GIrl, please; are bikini pics really the best display of a "

Options

Replies

• jennmartin82
    Options
    Considering how self-conscious I have been pretty much my whole teenage/adult life when it came to even wearing a bathing suit going swimming, if (when :wink: ) i get to a size i am confident with then damn right i'd be showing it off.

mainly to show to everyone thats ever called me fat haha. :wink:

<3 this!
  • danibabs
    danibabs Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I'm a born and raised Florida girl and I have never seen anything wrong with bikinis, tanks, short shorts, or sports bras while running. It's hot and why not take advantage of the free sunlight to tan your skin?

My body is not a special gift to be unwrappedy for my husband. My body is MINE and I love it. I let it breath! My husband can wear a speedo to the beach if he wants. I really don't care.

As far at the bikini's post, this is a fitness site about creating healthy bodies. Why not photograph that journey?

I agree with alot of these responses but especially this. My body belongs to me, not my boyfriend. I don't wear sweats to work (I could - no dress code) just cause I'm not gonna be around him. I put on make up and dress nice and work out for myself, cause I love my body. He's the person that I choose to share it with and therefore gets special privileges ;)
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    Everyone commenting about "flaunting" or "being sexy" or "when I have the body" totally missed the point of the bikini thread! It's about being confident enough to say "You know what, this is who I am. I may not be perfect, but I'm okay with me regardless of society's expectations, and I'm here to get even better."
  • abrn93
    abrn93 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I grew up in Europe..and we wear much less than bikinis. :wink: I say if it makes you happy DO IT!
  • SoulNeedsBeauty
    SoulNeedsBeauty Posts: 154 Member
    Options

Personally (and yes, this is my OPINION) I prefer to keep some parts of my body a secret for only my husband to unwrap. I don't wear a bikini. I don't wear a sports bra without a shirt over it.

so if you wre to go to the beach you would be wrapped up?

a different question is whether people who post pics in a bikini really have their confidence, or post pic to raise their confidence. I personally don't have anything against bikinis, but i wouldn't post a pic coz I already have my confidence, i don't need anyone else to help me with that.
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    welcome to the free world,

421952_319430934760138_279847832051782_771010_1088716618_n.jpg

when i get to goal if i wanna post here with nipple tassles and a thong im'a do it. so there.

^^^^HELL YEAH!!

Check, plus. Also, I plan to walk backwards into every room I enter. Carrying a boom box. Playing Trina's "Pull Over...". Y'all ain't ready.
  • Hj723
    Hj723 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I love seeing bikini pics on large med and small woman, it gives me motivation. Keep posting the pics ladies you've worked hard, and you should feel proud to show it off!

THIS!!!! Thanks ladies!
  • kittyneutron
    kittyneutron Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Every day I work on loving my body and respecting my body, even though it has not looked the way I might choose. I don't personally have any need to share bikini pics but I have no problem with people who do. If it makes them feel good or strong or accomplished I am all for it. If you don't like it, no need to click on it :)
  • ctsenos
    Options
    So what was the point of this post? To state your opinion? To justify what you do in your own home? Im a little lost.

I must agree with this........
  • keesh1123
    keesh1123 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    This is like saying, " Is it really necessary for underwear models to wear underwear ONLY?" SMH.

Although I "probably" wouldn't post any online myself for my own personal reasons, I have found great inspiration by viewing other women's on this "fitness site".

I have seen REAL mothers of 4 and 5 children with flat tummies after much hard work and it motivates the heck out of me. If they can do it, as a mother of three, I can too! I wouldn't BELIEVE it without SEEING it.

When done appropriately and to help others, I think the sacrifice can be worth it.
  • hojo94
    hojo94 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I see nothing wrong with it at all. And no, that's not my "I'm a guy and like looking at hot girls in bikinis" side saying that (although that side of me DEFINITELY exists). That's just my honest opinion. If someone works hard to make their body the way they want it to be, then they shouldn't have any reservations about showing it off.

And as far as keeping some things private for your hubby to see...what are we talking about here? Belly? Shoulders? Kneecaps? All the important stuff is covered in a bikini.

I mean, this isn't My Amish Fitness Pal, after all...

LOVE THIS!!!
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I think body confidence is hugely under-rated.

However; is it really confidence that leads a woman to feel she needs to display her nearly naked body for comment?

Personally (and yes, this is my OPINION) I prefer to keep some parts of my body a secret for only my husband to unwrap. I don't wear a bikini. I don't wear a sports bra without a shirt over it. I don't wear "ta-da!" shorts. Or any number of the myriad of revealing clothes that I've been told I should aspire to wear. I don't let my daughter wear them either.

Thoughts....

Yes it is confidence that leads a woman to posting a picture of her nearly naked body on the internet, is it attention seeking? For some I really think it is, for others (like on MissKortnay's thread - sorry if I spelled the name wrong!) no I really dont think it is. I honestly think threads that show real women (not photoshopped advertisements) are great, they help other woman learn body acceptance, which personally is a very important part of life. Not only that BUT there were women on there who I know struggle with self-esteem issues posting photos of themselves on a public forum, that is a huge step for them. Some of these women have worked damn hard to get where they are and it does show that some of us who have a long way to go that if they put the time and effort in, it is worth it.

Now I do not know you or your beliefs or anything like that but you kinda sound like a prude. just out of curiosity...Do you go to the beach and judge people in Bikinis, or swimsuits in general because a 1 piece swim suit is JUST as revealing as a bikini.. sure you don't see skin, but you still see a whole lot more than you would in sweats and a t-shirt.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    :noway: :noway: :noway:
  • 1sweetpea70
    1sweetpea70 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Im 41 and my goal is to be able to confidently wear a bikini this summer. I have a drawer full of em. I also love shorts. Maybe not the *kitten* huggers favored by the younger and thinner girls, but, if im gonna work hard on my body, im gonna show it off. My boyfriend supports me and i feel if you've got the body, show it off!!
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    I don't wear a bikini. My wife might find it really awkward if we went to the beach and I stripped down into a bikini.

JM
  • AceyFaceX
    Options
    Everyone is free to make their own clothing choices. It's lovely.
  • jnance82
    jnance82 Posts: 149
    Options
    Wear what you want, doesn't matter to me. I do find that clothing needs to be appropriate for the activity. Take vigilante crime fighting, for example:
    fat-batman-04.jpg

LLS!!!!!!!

10502719.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • texastumbleweed1
    Options
    Amen!!!!!! Love the comment dont like dont look.
  • hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    I like my body and I'm not even at my goal...so what if I take bikini shots and workout in a sports bra ....shoot by this summer, I may just walk around naked :tongue:
  • firstnamekaren
    firstnamekaren Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    This might be wrong, but I detect a strong snarkiness in the original post.

YES it is confidence to display your healthy body that you've worked hard to get. If you're on MFP, you're (likely) doing it the healthy way, you've been unhappy with the way you look and you've FINALLY ACHIEVED something you're proud of. Yeah, I'd call that self-confidence. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH BEING PROUD OF YOUR BODY.

You've got all these people out there telling you "Hey you need to lose weight. Be thin. Fit into *this* group of people. Look like this".

And then when you've change, you've got a whole NEW group of people saying, "You don't need to broadcast that you've changed. We asked you to, but don't brag. Don't be proud". What a crock!