Anyone else NOT have a Valentine?

Options

Replies

• polarstern
    polarstern Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Having a date on Valentine's day is just too ordinary for me. I don't want to let any stupid tradition (it's not even a real tradition) or a holiday dictate my (love-)life.
  • masstang
    Options
    No Valentine here :(
  • neclar
    neclar Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    none for me :cry:
  • judy20in2011
    judy20in2011 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I've been single on V-day for as long as I can remember!! (we're talking years!!!!)

So I just use it as a day to remind myself how much I LOVE me..and yes, that includes a gift :bigsmile:

a) ditto
    b) i will ALSO be getting myself a gift ;)

Does that gift Vibrate???

HA HA HA!! I needed this laugh!
  • neversettle
    neversettle Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I don't have a Valentine, but it doesnt bother me. I got out of a very unhealthy relationship in October and have NO desire whatsoever to be in another relationship for a long time. I'm happy with my life as it is.

But on that note, I have an Anti-VDay Date with one of my best friends... We're going to shoot some pool for our "date" :)
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Ladies, Valentines day is all about the mystery and excitement of what may be. We still have 6 whole days for Mr. Right to make an appearance. Who knows how many chance encounters of the life changing kind or secret admirers waiting in the wings there may be! :wink:
    [/quote]

Not sure why the quote didn't stay a "quote" oops. While I like the positive attitude of your post...the reality is life is not like the movies... if I met a guy in the next 6 days and they got all fancy on me for V-Day...I'd be weirded out, cuz we just met. :laugh: Just sayin...

I do have someone in mind that I like, but at the moment we are just friends who've hung out a few times...not expecting to even see them on V-Day.

So I'm still apparently going to the gym. Which would be better for me than dinner and chocolates :bigsmile:
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I've been single on V-day for as long as I can remember!! (we're talking years!!!!)

So I just use it as a day to remind myself how much I LOVE me..and yes, that includes a gift :bigsmile:

a) ditto
    b) i will ALSO be getting myself a gift ;)

Does that gift Vibrate???
    HA HA HA!! I needed this laugh!

Vibrating gifts=the best gifts...and they are the gifts that keep on giving. See what I did there? :bigsmile: :blushing:
  • Chuckw40
    Chuckw40 Posts: 201
    Options
    The STBX wife is moving out in March so there will be no V-day in my house!

On second thought, my beautiful daughter could be my valentine :flowerforyou:
  • Msang
    Msang Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    No date this year but im ok with that!! My parents will be 50 yrs together this year in october and they havent had a decent valentines date....EVER!! so instead I am planning a great day for them going the whole nine with couples massage, private dinner and a show!! This is more rewarding to me than any other year :) I love them and I pray one day I can be as lucky to find someone to spend the rest of my years and love like they have!!
  • ffuunnnnyy__ggiirrll
    Options
    Yep. Me.
  • alicepoppyh
    Options
    I have a partner but no Valentine.

I don't do Valentine's Day, I think it's bull****, just a good way of passing off generic V-day presents (chocolates, bubbly, red roses *vomit*) as romance and making money out of it.

Not to be all judgemental of those who like it by any means, and sorry if it sounds that way, I just never GOT it. I'm not a huge chocolate person, roses aren't my favourite, I'm too old for teddies and ****...
    If my OH wants to treat me, daffodils and some good beer any other day, over red roses on Valentine's.
  • jefarrell
    Options
    Same here, I never got a gift or a card when I was married...I'm not a materialistic person but some sign that they notice would be nice.
  • flatbellybella
    flatbellybella Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    No Valentine's. :( I broke up w/ my last boyfriend about 3 months ago, but I have an ex boyfriend who I have been spending my V-days with for a couple of years (even when we werent together)

Yesterday he told me he's gay. :noway: :grumble: :sad: :frown:

Yeah. Too many feelings...

Wow...
    I was often second guessing my choice of calling it quits with my ex just so I'd have a Valentine's day (get dressed up, romanced etc lol) but couldn't do it lol Sounds selfish but not the greatest guy I think I at least deserved that
  • flatbellybella
    flatbellybella Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    No date this year but im ok with that!! My parents will be 50 yrs together this year in october and they havent had a decent valentines date....EVER!! so instead I am planning a great day for them going the whole nine with couples massage, private dinner and a show!! This is more rewarding to me than any other year :) I love them and I pray one day I can be as lucky to find someone to spend the rest of my years and love like they have!!

That is an amazing thing you're doing for your parents! I hope they have a great time!
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I find Valentine's Day overrated, it's too planned and I hate how it can make people feel down if they haven't got someone. Spontaneous romance any other day is much better.
  • AntoniaK89
    Options
    I've got two dates that day, Cardio training in the morning and Strength training that evening. Then after all the huffing and puffing is over, I'll toast them both with a protein shake.

Now thats more like it lolz
  • lorro
    lorro Posts: 917 Member
    Options

Ladies, Valentines day is all about the mystery and excitement of what may be. We still have 6 whole days for Mr. Right to make an appearance. Who knows how many chance encounters of the life changing kind or secret admirers waiting in the wings there may be! :wink:

Not sure why the quote didn't stay a "quote" oops. While I like the positive attitude of your post...the reality is life is not like the movies... if I met a guy in the next 6 days and they got all fancy on me for V-Day...I'd be weirded out, cuz we just met. :laugh: Just sayin...

I do have someone in mind that I like, but at the moment we are just friends who've hung out a few times...not expecting to even see them on V-Day.

So I'm still apparently going to the gym. Which would be better for me than dinner and chocolates :bigsmile:

I see your point, to each her own. Personally I find life much more interesting and rewarding if lived as in the movies. Why not try it and see! :happy: Of course sometimes reality bites - bad timing, bad luck, the filler before the next Scene ..... Seriously, she who dares wins. Nothing good comes of low expectations when they are satisfied. I don't have a minimum allowable timescale for getting fancy on Mr. Right either. Yes that's got me in trouble before :blushing:
  • Massageu2
    Options
    I got the best Valentine's Day present ever a few years ago.....a DIVORCE! Yep in divorce court on V day. Not sure that the farce of a marriage could have ended any more perfectly. This year I will be celebrating with my dogs, at least they love me unconditionally.
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I've bought myself flowers for years - I enjoy flowers. Even when I was married, I had to buy my own. I don't miss him a bit, but I'd miss the flowers, so I keep buying them, lol.

Great idea, but there so pricey on V day!!! Maybe I will get them the week later!!!
  • BeesKnees181
    BeesKnees181 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    No Valentine, but I made it a point to send valentine's to friends and family this year. It felt nice to say I love you to my special people. My tradition (because normally I am single for this day): eat some really good chocolate, make myself a nice dinner and watch a comedy or see some live theatre. This year I will be doing yoga after my Tuesday night spin class :heart: