I'M JUICE FASTING SO THAT I WONT BE FAT, SICK, AND NEARLY DE

Options
12345679»

Replies

• KIMBERLYJADE1968
    Options
    Sure you will lose weight , you are starving yourself. So what do you think will happen when you start eating regular food again? Your going to gain and gain fast. You will regret this bad habit in the long run. Good luck and I hope you don't end up in the hospital.
  • AmandaBroun
    Options
    LOL I love health documentaries. My in-laws saw one just before the holidays that made them decide to go vegan cold turkey, so they brought us all of the meat and cheese in their fridge.

Mil sure was sad a week and a half later when they fell off the wagon and I'd already eaten all her specialty goat cheese.
  • MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Her concern is valid since none of us are experts in the field or nutritionists.

Actually - some of us are.
  • KatiD83
    KatiD83 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I LIKE APPLE JUICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love orange juice!!! LoL
  • ncole3
    ncole3 Posts: 164
    Options
    Sure you will lose weight , you are starving yourself. So what do you think will happen when you start eating regular food again? Your going to gain and gain fast. You will regret this bad habit in the long run. Good luck and I hope you don't end up in the hospital.

Some opinions on your choice are way too abrasive, but they are opinions. I personally think giving your digestive system a break like we do everything else is not a bad idea. I love Dr. Fuhrman and his approach to health. Please just be careful with what you eat and drink after the fast. We all have to remember that any changes we choose to partake in may not be well received, but hey....It's your choice. Good luck on your journey!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    When I can juice a bowl of pasta then I am down for it...until then, I have spinach tortelini on the menu tonight and I am not missing out on that!

I think a bowl of 'juiced' pasta is called paste. In the case of your dinner tonight, that's green paste.

My daughter had a bad bike wreck when she was younger and her jaw was so sore that for a week or so she could not eat solid foods. She was so miserable that one night I put spaghetti in the blender for her. It looked just like canned dog food, but she said it tasted like spaghetti and asked for seconds.
  • JVanDam77
    Options
    :happy: I think it's so cool that people have INBOXED:bigsmile: me on information regarding JUICE FASTING!!! WOOOOHOOOO, WANTED TO SHARE THAT.:tongue:

P.S. I did NOT put anyone on blast, I just understand that they don't want to be criticized :frown: for their interest, and all the mean people say, AMEN.:tongue: ok just kidding, relax!:wink:

I don't know everything, learning is a never ending process, but I never encourage anyone to Juice fast for that long, if anyone truly read my topic they would know I didn't even do it for that long, but I definitely encourage people to incorporate it into their daily lives, this way you get all the fruit and veggie intake your body needs everyday!!! WOOT WOOT! Waiting for all the scientist, bioligist, nutritionist, dieticians, doctors to comment.:wink::heart:

LOVE THIS! You have a great, sarcastic, got with the flow sense of humor. Do what works for YOU girl! Best of luck!
  • annie841982
    annie841982 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    what is your typical juice schedule and recipe per day?
  • shazzannon
    shazzannon Posts: 117 Member
    Options

How are you starving yourself if you're meeting your caloric needs? I'm sure you could become malnourished if you're not taking proper care to ensure that you're getting all the nutrients you need, but that's not the same as starving from an extreme caloric deficit
  • apriljack
    Options
    I have read some stupide things on these boards...but I must say the stupidest have been in thes thread
  • Gods_Flower
    Options
    :happy: I think it's so cool that people have INBOXED:bigsmile: me on information regarding JUICE FASTING!!! WOOOOHOOOO, WANTED TO SHARE THAT.:tongue:

P.S. I did NOT put anyone on blast, I just understand that they don't want to be criticized :frown: for their interest, and all the mean people say, AMEN.:tongue: ok just kidding, relax!:wink:

I don't know everything, learning is a never ending process, but I never encourage anyone to Juice fast for that long, if anyone truly read my topic they would know I didn't even do it for that long, but I definitely encourage people to incorporate it into their daily lives, this way you get all the fruit and veggie intake your body needs everyday!!! WOOT WOOT! Waiting for all the scientist, bioligist, nutritionist, dieticians, doctors to comment.:wink::heart:

LOVE THIS! You have a great, sarcastic, got with the flow sense of humor. Do what works for YOU girl! Best of luck!

awww, your so kind:flowerforyou: thank you muy mucho!!:bigsmile:
  • Gods_Flower
    Options
    what is your typical juice schedule and recipe per day?

will inbox you:bigsmile:
  • Gods_Flower
    Options
    Her concern is valid since none of us are experts in the field or nutritionists.

Actually - some of us are.

AWESOME!!! SO I WILL BE ASKING YOU FOR ADVICE IN A MOMENT! LOL:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • sunleigh
    sunleigh Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    the doc was great and very informative. i have to agree how are you starving yourself if you are getting the proper amount of calories?
    I have considered a juice diet but found smoothies work better for me...yes i know i am not getting as many fruits and veggies as i could with juicing, but i figured it was a good way to get more then I was eating before...I have replaced 1 meal a day with a smoothie and also a snack. I also have switch to a more raw diet, with some whole grains and dairy...i have cheese issues, i love it too much but have cut down on it
    Detoxing the body is not a bad thing in my opinion, not when doing it with plenty of calories and nutrients like you get in juicing. I can not even imagine the amount of "crap" that is built up inside of the body. As i have switched to a more raw food diet i can see a huge difference of the body cleaning itself out.
    I highly doubt most people that are doing juicing or eating raw are going to go out after the diet and eat cheeseburgers...these are lifestyle changes not fads...learning about the effects of foods on the body is just amazing and I for one consider my lifestyle change a forever thing.
    I watched another doc last night on netflix, fork over knife, also a good doc for those that are into raw eating.
    The world and especially people of the US eat way too many processed food, fast foods, and not enough fresh foods.
    Enjoy you short juice fast and enjoy your raw lifestyle!
  • TheFitnessTutor
    TheFitnessTutor Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Then there's these crazy things we have called teeth...I would've preferred a bill and a long slurrpy tongue, or something, but it looks like the powers that be wanted me to chew stuff. Darn it!
  • Angelap1121
    Options
    My husband and I watched the movie and we are thinking of doing the 10 day fast. And yes I have been eating healthier, but even the healthy foods lose many of the nutrients in the way we cook them. Juicing still keeps quite a bit of them. And it seems many of the posters have not researched or at least watched the movie they are hating on. He even says it is not a fix forever and the real work begins after the fast and he had his blood work done every 10 days and the results always came back healthier. He is not advocating going to jamba juice everyday and only drinking fruit smoothies, most of his juices are made with veggies. personally I think I will eat way more veggies juicing than I ever would cooking healthy meals at home, because I don't cook five sides of veggies with my meals.