Not what you thought it was............

Options

Replies

• Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I wasn't aware what 69 meant. For some reason, the marching band at college would shout it aloud. I called my mom one night, to ask her what it meant. I think she choked on her diet coke.
  • lisakyle_11
    lisakyle_11 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    my husband thought this:

"Blinded by the light/ revved up like a DOUCHE.... I had to explain to him what a Douse was. :) He still sings it this way for a laugh.

love it! :laugh:
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    my husband thought this:

"Blinded by the light/ revved up like a DOUCHE.... I had to explain to him what a Douse was. :) He still sings it this way for a laugh.
    It would be interesting to know what a Douse is. Perhaps the word you seek is deuce. Irony is awesome. :drinker:
  • lostsanity137
    lostsanity137 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I always heard "dirty deeds and the Dunder Chief" instead of "done dirt cheap". Even now that I know the right lyrics, I still sing Dunder Chief, because it's more fun.

I had a friend who thought it was dirty jeans and dungarees lol!!

For the longest time I thought it was "dirty deeds and they're done with sheep." O.O
    Then I heard a spoof that actually sung it that way! When I got confused, my ex set me straight. OOOOOH!
  • shanahan_09
    shanahan_09 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I apologize for not reading all the previous pages, but here's mine...

Van Halen, 1984, "Jump"

"Maxwell, jump! (JUMP!) Maxwell, jump."

Who the crap is Maxwell and why must he jump???

:laugh: Love it!!
  • JLWilson27
    Options
    watching the news when i was about 7 or 8 or so,they where talking about guerillas fighting in the middle east/europe somewhere,i thought there was an army of silverback mountain gorillas fighting it's way to england,gave me nightmares for months.it was much later when i realised they were two seperate words.

MEEEE TOO!
  • fitplease
    fitplease Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I thought the expression was "for all intensive purposes" instead of "for all intents and purposes" until just a few years ago! And then I just about DIED of laughter when, on 30 Rock a couple weeks ago, there was a line of "idiots" picketing outside and Denise Richards was standing in it and she said "for all intensive purposes!" with a proud jut of her chin!

I am totally guilty of this misunderstanding until I read your post. How stupid! LOL.
  • MrsJackieH
    MrsJackieH Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Tea Bagging....
    When I was a pre-teen, tea-bagging was a caffeine rush derived by sucking on tea-bags, and then jumping around with a slight high. Fast forward 30 years.

I saw some tea-bags dumped in the trash, and my son, aged 15, had a sleep-over with several of his friends. My wife had dumped those tea-bags, but I didn't know that. I jokingly said "I see you guys were tea-bagging - eh?"

They all looked at me wide-eyed, embarrassed. I continued...
    "Oh come on! I used to do that with my friends years ago" - and so the conversation went.
    I left it at a that, and it was not until later that night at a party that somebody advised me of my mistake.

I WAS APPALLED!

thank you for this, it made my night. lols poor guy.
  • quiksandy
    quiksandy Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid my dad used to always keep jars of artichoke hearts in our fridge. I thought for sure that artichokes were some cute, furry animal and people had ripped their little hearts out. I was glad to find out I was wrong. And now I love artichoke hearts too!
  • MrsJackieH
    Options
    Take me down to the" very last city" where the grass is green and the girls are pretty....

LMAO THAT'S NOT HOW IT GOES?? Well now there are two of us that didn't know that haha.
  • andforpoise
    Options
    This one isn't me...but my aunt! Two things... first, my Papa was a milk man back in the day... and he told my mom and my aunt when they were little that brown cows made chocolate milk. I think my aunt believed him until she was in her 20s! She also thought that a moose was a male deer :P
  • rlwart
    rlwart Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I love this topic! For the past two days I've been walking around saying "Chicken McButts" because of the new McD's commercial about some new food item... the voiceover totally sounds like he's telling us about Chicken McButts. Nobody else thinks its as funny as I do.
  • mrsred79
    Options
    I wasn't aware what 69 meant. For some reason, the marching band at college would shout it aloud. I called my mom one night, to ask her what it meant. I think she choked on her diet coke.

My mom would have too! LMAO!
  • lozzae85
    Options
    Once I must have done something to annoy my ex and he shouted shouted 'watch or you will feel my raft' I looked at him and questioned him and he sighed and again loudly repeated himself 'you'll feel my raft'

I laughed and said 'you mean wrath as in W-R-A-T-H don't you?"

That shut him up :)
  • llamalland
    llamalland Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    when I was little, I wanted a "typebriter" for Christmas...
  • MrsJackieH
    Options
    ready for the dumbest one yet?

when i was 14, and a freshman in high school
    i had to get papers filled out for our field trip to the white house.

they said it would take us about 8 hours to get there. so i was like mom it only takes 8 hours to go cross country???!! thinking they were the dumb *kitten*....my mom looked at me shocked and like she wanted to cry with laughter and said "no honey, the white house is not in Washington...its in Washington DC" i felt like the dumbest 14yr old ever hahaha

still havent lived that down 8 years later haha
  • fyreflies26
    fyreflies26 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My husband thought the kiss song was "I want to rock and roll all night, and part of every day." Like they are responsible rockstars who need their beauty sleep :)
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    when I was in a class in college... I had a total blank moment... I wasn't paying any attention to this class... duh... and the teacher asked me to give him a definition of syntax.... I was like what oh... " ya its the tax they add to beer and cigarettes" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: he was like ummmm.... sin tax OMG :flowerforyou:
  • RocketsGirl
    RocketsGirl Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Tea Bagging....
    When I was a pre-teen, tea-bagging was a caffeine rush derived by sucking on tea-bags, and then jumping around with a slight high. Fast forward 30 years.

I saw some tea-bags dumped in the trash, and my son, aged 15, had a sleep-over with several of his friends. My wife had dumped those tea-bags, but I didn't know that. I jokingly said "I see you guys were tea-bagging - eh?"

They all looked at me wide-eyed, embarrassed. I continued...
    "Oh come on! I used to do that with my friends years ago" - and so the conversation went.
    I left it at a that, and it was not until later that night at a party that somebody advised me of my mistake.

I WAS APPALLED!

OMG I just died laughing! That is effing funny as ****!
  • noogie98
    noogie98 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Heard a joke about this over the holidays, and seriously, could totally relate to it, because until I joined choir in 5th grade in school, I sooooo thought these were the words:

"... Olive, the other reindeer, used to laugh & call him names..."

:blushing: