Dear...

Options

Replies

• christinal83
    christinal83 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Dear Gym Crush,

I love how you light up when I walk into the gym. It makes me feel special, something that I haven't felt in many years. You definitely make working out even more enjoyable. I also love the fact that you are so shy that you stumbled over saying hey to me the other day. At least I'm not the only one who feels like they are an awkward 14 year old. Please keep smiling at me, it makes my whole day. Maybe one day we will actually speak beyond saying hello.

Signed,
    Someone who is even shyer than you

This made me smile, I hope you 2 will get to talk in the future!

I need a gym crush!
  • christinal83
    christinal83 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Dear Lou (stray dog I've been trying to catch for 2 days)

I really wish you would trust me enough to get in my car. I realize you're probably still waiting for someone that dumped you but you are going to starve or get hit by a car.

Although I love all the time I'm spending sitting on a curb throwing food to you I would rather get you somewhere safe. Please give me a break when I go back this evening and follow the fried chicken into my car.

Sincerely,
    Crazy Dog Lady

Aww...thats great your trying to take him in, hope it works out!
  • Ireshgurl
    Options
    Dear teenage son of mine,
    There's a reason I gave you a cel phone and I pay the bill every month. It's called "communication". I know you live with your father and there's a time difference, but that's no reason you can't call and leave a message or a text. I miss you like crazy and haven't seen you in almost a year. Me texting/calling you is getting old. This is the only way we are able to communicate and it's very important to me as I've explained a few times already. Seriously. If you don't figure out how to use your phone I'll shut the damn thing off till you move down here with me in August.

Dear stupid customers at work,
    Just because I'm not standing DIRECTLY in front of the cash register does not mean I'm not working, it just means I'm productive. And seriously, I don't know the prices of every damn item in the freakin store, I just work at the register. And lastly, your at a military store.... you WILL be asked for ID and you won't get your shyt till I see it, which means, your friends who aren't military/dependents can't buy shyt either.
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    Dear Aiden, (my boyfriends 7 year old son)

Thank you for telling me that you think I'm beautiful no matter how much weight I lose. You're an amazing kid and you don't even know it. You have such a kind and loving heart. You see the world as a big place full of adventure and fast cars, I envy you sometimes, but I enjoy seeing you so excited when you learn something new. You're polite, responsible, chivalrous, intelligent, and most of all, you're special to me. I know you want a brother or a sister out of your dad and I, but truthfully, I am perfectly happy to only have you. I may not be your biological mom, but I'll come as close as I can. I love you Aiden.

Rawr (means I love you in dinosaur),
    Your Ashley

This made me tear up. :flowerforyou:
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    Dear girl I see coming out of class while waiting for my class,
    You, my dear, are absolutely beautiful. Possibly the most beautiful woman I have ever seen. You have perfect hair and gorgeous skin. I've always thought that Middle Eastern women were the most beautiful, and you affirmed that belief for me. Seriously, you're a hottie.

I may sound like a stalker, but I really do love to stare at you and admire your beauty.

Cheers to you for being so naturally beautiful. :flowerforyou:
  • theoriginaljayne
    theoriginaljayne Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Dear me,

Get your butt off MFP and do some flipping push-ups!

Sincerely, you read about other MFP-ers working out more often than you actually work out...
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    Options
    Dear Tina at 15,

You are not as fat as you think you are. You are not as dumb as you think you are. And no, you do not need someone else to tell you you're special -- someday you'll tell yourself that and mean it.

And you're stronger than you think you are. You've already been through a lot, and you're still compassionate and loving. You just have a lot of anger and hurt inside. But it's OK. You're not crazy -- your life has been crazy so far, and that would make anybody feel that way.

Hang on. Life gets better. You'll do a lot of crying and a lot of hard work on the way, but someday soon you'll be laughing, and you'll feel real joy, and you'll be with a good guy who truly loves you. And you'll have 2 kids who love you even more -- and no, you won't screw them up, because you've already learned the hard way how important love is to a kid.

You're beautiful, and I love you. Really.

Love,
    Tina at 42.

omg... I related to this so much (although I'm only 20) and it almost made me cry. The only reason I'm not crying right now is because I don't want to get my tears on my text book, but dammit, this is great.
  • xbabyblueyez21x
    Options
    Dear Bailey (my puppy),

Just because I'm laying on the floor exercising doesn't mean I want you to put your 100lbs of adorableness on top of me. I especially don't want you to go and get your toy and drop it directly on my tummy as I try and do crunches. Please entertain yourself with your toy until I am done and then I will cuddle with you.

Love,
    Mommy
  • TOYGRRRL
    TOYGRRRL Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Dear MPF friends:

You are trying to "lose" weight, not "loose" weight.

