BLACK TEAM WEEK 6

Options

Replies

• Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! Its been a busy day and I stil have alot of clothes to go through. My son Alex and I are finally going through all the stuff we "shrank" out of and donating it all. Oh my just to think of the massive amount of clothes I have yet to go through:noway: Hello to all, and have a great night! Sorry I dont have time to respond to everything, but I did manage to get caught up on all the posts:happy: Talk to you guys in the morning!
    ~Roni
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! Its been a busy day and I stil have alot of clothes to go through. My son Alex and I are finally going through all the stuff we "shrank" out of and donating it all. Oh my just to think of the massive amount of clothes I have yet to go through:noway: Hello to all, and have a great night! Sorry I dont have time to respond to everything, but I did manage to get caught up on all the posts:happy: Talk to you guys in the morning!
    ~Roni

What a wonderful 'problem' you have there Roni:laugh: :laugh:
  • Vanessa414
    Vanessa414 Posts: 644
    Options
    hey all!

Was home from work today cleaning up diarrhea and vomit from a two year old all day :grumble: so I didn't get my salad in for lunch. In fact, I didn't get anything for lunch.

He seems alot better now and just ate a good dinner with no issues so far. We're watching Happy Feet. I :heart: this movie.

I read through all the posts but don't have much of a chance to respond. Haven't stepped on my scale yet, proud of myself for that. BF's birthday was yesterday and we got to spend some time together just us after Owen went to bed. It was nice.

Hope everyone is having a great day! I'll try to check in later. Need to get a good work out in today, haven't had one in a while. It's all rainy and stormy here and it makes me just want to curl up on the couch and watch movies.
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Evening all!

Everyone is kickin butt on this challenge eh?!

Marla-I hope everything works out with Grandma, you and yours are some wonderful folks.

Vanessa-I am glad you enjoyed the BF's birthday!

Janie-horse is B E A utiful!

Pretty proud of myself. I plan out my food for the day and usually don't have many challenges when it comes to sticking with it. TODAY I was challenged. We retail folks are often visited by local reasturants looking to get our lunch time business so while conducting a training in my Portmouth NH store we were visited by a nice lady from the Texas Road House that just openened down the road. She wanted to let us know that they were open and thought she would drop off a GIGANTIC PLATTER OF STEAMING HOT FINGER LICKING BBQ RIBS. I enjoyed the smell very much but did not eat a single dang rib. lol Sheesh, why must the world challenge me so.

lol
    :drinker:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Evening all!

Marla-I hope everything works out with Grandma, you and yours are some wonderful folks.

Pretty proud of myself. I plan out my food for the day and usually don't have many challenges when it comes to sticking with it. TODAY I was challenged. We retail folks are often visited by local reasturants looking to get our lunch time business so while conducting a training in my Portmouth NH store we were visited by a nice lady from the Texas Road House that just openened down the road. She wanted to let us know that they were open and thought she would drop off a GIGANTIC PLATTER OF STEAMING HOT FINGER LICKING BBQ RIBS. I enjoyed the smell very much but did not eat a single dang rib. lol Sheesh, why must the world challenge me so.

lol

Oh my gosh, batman-- I am sooooo impressed--

you are DEFINITELY da MANNNNNNNNNNNNN--

I miss you-- hope all is well--

JUST HAD AN AWESOME RUNNNNNNNN-- 42 minutes, all by myself-- positively glorious. I've never run that long. So soothing-- so relaxing-- I can't believe I'm saying this--

I love my team-- you bring me so much inspiration and joy-- you are the best.

Nytol--
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Quick tag to show picture of my new horse :happy: (that I can't ride:grumble: )

BBL
    th_DSC00366.jpg

Beautiful, Janie
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Evening all!

lol

That's just cruel...but way to stay strong! I don't know if I would be able to pass that up.
  • Thin4payton
    Thin4payton Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Morning all! so dissapointed this morning that my coffee tastes like soap! Yuck! Oh well. My scale is finally being my friend and I am back to my starting wieght when I joined the Black team!! Woo Hooo!!:bigsmile: My hubby, daughter, and I went on a 3.5 mi bick ride last night and I'm glad we did it then because they are calling for thunderstorms for the next 2 days. Gonna be doing my workouts inside for a while! I can't wait till next week to see if my scale still wants to be my friend!

Oh yeah, and did you know that there are muscles under the fat in my legs??? I thought that dissapeared a LONG time ago, but they made a rare appearance last night!! Hope they stay around for a while!! :laugh: Ok, back to work. Have a great day everyone!!
    Jenni
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,759 Member
    Options
    Morning all.

Jenni- leg muscles do appear. I never had them in my entire life so it's exciting to see them.

Marla- glad you had a good run, I only wish I could last that long. I have to talk myself through every minute of the 20 that I get in. I still don't think I've embraced running as enjoyable, I do it to burn, burn, baby burn.

Vanessa- hope little guy is feeling better.

Andrew- just the mention of Texas Roadhouse. Oh yum. Way to hang strong. That is a form of torture you know.

Janie- very nice looking horse, I'm sure you will spend lots of time together, just b patient and get yourself fixed up first.

Jeannie- exactly where is your scale right now? Like talking myself through running, I'm talking myself through not getting on the scale right now because I really really want to.

I'm headed to the gym, stupid goal I set for myself. Seemed like such a good idea at the time. Now I know I'm an idiot. :laugh: :drinker: Cheers to imposing stupid goals on oneself.
  • Supagurl
    Supagurl Posts: 75
    Options
    UGH!!!!!!!!!! had a whole long post typed out and lost it.....AAAAAHHHHHH! :sad: :sad: :laugh: :laugh: if at first you don't succeed....try try again???!!?:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

Lori-hope you have a great workout this morning! You will meet your goal so keep on going girl!

Andrew-We all know it's so hard to pass up on the foods we really love.

April-I do that all the time and get so mad and eventually give up on typing much of anything. Dang computers!

Vanessa-I hope your son feels better today and you can get something fun in other than cleaning nastys up! You poor girl!

Janie-Your horse is pretty. I wish I could have learned to ride one but never got the chance. My 4 year old daughter says when she grows up she is gonna ride one. We don't have one so I don't know where she will ride one at tho. Lol! Kids come up with all kinds of stuff.

Jenni-sounds like you had a great ride! I bought a speedometer for my bike but I only bought it for the mileage but hubby still hasn't put it on yet. I never know how far I have riden. It's just around the house a million times since our 4 year old rides with us.

I hope everyone else has a great day. Hubby wants to ride bikes today but it is supposed to be over 100 with the heat index and all. Yay! At least it isn't raining! Thank God! And the scale was being super nice this morning. Kind of scary huh?
  • Supagurl
    Options
    ok...sorry bout that...severe thunderstorms going on here....lost my connection for a bit

i want to apologize if it seemed like i was b!@#$%* about the 'only' 3 lbs....i didn't mean it to sound that way...i'm so sorry:frown: that's 3 lbs in a month and just getting frustrated.....want to see that ticker moving faster so i can nail down my last few lbs :wink: :sad: :bigsmile:
    MARLA-congrats to your son...he looks alot like you, what a sweet picture
    JEANNIE- no donuts...so far...and i've even been to the store and walked right by those lil' sweet devils!
    ANDREW- omg...you have more willpower than me...I :heart: RIBS...congrats on passin em up
    BEANSY- hope you are doing well:smile:
    JANIE- beautiful horsie...i love horses
    SHAUNTAE- is June 28th when your running?
    JENNI- i hear ya on the leg muscle thing....and did you know...we also have bones in our behinds...who knew?!? :laugh: :laugh: i just assumed i only had fat in my bottom lol
    LORI- can't wait to see the big 5-0 on your ticker....you can do it!!!!!
    SAM- hope your doing good and having a good week so far
    RENAE- we just recently moved out of my parents house (my mom had cancer and we lost my in-laws, the hubs first cousin in Iraq all in a short time frame, so we moved in to help and recover) anyways....my mom fries EVERYTHING! ask my sis...i think alot of it is habit...like she's an "old"( don't take that wrong Marla, not calling my mom old lol) school cook...i think it's more out of habit and that's how they were taught because the grandparents used lard, real butter, oils to cook with cuz that's all they had....that's my theory anyway...but i LOVE fried food so it was very hard for me to eat healthy when we lived there...and not hurt my mom's feelings...so i understand how ya feel:smile:
    LYNNIE- i talk to you everyday..so not much to say to you..other than I LOVE YOU and thank the good Lord everyday that i get to be your sissy-poo:heart::heart: :bigsmile: :heart: :heart:

OH....if anyone wants to mail their scales to me.....i'll happily scale-sit for ya!!!:tongue::bigsmile: :laugh: :wink:
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,759 Member
    Options
    April- that just happened to me yesterday morning. So annoying. I never get it all back in the second time around either.

You biker chicks- ouch. I've been running 2 miles at least 4 days a week for several months, I do the elliptical. I got on the bike Wednesday at the gym and rode 3 miles. My legs were screaming. My hips were sore. Interesting! Gotta start doing it more to work those muscles I have not been working. Plus my hubs wants to take our bikes out and go moutain biking on the trails around the AF base. I'd better get used to the pedaling stuff or I'll be hurting.

Also, I've been having some foot issues, I think it's the tendon on the top of my foot. I've been running through the hurt but the bike felt oh so good on the foot. Much to DH's dismay (I love me some sneakers) I told him I think I need new ones. LOL Mine were expensive and I've had them about 5 or 6 months. They still look in great shape, but I only wear them to the gym. If nothing else it's a good reason to get new ones? Right?
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Lori-I still haven't been running. Since we broke the bikes out hubby wants to do that instead of running. I just don't want to get in a rut and hate some kind of exercising we are doing. I like to change things up some. I would love to be running a few miles or heck even one right now. I used to do good when we were in school and had to run those miles.

April-I'm glad to know my family isn't the only one that fries EVERYTHING! Lol!! And yes it is soooo good and I love it too. When I lived here before (when my hubby and I separated) I was going to the gym frequently and she of course still fried everything but she also worked 3rd shift so she didn't cook as much. Now she is home all the time and has more time to "FRY" more! But last night I cooked chicken casserole....not too bad I don't think. I gotta figure out the calories for that one still. Need to remember the website where you add the ingredients and it gives you the calorie counts. And I think today I am putting a roast in the crock pot. My dad is old fashioned when it comes to his foods. His mom cooked everything from scratch and you know how fattening most of that is! But oh so good!
    And I would mail you my scale but I would have withdrawals and probably go buy another one!

Btw, Lori I meant to tell you my hubby works with my tattoo artist's mom, and she said the other day Robbie (tattoo guy) and his family went on a 15 mile bike trail. And he rode the whole thing on a unicycle! With NO problems! Thought you would like that.
  • Supagurl
    Options
    Lori-I still haven't been running. Since we broke the bikes out hubby wants to do that instead of running. I just don't want to get in a rut and hate some kind of exercising we are doing. I like to change things up some. I would love to be running a few miles or heck even one right now. I used to do good when we were in school and had to run those miles.

April-I'm glad to know my family isn't the only one that fries EVERYTHING! Lol!! And yes it is soooo good and I love it too. When I lived here before (when my hubby and I separated) I was going to the gym frequently and she of course still fried everything but she also worked 3rd shift so she didn't cook as much. Now she is home all the time and has more time to "FRY" more! But last night I cooked chicken casserole....not too bad I don't think. I gotta figure out the calories for that one still. Need to remember the website where you add the ingredients and it gives you the calorie counts. And I think today I am putting a roast in the crock pot. My dad is old fashioned when it comes to his foods. His mom cooked everything from scratch and you know how fattening most of that is! But oh so good!
    And I would mail you my scale but I would have withdrawals and probably go buy another one!

Btw, Lori I meant to tell you my hubby works with my tattoo artist's mom, and she said the other day Robbie (tattoo guy) and his family went on a 15 mile bike trail. And he rode the whole thing on a unicycle! With NO problems! Thought you would like that.
    My dad is old fashioned too!!!!! my whole huge big family on my dad's side always makes homemade pies, cakes, cookies, etc from scratch and they can veggies and stuff lol...my great grandma had like 14 kids i think...and they had to ration out food, plant gardens, can, buy the cheapest things they could so they would have enough to go around...alot of my great uncles have passed away before they got to age 65 or so...they have diabetes, hardening of the arteries, aneurisms(not sure spelled right lol) just alot of general health issues....we think maybe alot of them were due to not being able to eat the right way and healthy when they were growing up...i know grandma used to say that sometimes they would eat lard sandwiches and some fried veggies for supper because that's all they had.....omg i love roast...i found a really good recipe for pot roast....you use parsnips or turnips instead of potatos, and yogurt to make gravy with...it's low-cal and yummy!!!! lol
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,938 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Team! Staying true to my promise this week, I was pleased, supportive and thankful for the pair of pants and the skirt, in a size 6, that fit last night. I did not rail on myself because one pair of 6's and the medium suit I bought were too snug. I'm returning the pants for good and I'm going to proudly exchange the suit for a large if they have it. No worries. Doesn't change the fact that I've lost more than 20lbs.
  • SatelliteCrush80
    Options
    To springboard off of last week, I am going to be positive about my first real temptation of sweets thus far. There is a box of giant muffins sitting behind me, and I think that churros are the dessert for our lunch today. I am stronger than the sweets even though I am really hungry! :grumble:

BTW, Good morning all.

April- Yes, June 28 is the day for my 5K. Not nervous anymore, just excited!
  • SatelliteCrush80
    Options
    Good Morning Team! Staying true to my promise this week, I was pleased, supportive and thankful for the pair of pants and the skirt, in a size 6, that fit last night. I did not rail on myself because one pair of 6's and the medium suit I bought were too snug. I'm returning the pants for good and I'm going to proudly exchange the suit for a large if they have it. No worries. Doesn't change the fact that I've lost more than 20lbs.

Way to go, I am working on getting over that too. No idea why it scares me so, it's not like somebody else knows what size I am trying on unless I tell them!
  • annaliza
    annaliza Posts: 809
    Options
    Good morning team!!! (I've posted this in my runners and 40's forum so please forgive me if you read this again - I'm just so excited about it).

In my town we are having a Folk Festival where they have all kinds of yummy fair foods, booths, and groups of folk musicians everywhere. It's a wonderful sight to see/hear. And a good time to see friends who only show up once a year for the festival.

So yesterday I ran the 3.5 miles to the festival (from my house) to meet my husband, ran another mile to my mother in laws, picked up the kids, walked another mile back with them (with my son on my shoulders) and burned a total of 1000 calories!!

Which was my plan because I cannot resist those ribbon potatoes But ohhh, the salt!!! I probably get bloated from it.

This weeks challenge is great...except I don't want to give anything up :tongue: so...I guess no splenda for me this week (my hardest thing in the world to give up).

Hope everyone has a great day!!!
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

Ok, I admit I put off going through clothes last night. We rented Gran Torino with Clint Eastwood instead and I watched part of it and ended up falling asleep:ohwell: I never seem to be able to stay awake long enough in the evenings to get through a movie! It was looking like a good movie too. Oh well, I will try and watch it again later.

Today is supposed to be thunderstorms all day, so maybe I will finally get those clothes gone through?:laugh:

Hope you all have a great Friday:flowerforyou:

Vanessa, I hope your little guy gets up feeling much better today:heart: