BLACK TEAM WEEK 6

Options

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    April, gurl.........I am so proud of you on the doughnut front!! It will get easier and before you know it you wont want one!!

Looking good beautiful!!:flowerforyou:

Yep-- I tell people I eat anything I want-- it's just that my "wanter" has changed--

Yours will too, after this week-- bravo, my good April.

They have been bringing in large boxes of doughnuts every day at work. A coworker who is morbidly obese made a comment that I must be having a hard time saying no. I explained that I no longer want it so it was not hard. She said it must be nice to be that way, but if the company is buying she is eating it. I didnt say a word.

Don't you just love that? I work with girls who occasionally comment about when I skip the cake/donuts/leftovers from meetings (I usually skip but sometimes have a small portion), but gorge on it themselves and complain about gaining weight. Well, duh.
    kills me. I also hate when ppl apologize for their lunch. If that was all it took, I would not have lost weight. I dont CARE what you eat, really truly I do not. I love you-period.
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Evening folks!

As usual a quiet batman=a batman out of town. Glad to be home tonight though and glad to be catching up!

Shuntae-Buy the dress, you totally deserve it. I myself will be rewarding myself with a custom taylored suit when I reach my goal. You'll look great and it's an investment in the new you!

Vanessa-Sorry little O is still sick. Poor baby. I hate when my litte guys get sick. Lots of mommy kisses will make him better.

Bobbi- Grats on the first 5k! I'm proud to be your pal. I hope the knee gets better. But I am most proud that you didnt use the knee as an excuse to skip it. I have my first one tommorow morning and gotta tell ya I am a bit nervous about the whole thing. lol It's supposed to rain too so it will most likely be a soggy experience. lol!

Marla- NICE SHIRT! Grats on fitting into it! It's marvelous =)

Lori-Your doing awesome!

Sam-Your in the grove boss! You'll be ready for vaca in no time!

To everyone else, your doing a great job! I gotta head to the gym for a quick workout with plenty of stretching to get ready for tommorow! lol

:flowerforyou:

Happy Fathers Day you sweet dad, hubby and friend on the boards!! Kisses and hugz to you!
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    April, gurl.........I am so proud of you on the doughnut front!! It will get easier and before you know it you wont want one!!

Looking good beautiful!!:flowerforyou:

Yep-- I tell people I eat anything I want-- it's just that my "wanter" has changed--

Yours will too, after this week-- bravo, my good April.

They have been bringing in large boxes of doughnuts every day at work. A coworker who is morbidly obese made a comment that I must be having a hard time saying no. I explained that I no longer want it so it was not hard. She said it must be nice to be that way, but if the company is buying she is eating it. I didnt say a word.

Don't you just love that? I work with girls who occasionally comment about when I skip the cake/donuts/leftovers from meetings (I usually skip but sometimes have a small portion), but gorge on it themselves and complain about gaining weight. Well, duh.
    kills me. I also hate when ppl apologize for their lunch. If that was all it took, I would not have lost weight. I dont CARE what you eat, really truly I do not. I love you-period.

Amen, sista friend!
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,759 Member
    Options
    Catching up here quick.

Jeannie- I missed all your hoochie/dolphin fun while watching a movie. Oh well.

Andrew- great luck tomorrow, you'll do fine and think of the crew waiting at the end cheering you on.

Marla- for sure find out if there are other meds. If it makes you tired then that is a valid reason to want to try something else. You already know you don't have a choice. BP is not something to mess with. You have to stay healthy for all those kids. I took cozaar for high BP since I was 31, I stopped taking it after xmas cause I don't need it any more. I had virtually no side effects from it though, so there are some out there, look til you find one. Talk to your doctor. There are alternatives.

April- good job avoiding donuts, soon you'll not be able to remember how much you love them.

I'm sure there is more, but I can't seem to remember any of it. Grrr. Good night all!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    000203E1.gif

000203BA.gif
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    speaking of donuts-- :embarassed:

I wanted one-- so I had one.

Entenmann's products were on sale, so I bought some "for the kids.' Those chocolate do-hickies looked good--

So, I figured-- eh, WTH-- it was yummy.

Dave isn't here to yell at me-- ha ha--
  • Marla64
    Options
    I'll look into the other medicines and see what's up--

Worst part is the water retention-- eyelids, earlobes, ankles-- I go up a whole size in a week.

Not fun--

Have a good night all.
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Jeanie-I had missed the dolphin and hoochie girl too but now you reposted them. Haha! Very funny and who knows what they are hunching.

Marla-I hope they get you some meds that will help with all that. I am happy that you got some great runs in this week. That has to make you feel really good!

Sam-sorry about the confusion. I must have looked at the photo really quick and it just didn't click for me. I was in a hurry baking 2 different cakes this morning. One for a family cookout and one for my mom to take to the place they go every week. Sorry again!

Andrew-Good luck on your 5K!! You will do awesome! And HAPPY FATHER'S DAY TO YOU!!

April-way to go on the no Donuts challenge. You are doing awesome!!

Bobbi-Sorry for the confusion lady! Congrats on your 5K!! That's a great pic of you too! Great job!

Vanessa-Sorry your boy is still sick. I hate it when my baby is sick.....makes me just feel so bad for her.

Well I messed up on the challenge today. Mine was no soft drinks and no candy. Still haven't had any candy but I did have a soft drink. I took water to the cookout so I would have something to drink. Then hubby got some tea and gave me some. Then he went back and got coke and I told him NO! Then we went down the his family's lake to go fishing and had nothing to drink and his aunt went to the house and got something and we were so thirsty so I had to drink the soft drink. Uugghh!!! But I am back to no soft drinks again now. I thought I would go ahead and put my confession out there so ya'll could slap me one good time! Hope you are all well and having a great night!

And for everyone that I missed, I hope you had a great Saturday and have a great Sunday and Father's Day too!
  • Supagurl
    Supagurl Posts: 75
    Options

Entenmann's products were on sale, so I bought some "for the kids.' Those chocolate do-hickies looked good--

OMG.......U ATE A DONUT????....eeewwww describe what it tasted like....in detail....lol....no i'm ok...it's ok......:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,759 Member
    Options
    Good morning team. I met my 5,000 caloire burn goal yesterday. It felt so good. I'm taking today off. Here's what it looked like:

Monday: 1146 calories- Ran/walked 3 miles, 6 miles on the elliptical and lifted (shoulders)
    Tuesday: 1216 calories- Ran/walked 3 miles, elliptical 3 miles and lifted (legs)
    Wednesday: 777 calries- Ran/walked 2 miles, bike 3 miles, elliptical 3 miles, lifted (chest and triceps)
    Thursday: rested
    Friday: 1160- Ran/Walked 3 miles, bike 5 miles, 3 miles elliptical, lifted (back and biceps)
    Saturday: 874- Ran 2 miles, walked 4

My heart rate monitor says a total of 5,173 calories for a total workout time of 10 hours.

It feels good to have met the goal I set for myself. I realized a few things in the process. It's good to work out, it's good to push yourself, but you have to listen to your body. I'm not saying I'll never hit 5,000 or more caloroes burned in a week again, I just know that I have to fuel myself properly, listen when I need a break and respect what my body can do.

So with that said, I want to thank my body for cooperating with me this week. I also want to promise my foot I will do lower impact stuff this week, not so much running and walking and give it a chance to feel better.
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    Happy Father's Day Andrew!! Good Luck on that run!!
  • arewethereyet
    Options

OMG.......U ATE A DONUT????....eeewwww describe what it tasted like....in detail....lol....no i'm ok...it's ok......:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    April honey.........you must look away..........there is only carnage and bits of the fluffy doughnut splattered on the table.......oh the humanity:cry::cry: :brokenheart: :cry: :cry:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Good morning team. I met my 5,000 caloire burn goal yesterday. It felt so good. I'm taking today off. Here's what it looked like:

Monday: 1146 calories- Ran/walked 3 miles, 6 miles on the elliptical and lifted (shoulders)
    Tuesday: 1216 calories- Ran/walked 3 miles, elliptical 3 miles and lifted (legs)
    Wednesday: 777 calries- Ran/walked 2 miles, bike 3 miles, elliptical 3 miles, lifted (chest and triceps)
    Thursday: rested
    Friday: 1160- Ran/Walked 3 miles, bike 5 miles, 3 miles elliptical, lifted (back and biceps)
    Saturday: 874- Ran 2 miles, walked 4

My heart rate monitor says a total of 5,173 calories for a total workout time of 10 hours.

It feels good to have met the goal I set for myself. I realized a few things in the process. It's good to work out, it's good to push yourself, but you have to listen to your body. I'm not saying I'll never hit 5,000 or more caloroes burned in a week again, I just know that I have to fuel myself properly, listen when I need a break and respect what my body can do.

So with that said, I want to thank my body for cooperating with me this week. I also want to promise my foot I will do lower impact stuff this week, not so much running and walking and give it a chance to feel better.

Man that is awesome Lori!! cant wait to see what the scale says!!:flowerforyou:
    I am so proud of you for sticking with it for the full week!:flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Andrew!! Happy Fathers Day!!

Have a nice run!!

Now did you EVER think you would spend your holiday running and LIKE it???

Wow!! :glasses:
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    Wow-- I am so bloomin' tired I can't see straight-- hello my beloved team.

We're getting a good test of what life will be like if my mother-in-law comes to live with us, and it will certainly tax us. We're in a very rare situation-- teens graduating high school, toddlers cutting teeth and elderly parents needing around the clock care. These are the times that try mens souls, my friends-- I pray that I am found worthy when all is said and done.

This day found us on the go from the moment we awoke. Shopping for graduation dinner barbeque goodies, cake baking, fruit salad making, macaroni salad prepping-- the house was abuzz. Plus we need to assign one body to Caleb and one to grandma at all times. Interesting stuff.

The graduation was lovely. Had to be moved indoors-- bit rainy. Thankfully I was able to get grandma a seat, but oh my poor piggies-- three students families had to pick up posthumous diplomas for their deceased children-- heartbreaking-- we are blessed my friends. Nobody needs the reminder more than yours truly--

Dragging my weary behind to bed-- don't know when I'll get my typing done, but it can't be done tonight.

Hug your babies, kiss your spouse-- trials be damned-- we're blessed, folks.

thanks for the reminder. i was just thinking how lucky i am this am--yes, annoyed as all get out that dog won't be quiet and must get up at 5 AM, BUT--wow, my hearing works, and my legs work, and we have $ for dog food etc, and the weather is great, and my vision allows me to see the changing morning light and and and
    you're right marla--so much to be grateful for, both big and small.
    congrats to the graduates, btw. and wow--you are churning up the wt loss! :heart:
  • Marla64
    Options
    Wow-- I am so bloomin' tired I can't see straight-- hello my beloved team.

We're getting a good test of what life will be like if my mother-in-law comes to live with us, and it will certainly tax us. We're in a very rare situation-- teens graduating high school, toddlers cutting teeth and elderly parents needing around the clock care. These are the times that try mens souls, my friends-- I pray that I am found worthy when all is said and done.

This day found us on the go from the moment we awoke. Shopping for graduation dinner barbeque goodies, cake baking, fruit salad making, macaroni salad prepping-- the house was abuzz. Plus we need to assign one body to Caleb and one to grandma at all times. Interesting stuff.

The graduation was lovely. Had to be moved indoors-- bit rainy. Thankfully I was able to get grandma a seat, but oh my poor piggies-- three students families had to pick up posthumous diplomas for their deceased children-- heartbreaking-- we are blessed my friends. Nobody needs the reminder more than yours truly--

Dragging my weary behind to bed-- don't know when I'll get my typing done, but it can't be done tonight.

Hug your babies, kiss your spouse-- trials be damned-- we're blessed, folks.

thanks for the reminder. i was just thinking how lucky i am this am--yes, annoyed as all get out that dog won't be quiet and must get up at 5 AM, BUT--wow, my hearing works, and my legs work, and we have $ for dog food etc, and the weather is great, and my vision allows me to see the changing morning light and and and
    you're right marla--so much to be grateful for, both big and small.
    congrats to the graduates, btw. and wow--you are churning up the wt loss! :heart:

Hi Stacey!! Glad you came on in--

Thanks for the kind words-- I remind myself publicly often of the things I forget all too quickly in the darker times, when I'm weary and prone to whining-- times are tougher than ever....but I didn't have to pick up a posthumous diploma for a deceased child-- all in all, I got it good. Perspective is a wonderful thing.

April-- chocolate coated, chocolate inside-- plus I had a brownie-- and some doritos-- did wayyy too much nibbling last night, and didn't run. But, I enjoyed every bite, and will run today.

I took my blood pressure medicine last night before bed. My eyes are poking out between puffy bags of blech, so I have little choice. Fudgesicles-- :grumble:

RUN, ANDREW, RUN-- and happy Father's Day, my friend--

And last-- hey guys-- Andrew's mother, Sandra, is my new friend on Facebook. She's a hoot, just like Batman-- sweet lady.

Have a great day--
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    Off for my bike ride pray for me that I make it home! 106 degrees out with the heat index!!:noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Off for my bike ride pray for me that I make it home! 106 degrees out with the heat index!!:noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:

HYDRATE!!!!!!!! It is a stinker out there today:glasses:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Andrew........
    000202DC.gif
  • Marla64
    Options
    Andrew........
    000202DC.gif

Oh, I've been crying since I saw his video and pictures-- I love you all so bloomin' much--