Best regards,
    Jim

:bigsmile: YES! THANK YOU! And don't forget... the proper use of "weight loss"

ie: Looking for tips for healthy weight loss.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    To shoppers in the grocery store:

I have a back injury. I can do short term shopping if I lean on a grocery cart, but if my shopping will take more than 15 minutes I use a riding cart. When I am shopping, please don’t get ahead of me then block my path. Please teach your children what “excuse me” means when they block my way and stand there and stare at me. Please don’t dart in front of me and expect me to stop on a dime when I know you see me coming. And, to the smart-*kitten* little punk who was showing off to his pal when he bent over, parted his *kitten* cheeks and farted in my face: Your mother would die if she knew how you disrespect others less fortunate than yourself. Not to worry, you will get yours. You may think you are big and bad to a disabled person, but there’s always someone bigger and badder waiting in your future.

From: The person who is so fed up with being disrespected, she tearily reported you to the store manager. (Too bad we couldn’t find you.)

(true story)
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    Options
    Dear eyebrow piercing,

I know I've been doing a lot of sweating and I haven't been washing you right afterwards, but please stop bleeding already. I'm trying to get into the habit of washing you right after I get home from the gym, but I'm human and sometime I can forget. You have to have a little patience, and I will get the habit down soon enough.

Sincerely,

I want to puke every time I see blood come from you.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Dear eyebrow piercing,

I know I've been doing a lot of sweating and I haven't been washing you right afterwards, but please stop bleeding already. I'm trying to get into the habit of washing you right after I get home from the gym, but I'm human and sometime I can forget. You have to have a little patience, and I will get the habit down soon enough.

Sincerely,

Trust me. That is a definite appetite suppressant. I think I will come back and re-read this post whenever I get hungry.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    Options
    Dear eyebrow piercing,

Sincerely,

Trust me. That is a definite appetite suppressant. I think I will come back and re-read this post whenever I get hungry.

Glad I could be of assistance.
  • clover5
    clover5 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Dear MPF friends:

You are trying to "lose" weight, not "loose" weight.

Best regards,
    Jim

God forbid someone makes a spelling mistake on your watch huh? Troll.

Am I the only one noticing the "MPF" here?
    Deliberate mistake or brilliant irony?

Now it's funny. Thanks Pal.
  • clover5
    clover5 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Dear Teenage boys,

PULL YOUR PANTS UP! For crying out loud your wearing them on your legs, and they're making your walk like you're carrying a load of crap.
    Options
    Dear Cat,

I realize it is EXTREMELY interesting that I am on the exercise bike but that doesn't mean you can try to rub on my feet while I'm going 15mph. Accidents happen my furry friend. Leave me alone!

She is just trying to help.
  • Gwenski
    Gwenski Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Dear self;
    It took you 15 years to put on that extra 150 pounds.. yes, that's 10 pounds a year.. see how it stacked up?
    Please be patient with yourself.. you can lose 10 pounds waaayyyy faster than in a year.. so you are miles ahead!
    Quit thinking that weight loss is a slow process.. you are doing awesome! Be proud!
    And while I'm at it..
    You worked two hours overtime today.. no small wonder you fell asleep tonight.. don't worry you can skip one night of the bike.. it's totally o.k. Your bike will be glad to see you tomorrow and the world WILL keep turning!
    Hugs.. Me.
    Options
    To shoppers in the grocery store:

I have a back injury. I can do short term shopping if I lean on a grocery cart, but if my shopping will take more than 15 minutes I use a riding cart. When I am shopping, please don’t get ahead of me then block my path. Please teach your children what “excuse me” means when they block my way and stand there and stare at me. Please don’t dart in front of me and expect me to stop on a dime when I know you see me coming. And, to the smart-*kitten* little punk who was showing off to his pal when he bent over, parted his *kitten* cheeks and farted in my face: Your mother would die if she knew how you disrespect others less fortunate than yourself. Not to worry, you will get yours. You may think you are big and bad to a disabled person, but there’s always someone bigger and badder waiting in your future.

From: The person who is so fed up with being disrespected, she tearily reported you to the store manager. (Too bad we couldn’t find you.)

(true story)

Maybe you could drink a lot of Coke before shopping. When kids get in your face you could burp on them.

My son has Down Syndrome. When he was about 3 we were shopping and it just happened that when we turned the corner a very, very old woman (hunched over) passed by and my son raised his hands and growled at her like a monster. When (of course) we met again at the other end she raised her hands and growled at him. He was scared and almost cried. I almost cried from laughing so hard. Plus, it was nice not to have the "disabled stare"
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    Options
    Dear Alex (my boyfriend)

I love you more than words can say. I know you're stressed out, and I know you have a lot on your mind but it will all be over soon. Words cannot express how proud of you I am. I feel like you don't hear that enough from your own family, so I try to tell you as much as possible how great you do. You make good grades, you're independent, and you're going to graduate soon. You're starting to get a van with modifications that you need and learning how to drive it, which is a big step for somebody in your situation. You're going to be getting your own apartment soon and getting your first job. I've already said this, but I'll say it again: This is a big step for somebody in your situation. You never let your disability get to you, you never used it as leverage over anybody else in order to get your way. You're strong, you're independent, you're brilliant. You're a great man, and I love you. I'm so happy to have you.

Sincerely,

Amanda
  • jonbobfrog
    Options
    Dear body,

Please start working correctly.

Thanks,
    Self