Options

Replies

• vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
  • Luvlee85
    Luvlee85 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Just a question.....For the people that have not forgiven him, What should we do? Cast him away so that he should never be seen again????
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    I mentioned this on my facebook as he was singing at the grammy's.

How is he seemingly forgiven, but michael vick is still the most hated man in sports? Appearently it's OK to beat the **** out of someone that has no real defense against you, but fighting dogs is so much worse?

Both of these are equally unforgivable in my opinion.

Also, Michael Vick got his career back, as well, which I think is ridiculous.
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    Just a question.....For the people that have not forgiven him, What should we do? Cast him away so that he should never be seen again????

Well, don't give him a Grammy, that's for sure.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    none of us were there, we dont know what really happended.
    Exactly. All I can say is this may have not have happened if she had gotten the sammich a little faster...

Sorry sir, it won't happen again. What kind of sammich did you want again? Beer? Opened of course.
  • Myslissa
    Myslissa Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    It has nothing to do with him personally. He is a talented kid. None of us were there to witness what happened between him and Rhiana..... So how do we know it was not one of Hollywoods attention getting schemes...I think that if he would have really done something that JayZ would have ended his career. Oh yes and the head of the Music mafia could have pulled that off. Also, She makes a video on how she likes things rough not long after this mess happened...Things that make you go hmmmmmm?
  • AlmstHvn
    AlmstHvn Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I have no desire to see him or hear him, and I don't understand celebrating his "comeback". But, my solution is pretty simple - I don't purchase his music and I hit mute or change the channel when he's on...

I think the whole Chris-Rhianna story shined a light on a very serious problem and I hope an outcome is better general education that it's not ok.
  • bug1114
    bug1114 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I mentioned this on my facebook as he was singing at the grammy's.

How is he seemingly forgiven, but michael vick is still the most hated man in sports? Appearently it's OK to beat the **** out of someone that has no real defense against you, but fighting dogs is so much worse?

I think Lip Syncing on the Grammy's is more like it.

^^Agreed. I told my husband it was interesting how he was dancing around like that and still singing perfectly. I mean, I know they perform like that for their concerts, but I didn't hear one bit of heavy breathing and he was seriously busting some moves.
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    none of us were there, we dont know what really happended.
    Exactly. All I can say is this may have not have happened if she had gotten the sammich a little faster...

Sorry sir, it won't happen again. What kind of sammich did you want again? Beer? Opened of course.
    See? The ladies can be taught!
  • shaj316
    shaj316 Posts: 161
    Options
    Clearly somebody is buying his music otherwise I can't imagine why he would even be relevant.
  • tnrown87
    tnrown87 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I have forgiven him, for one I don't really care, I guess because I'm not a big fan of pop and the state of R&B. I also understand that he is human, and I too have made unforgivable mistakes. Everyone deserves another chance. But I do believe he is an arrogant *kitten*. *shrugs
  • MyFeistyEvolution
    MyFeistyEvolution Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Who's Chris Brown?

Just kidding. He was young. He made a mistake. I hope he has changed, learned and never makes the same mistake again.

I have never bullied another person and I have no respect for someone who does, but, since it's not my daughter he beat, he gets another chance. Hope he makes the best of it and becomes a better person.

A lot of people probably believe he got off easy because of his celebrity. Maybe he did; maybe he didn't, but his career definitely sufffered. Let him move on.

This.

Who really cares? **** happens and he has made amends with Rhianna soooo yeah... I don't care. I don't have time in my life to waste judging a celebrity.

Plus...his songs get stuck in my head, I can't hate it just yet.
  • CorinthiaB
    CorinthiaB Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    It is a big uproar about Chris Brown and being forgiven. Hell the dumb a** former governor of Mississippi pardoned murderers, and drunk drivers who killed innocent people. Talk about forgiving. Rhianna is still alive. Chris Brown can't be forgiven but, a system can free those who took lives. Some of us have our priority in the wrong place.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I don't know what happened between the two of them. Doesn't seem to me that either one of them is an "angel". Never appropriate to beat on a woman. I honestly have never heard his music and don't care to. I've heard hers and didn't care for it (not bad enough to beat her up...) If she forgives him and he doesn't do it again, why the hell would I spend my time and energy worrying about it.
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    Nope, I curse him every time he gets on stage.. lol.
  • tueliewomp
    tueliewomp Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Glad you guys aren't GOd. He was a child and they make mistakes and she wasn't innocent either. Yes he is forgiven.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    While I understand the psychology of being an abused woman and I don't think Rihanna deserved what happened to her (and I don't see that Brown is all that sorry about it, either), I want to make this point, since others compared this to Michael Vick:

Rihanna was an ADULT woman with a LOT of money and resources who could have left that relationship any time she wanted to (does anyone believe the day he got caught was the first time it happened?). The dogs Vick victimized were truly helpless and at his mercy, tied up, kept in cages and had no resources or anyone to help them.

Brown, while wrong on so many levels, lashed out in anger. Vick and his pals enjoyed to pain they inflicted.

Vick and his pals were running a business (albeit an illegal one), you can't really say they took pleasure from what they did unless you were there. All I am saying is that they fulfilled the terms of their sentencing. Life should carry on. Of course, no one should ever trust Mike Vick with a dog again, and any woman considering getting involved with Chris Brown should be careful, but their careers are completely separate from their personal lives.

Have you read the details of what they did to the dogs that weren't mean enough for fighting? They took pleasure in torture and murder, even if they were "just dogs."

I agree that they did their time. That doesn't mean that I have to think they're good people. Do I think Vick has a right to play football and get paid millions? Sure. But I don't have to support the team that chooses to employ him, either. That's my right.

Same with Brown. Legally, he's allowed a Grammy and a career. But I don't support that with my money. I don't really care for his music, anyway. But if I did, I'd stop listening. If others choose to still love those men, then that's their business. But it makes me sad that people can overlook evil for a good voice or a great throwing arm.
  • Luvlee85
    Luvlee85 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I must say I did enjoy his performance on the Grammys!!!
  • neenaj33
    neenaj33 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Whatever went down between him and rihanna is between them and God. None of my business. I'm no saint myself so who am I to judge him or anyone else. I'm sure NONE of YOU are saints ya damn selves.
  • NilbyClark
    Options
    Personally I've seen two different sides of domestic violence. One is the side where someone is just overly aggressive (and some people are, both male and female) and another is the side that no one ever likes to admit, the person who is constantly harrassed and provoked until they snap. I have WITNESSED first hand a person being provoked, by a woman, trying to get a reaction. It was disgusting. And everyone can argue that a "man should never hit a woman ever" but if I had someone practically climbing up my back after I repeatedly asked them to get away from me, warned them numerous times, and tried to walk away over and over and I finally lost my cool, I would feel it was justified.

Everyone argues that "real men don't hit women" ... Well real women don't feel the need to pester, hit, annoying, harrass, etc until they get slapped. I literally watched an arguement between an aquaintance and his girlfriend once, he repeated to her several times to leave him alone, she was behind him chasing him smacking him in the back on the head, screaming at him, cursing him out, practically on his back while he was trying to get away from her. Finally after he'd gotten sick of her **** (rightfully so) he turned around and slapped her. She was acting so ridiculous. She turns around and acts like he's an abuser and calls the cops. I'm not saying its the same thing, but some women don't know when to quit either and thats coming from a woman. We can't all cry foul and play victim.