaklink109
    Options
    Hi everyone,

This is my second day for posting. I just love this board! I really love the customized tickers! They are soo fun!

Barb, you are doing a great job! Congrats on your 2 pound loss!

Ester, I have the Omeron pocket pedometer and it is really great! We ordered it on line!

It is really hard to post when you can't refer to the other posts, so I guess I will have to take notes. No way I can depend on my memory! LOL

Welcome, thanks for the congrats,but it was only 1 pound so far this week, not 2, but I am hoping.

Since you are new, I will suggest to you what many of the old timers do for posting. Write your post in notepad or wordpad, or whatever word processing program you want to. As you are writing, you can navigate up and down the thread to reply as you want to. Then you copy and past into a reply window, add your emoticons(symbols on left if you are not a pc geek) as needed and hit reply. The advantage to this is if you hit the wrong button and erase what you put in the post window, you still have it on your pc and can recopy it back in.

Barb
  • weaklink109
    Options
    Barb, you are doing so good. My weight isn't coming off nearly as well as yours. I will be praying for your friend. That must be terribly painful.

Becky,

Thank you for the prayers. They may come in handy. Since my post of abt 3p PT today, I picked Linda up from the hospital. They said she had a "touch" of pneumonia and her rib was sore because she had re-injured it. She got home about 5:30p.

I went home and did a little kitchen cleanup and managed to start a dishwasher load before meeting my neighbor Joel, AKA the calorie tempter:devil: for dinner at TGI Fridays. I like going there because there are things I like that are not super high in calories. Anyway, we got home about 8:15 & I took my doggies out for a quickie, and decided, since I never did walk today, (because of waiting to find out if Linda needed to come home from the hospital or not) that I would get 3 miles in before I quit for the day, so about 8:30p I took off. I had to do something to work off that Margarita!:drinker:

My route takes me within a block of Linda's house, so when a fire truck went by with lights on and no siren and turned ahead of me into the street that eventually leads to her house, something told me to call her. One of the roommates answered, and confirmed my fear that the fire truck was for her. She was having a bad asthma attack. I was about 1/2 a mile from her house at this point, and started walking as fast as I could without running. When I got to the corner and the ambulance turned just as I got there, I started jogging, and to my amazement, I was able to jog almost 5 blocks and was still upright and not in need of oxygen, myself!!

At least 2/3 of the "jog" was an outright run. My knees didn't protest, but they may let me know in the morning how they really feel about it. As for Linda, they put her on oxygen and sent her back to the hospital. Her roommates were going with her, and I told them if they try to send her home again, she should refuse to leave until her own doctor can see her tomorrow.

I will find out in the morning what happened, unless someone leaves me a message after I am in bed, as I asked them to. Since my lap has acquired a canine visitor, & I am typing one handed, that is all for now.

Barb
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,987 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Mimi----welcome to MFP. This group is an especially great place to be. These women have helped to change my life. I have a friend who said that I have "reinvented myself" and she may be right but I could not have done it alone. I have a friend in my town who is a lap bander and she has successfully lost weight and kept it off with a strict program of planning her food and being accountable for what she eats and having a support group.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Lianne, I'll be thinking positive thoughts for you when you visit the doctor. Being willing to listen and being open minded to what the doctor says will be helpful. You will be the expert on chair exercising in no time.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Good for you, bringing your own food. It was scary for me the first time I did it, but now it's easier.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Sandi, I am so glad you are enjoying MFP. I think it's great. My husband has an Omron pedometer that he ordered online. He has gone from being a couch potato to being a walking fool.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Barb---I'm so happy to hear that you are able to wear smaller pants. The clothes are even more honest and "revealing" than the scale.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :laugh: :laugh:

I'm trying to get to bed early, but in about 5 minutes it won't be early any more.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Barbie
  • FITFORLIFE1944
    Options
    GOOD MORNING ALL :flowerforyou:

I AM AWAKE SINCE 3:45 AND HAVE HAD A BAD START TODAY. I WAS SOAKING MY FOOT AND WENT TO PICK UP THE FOOT PAN TO EMPTY IT WHEN IT JUST SEEMED TO DANCE RIGHT OUT OF MY HANDS. WHAT A MESS TO CLEAN UP. THEN THE CAT JUMPS ON MY LAP UNEXPECTEDLY AND KNOCKS MY COFFEE SIDEWAYS ON TO MY BED. I PROCEEDED TO CLEAN THAT UP. I PUT BENGAY ON MY KNEE AND FOR SOME STUPID REASON I TOUCH MY EYE AND HALF BURN IT OUT OF THE SOCKET. :explode: THANKS FOR LETTING ME VENT.:heart: LITTLE THINGS, BUT SO EARLY IN THE DAY AND ONE AFTER ANOTHER.

BARB, WOO HOO, 1 LB DOWN AND GETTING INTO A SMALLER SIZE,OR SHOULD I SAY 2 SIZES SMALLER ,PANTS. DOUBLE WOO HOO. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    I BANGED MY TOES HARD AND IT CAUSED PAIN AND SWELLING. PAIN IS PRETTY MUCH GONE,BUT CANNOT SEEM TO GET THE SWELLING TO GO DOWN. THANKS. I WISH YOU WERE AT THAT DINNER TO TELL THAT ICE PRINCESS OFF. THAT MARRIAGE ENDED IN DIVORCE AFTER FRANK HAD A CAR ACCIDENT WHILE ARGUING WITH HER. HE FINALLY HAD ENOUGH. THE FIRST WIFE WAS SUCH AN ANGEL. YOU OUT DID YOURSELF WITH THOSE JOKES IN THAT LONG POST.:laugh: SORRY ABOUT YOUR FRIEND, LINDA. HOPE SHE WILL BE OK.

HEATHER, ANOTHER POUND LOST :flowerforyou: KNOWLEDGE AND STRATEGY, TWO POWERFUL WORDS. WHENEVER YOU FEEL DOWN AND HAVE ANY DOUBT THAT YOU
    CAN SUCCEED, CLOSE YOUR EYES FOR JUST A MINUTE AND PICTURE YOURSELF
    FEELING GOOD, LOOKING BEAUTIFUL,IN CONTROL AND EVER SO SERIOUS ABOUT WINNING THIS WAR. I
    WANT YOU TO REPLACE THAT "HOPE" WORD WITH "WILL". "I WILL CONTINUE TO TAKE
    THE HIGH ROAD". YOU ARE DOING GREAT.

NANCY, 2LBS GONE AND SO FAR ,DOWN 2 SIZES, YIPPEE! :flowerforyou: YOUR REWARDS,
    M & M'S AND SUGAR FREE ICE CREAM, THIS SEEMS TO WORK FOR YOU, BUT HAVE YOU
    EVER GIVEN A THOUGHT TO OTHER REWARDS BESIDES FOOD? FROM WHAT I HAVE
    READ , IT IS BETTER TO FOCUS AWAY FROM FOOD TREATS? KEEP GOING GIRL, YOU ARE
    DOING SO WELL. :smile: THE BOOKS SOUND EXCELLENT,ESPECIALLY, EAT THIS NOT THAT.

WELCOME TO PATSI, SANDI, BALLRED AND MIMI. THIS IS TRULY A GOOD PLACE TO BE.

BARBIE, HAPPY TO HEAR YOU ARE HAVING A GREAT TIME. :smile:

VICKI, GLAD YOU ARE ENJOYING YOUR TRIP. WONDERFUL THAT YOU ARE CONTINUING TO
    FOCUS ON YOUR HEATH PLAN.:flowerforyou: TRIPS ARE THE HARDEST TEST OF ALL.

MARTHA, CONGRATS ON LOSING A TOTAL OF 9LBS AND 2 INCHES OFF YOUR WAIST. :flowerforyou: THE MC D CONE IS A FAVORITE TREAT OF MINE WHEN I AM OUT AND ABOUT. IT HAS ONLY 150 CALORIES AND TASTES SO GOOD.

DEBBIE, KEEP GOING, DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT SLIPPING BACK INTO OLD HABITS.:noway:

MARIE, GLAD THE SCALE IS MOVING IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION.:flowerforyou: THANKS FOR YOUR KIND WORDS. HERE ARE A FEW OF MY FAVORITE SAYINGS.

MAKE 2009 YOUR YEAR TO FIGHT OFF THE
    VOICES THAT DICTATE YOUR MOST PRIVATE
    CHOICES, PUT YOURSELF IN CONTROL.

FEELING HEALTHY AND FEELING GOOD
    ABOUT YOURSELF IS NOT A LUXURY - ITS
    A NECESSITY.

WHEN YOU DISCOVER IT'S YOUR CHOICE
    AND YOUR ATTITUDE, THINGS REALLY
    START TO HAPPEN.

BECKY, YOU ONLY HAVE 4 MORE POUNDS TO GOAL ACCORDING TO YOUR TICKER. THIS IS THE HARD PART. HANG IN THERE, YOU WILL MAKE IT.:flowerforyou:

LIANNE, WHAT AN INSPIRING POST. :flowerforyou: I HAVE HEARD THE EXCUSE,"I WANT TO GET MY MONIES WORTH" MANY TIMES. YOU KNOW THAT YOUR HEALTH IS WORTH SO MUCH MORE.
    ALSO HAVING HEALTH PROBLEMS OF ANY KIND CAN BE A SET BACK. YOU ARE READY TO GO
    FORWARD AND HAVE A PLAN. I KNOW EVERYTHING WILL BE OK FOR YOU.:heart:

SUSAN, IT'S GOOD THAT YOU REALIZED YOU COULD NOT EAT JUST ONE OF THE TREATS AND CUT THEM OUT ALTOGETHER. SOME PEOPLE THINK THAT IS TOO DRASTIC,BUT I THINK WHATEVER IT TAKES IS WHAT SHOULD BE DONE. THERE ARE WAYS OF ADDING THE TREATS
    BACK INTO YOUR LIFE LATER ON. IT TAKES SOME STRATEGY, BUT WITH PLANNING WE CAN
    ALL HAVE THE FOODS WE LOVE IN OUR LIVES. WE DON'T EVER HAVE TO FEEL DEPRIVED. :smile:

TAKE CARE MY FRIENDS, MAKE THOSE GOOD CHOICES.:flowerforyou:

:heart: ANNE