WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2012

Options

Replies

• RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Happy Valentines Day to all my lovely ladies.

Renny :heart:
  • kackie
    kackie Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY, DEAR FRIENDS:heart::heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

I am thankful for each of you and appreciate your support and friendship on this journey together. Thanks for being here:love::love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Kackie
  • anotheryearolder
    anotheryearolder Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Well I've finally lost a couple of my December mess up pounds. I have had the creeping crud for the last several days - not sure if it's allergies or a cold but it needs to go away!

I was just in the kitchen doing my usual Valentines Day thing of making big heart shaped chocolate chip, oatmeal, nut cookies. I got the wet part mixed up, went to do the dry part, and my darned baking soda is expired, :grumble: which is a pain in the bum but does explain why the cookies I made for DS and DGS last week were kinda flatish. So, I put the egg, sugar, butter mix in the fridge and will finish after I go to town and do the gym and the grocery store. I HATE having a project interrupted. :ohwell: I was going to add extra baking soda and hope for the best but DH caught me in the kitchen and suggested perhaps I wait to finish until I got new. Seeing as one big cookie is his, I guess I will do it his way.:laugh:

Not much news here, just thought I would get in a comment on the new thread.

Faye
  • westernjoy
    westernjoy Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    marking my spot
  • realpure
    realpure Posts: 156
    Options
    Thankful for each and every one of you! I've learned a lot from you all this last 3 weeks and have enjoyed getting to know you.

Hope you enjoy Valentines Day with those you hold dear. Our youngest (6) has already made my day with 3 home made cards and lots of kisses.
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    (is there any place I could move that doesn't have Mexican restaurants??!??),
    Linda

I don't think there is any place like that... if there is I've never lived there. Although I have to admit the whole "Irish-Mexican" places up north kind of throw me for a loop. Oddest Mexican food I've ever had. lol

I started out Valentine's Day with Valentine's candy.... of course. Noon and I've eaten my entire day's calorie allowance. lol. I guess I'd better hit the gym later and burn some of them off.
  • frogmama
    frogmama Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Happy Valentines day! :flowerforyou:

Last night DH and I walked into Coldstone's to look for a Valentines cake. We didn't see the one that I wanted, so we decided to leave with nothing! I can't believe it. I even had coupons I didn't use!

Went mall walking today again. 40 minutes of fast pace and then 2 hours of browsing!

Hope all of you have a good day
  • kleinbuenstorf
    Options
    Hello everyone and Happy Valentine's Day!!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :heart: :heart:

Had a great 5 mile walk this morning while planning Valentine's Lunch for husband and girls!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
    It was wonderful and yummy and I fell of the wagon!!!!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
    So back on track tomorrow, no regrets and we had a lovely time together and that is what LOVE is all about!!!!!:happy:

Have a wonderful day!!!!!! :flowerforyou:
    Desiree
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,925 Member
    Options

I too get lost with so many posts to catch up on and have asked about forming a group in the past. Its one of the reasons I don't participate in the thread more. I feel guilty for not having the time to read and reply to everyone! But the general consensus is that the majority doesn't want a group; just us few.

I belong to two groups, so I'm not unaware of how a group functions.......so my question is, "How would being a group, make the number of posts to catch up on, any fewer or easier to navigate?"

3224490b7s0fv3zdu.gif

you are all so important to me.......my life is better for knowing and interacting with you :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • cathys01
    cathys01 Posts: 221
    Options
    H Ladies:

Happy Valentine's Day to you, My Friends, you are all my Valentine's and I send you all a big hug for Valentine's Day :heart:

This is just marking my spot, I will be back later to chat more.

Love, Cathy xx
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Happy Valentine's day all. No time to chat since I still need to pack for my trip to finally see/meet/hold my beautiful baby grand daughter. I will try to catch up later. Love to all.
  • Kimharbath
    Options
    Had a great Valentines Day. Was tempted by a lot of things but managed to still eat well. Myfitnesspal has helped me so much. :heart:
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone had a nice valentine`s day.Getting ready for surgery in the am.
    Have a good rest of the week,if I don`t get to posting.
    You`re a great bunch!!
    HUGS
    jane:heart::heart: :heart: :heart:
  • jaks97
    jaks97 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    You`re a great bunch!!
    HUGS

good luck on the surgery you will be up and about in no time
  • bevsdietfor2011
    bevsdietfor2011 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Well I stayed the same on weight this week. Haven't worked out much but we just got a new treadmill so I hope to use it alot. I will keep you updated. Anyone is free to check out my profile and friend me if they would like to.

Hugs to everyone.
  • genealace
    genealace Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Valentine's Day report - I had a good one all things being equal. DBF has been moved to a new location and will now be expected to get up and get dressed every day and participate in the programs offered. However, I think it will still be a slow progress. I heard that the person who went home today, who's bed he got had been there for 27 days. Holy moly, another 27 days of going to the hospital all the time. He kept saying that he was sorry he couldn't get me something for Valentine's Day, and because he missed my birthday. I told him that the best present he could give me was to work hard at all his exercises and the plans that they have for him and get the heck out of there as soon as possible.

Saw the doctor this morning and she said that I do have a leaky heart valve but it is nothing that they can do anything about and shouldn't cause me any problems. My cholesterol was a little high (bad kind) and a lot high (good kind) and they do a calculation with some of the numbers. Meds are recommended if the level is over 3.5 (mine 3.82) and if the calculation is over 5.0 (mine 3.1) so she felt it was not necessary to prescribe any drugs. If she had, I would have asked for another blood test because the last one was done 1 days after I came back from a trip where I'd been eating out every day and we all know how hard it is to watch everything when you aren't cooking the meal yourself.

And so to bed...............
  • blissfuldrake
    blissfuldrake Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Had a CT scan on my lungs today as a follow-up. Then, I went to WalMart grocery shopping. I started to pay, using my card, but my CARDS and Drivers license were missing! Luckily, I had the cash to pay for what I had gotten. Bummer...but I'm pretty certain at that point they are at home (they are STILL among the MIA).

Went to Taco Bell and had lunch.

So, I went to the doctor's today and got on the scales with a swagger. I knew I had lost 12 pounds since I had seen her 3 months ago. Imagine my dismay when the scales showed me as weighing 226, instead of the 216 my scales at home said. TWO pounds! I...DON'T...THINK...SO! 5 1/2 inches don't disappear without a significant weight loss! That was enough to burst my bubble...but the good news is my A1c was 5.3, and my triglicerides are down. She took me off two of my medicines. Yay, me!

Went through, got the mammogram and ultrasound done in good time. I was hungry, and it was time again, so I hit the Taco Bell drive thru...

And then, the disaster began...

I got home and one of my housemates had made chili and salad. Of course, I had to eat, even though it was only about an hour after the Taco Bell Buritto Supreme.

Then, my partner (who is recovering from knee replacement surgery and is cranky as all get out) started mouthing off that the only Culver's Frozen Custard that was left for her to eat was stuff that tasted awful. To prove a point, I took a bite...then another...and ended up finishing the whole pint.

The cherry pie on the stove...ahhh...the cherry pie...I held myself down to two spoonfuls of the filling...

Disaster, total and complete disaster. At least I got plenty of exercise trotting around the med center and hospital...sigh...

Oh, did I say my back went out while I was searching under the furniture for the cards?
  • LemonSnap
    LemonSnap Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    TWO pounds! I...DON'T...THINK...SO! 5 1/2 inches don't disappear without a significant weight loss! That was enough to burst my bubble...but the good news is my A1c was 5.3, and my triglicerides are down. She took me off two of my medicines. Yay, me!

Yes yay you.

Your post made me laugh. Love your attitude - and sense of humour.
  • realpure
    realpure Posts: 156
    Options
    You`re a great bunch!!
    HUGS

Good luck Jane. Hope this surgery brings you relief and mobility.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,925 Member
    Options
    Had a CT scan on my lungs today as a follow-up. Then, I went to WalMart grocery shopping. I started to pay, using my card, but my CARDS and Drivers license were missing! Luckily, I had the cash to pay for what I had gotten. Bummer...but I'm pretty certain at that point they are at home (they are STILL among the MIA).

Went to Taco Bell and had lunch.

So, I went to the doctor's today and got on the scales with a swagger. I knew I had lost 12 pounds since I had seen her 3 months ago. Imagine my dismay when the scales showed me as weighing 226, instead of the 216 my scales at home said. TWO pounds! I...DON'T...THINK...SO! 5 1/2 inches don't disappear without a significant weight loss! That was enough to burst my bubble...but the good news is my A1c was 5.3, and my triglicerides are down. She took me off two of my medicines. Yay, me!

Went through, got the mammogram and ultrasound done in good time. I was hungry, and it was time again, so I hit the Taco Bell drive thru...

And then, the disaster began...

I got home and one of my housemates had made chili and salad. Of course, I had to eat, even though it was only about an hour after the Taco Bell Buritto Supreme.

Then, my partner (who is recovering from knee replacement surgery and is cranky as all get out) started mouthing off that the only Culver's Frozen Custard that was left for her to eat was stuff that tasted awful. To prove a point, I took a bite...then another...and ended up finishing the whole pint.

The cherry pie on the stove...ahhh...the cherry pie...I held myself down to two spoonfuls of the filling...

Disaster, total and complete disaster. At least I got plenty of exercise trotting around the med center and hospital...sigh...

Oh, did I say my back went out while I was searching under the furniture for the cards?

Welcome.......I hope you will continue to post with us and read the encouraging words of all the women on this thread.......do not be discouraged and do not allow others to discourage you......start right now to make a plan for your eating for the day and stick to it, no matter what anyone says.......and consider planning a day that doesn't include fast food restaurants....:bigsmile: