Do you fart at the gym?

Options

Replies

• rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Yep, I have my days especially when I have been eating lots of fiber when working abs and lower body. Have also done it while working with my Chiropractor, a Physical Therapist and my Massage Therapist. One of the advantages of being mature, it doesn't bother me as much as it used too. LOL
  • PeekABooGirl
    PeekABooGirl Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Saw the title of this thread and HAD to read it! I'm absolutely cracking up out loud reading all the responses!

So that's what that distinct odor is in there! :laugh:
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    eh, for the ladies that had multiples natural deliveries....can we talk about vaginal farts????? No...i am alone with this? Okidoki
    Laughing so hard I can hardly breath.... That's one the men won't understand

^^this^^ :laugh:

Ya, my DH still doesn't get that one, LOL
  • elysecea
    elysecea Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Ha ha ha this entire post is killing me!!! There is an old man in yoga class that rips them and I have to try so hard not to laugh...just be careful if you have headphones on and you think noone can here!!!!
  • elysecea
    elysecea Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I love this post. Yes I fart and the gym and sometimes is smells really bad. I just act like my friend next to me let it out. LOL
    This should be interesting. Thanks for posting this!
    Someone around me in zumba was letting it rip and it was rancid !!!! Omg ! When I am jumping around in class I have been known to let some fly...fortunately they are odorless!! Or at least I cant smell em lol!
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    I read this post the other day and then went to work out at the gym. I got the giggles so bad as I watched people walking around because all I could think was is he crop dusting?!?!?!?

I think people thought I was crazy, walking on the treadmill, giggling to myself.:laugh:
  • kimmerkay
    Options
    THE FUNNIEST POST I HAVE EVER SEEN!
  • fragilegoat
    fragilegoat Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I can't believe this. My first bump in the forums, and it's for farts.

BUMP!!!!!!
  • elimendoza31
    elimendoza31 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    OMG!!!!!! Icant stop laughing,.... Thanks for :laugh: :bigsmile: post!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    I do, especially on lower body days. Those exercises that put pressure on the midsection, squats, deadlifts, leg press etc. really gets that gas moving. The fact that I workout right after my morning coffee doesn't help, I think the warmth of the coffee gets the fart cannons primed.

The key is to try not to fart in the middle of the exercise, because you can't control the sound and you have to stand there and smell it. I prefer to hold it and walk to a far off corner of the gym, let it out, and walk back to where I am working so as to spread my gas evenly around the gym. No point in making one part of the gym suffer disproportionately, I figure.

Of course, there are times when a pant-splitting fart rips out right at the bottom of a squat. Not much you can do there except try to cover up the sound with grunt.

What are your gym farting techniques?

Heavy deadlifting days can be really bad.
  • BADGIRLstl
    BADGIRLstl Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I said I was going to stop coming in here.....LMAO!
  • AlSalzman
    AlSalzman Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Not exactly a gym fart, but work-out related...

It's unseasonably warm around here right now, so I went jogging tonight. I kinda zone out with the headphones on and all that, and I jogged past a group of people standing outside their garage... loudly blasting *kitten* on each step. Serious, honking blasts that I could hear over the metal blaring in my headphones. They all stopped what they were doing and stopped talking to each other and just gawked.

I gave them the "'Sup!" nod and kept on moving.
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Not exactly a gym fart, but work-out related...

It's unseasonably warm around here right now, so I went jogging tonight. I kinda zone out with the headphones on and all that, and I jogged past a group of people standing outside their garage... loudly blasting *kitten* on each step. Serious, honking blasts that I could hear over the metal blaring in my headphones. They all stopped what they were doing and stopped talking to each other and just gawked.

I gave them the "'Sup!" nod and kept on moving.

LOL!!!
    Oh ow...
  • kanonxbou47
    kanonxbou47 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    All the time, man. All the time.
  • Mirror_Image
    Options
    All the time! When I do aerobics, it happens to encourage the air downwards and sometimes pump with every step I take. The oxygen capacity of the room is greatly diminished...
  • Mirror_Image
    Options
    God, I've read through only 4 prior posts and the TEARS are rolling down my face from laughter. You smelly beasts!
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    I :heart: this thread. The perfect pick-me-up lol!! :laugh: :laugh:

I'm just glad I'm not the horn player in this marching band!! :drinker:
  • kekl
    kekl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    :laugh: All the time hahaha

If I know it's going to be bad I'll sidle up to a big group of guys, let it out as silently as possible and then evacuate the area. Bonus points if I get to watch the theatrics of people trying to figure out who did it from across the gym.

Yes, I take full advantage of the fact that as a female, they are probably not going to suspect me. :laugh:
  • munkeyfunk
    munkeyfunk Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    girls fart? :noway:
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    That's what the fan on the treadmill and ellipticals are for: to get smell the hell away from you!

I had my fun, RFLMAO moments when i was tring Shakeology. It gives me wicked stinky gas... my 3 y/o would call me out Everywhere and of course I couldn't help but laugh. Her sweet little angel face, golden curls, blond hair and hint of freckles, that adorable voice with sass saying, 'MOMMY! I smell your fart!"

ETA: i am laughing so hard right now!