Chris Brown- Have you forgiven him?

Options

Replies

• Brandongood
    Brandongood Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I have not forgotten. I am so happy Rihanna was able to put her life back together after that, she is at top form, absolutely love her. I still blame Bobbi Brown for Whitney Houston's downfall, she was never able to get out of the place that Bobbi took her to in my opinion.

So Bobby Brown put a gun to her head and forced her to do drugs? She made bad decisions on her own.

I did not say that, I said she was not able to pull herself out of the Bobbi took her to and I am happy Rihanna was able to pull herself back from what Chris did to her.

Pull herself out of what? As a grown woman, she made her own decisions in this life.

Look for the news story where her mother actually had to go and get her from out of Bobby's craziness. I do believe she was trying to get out of that relationship b/c of abuse and could not. In the end it was her decision to continue to use but I feel bad and sad she was exposed to that jerk who treated her like crap. Look at Tina turner, she was in an abusive marriage but she eventually go out and is living her life happily. Sometimes it's hard, but it can be done. some can heal faster than others while some never heal

How could she not get out of the relationship? She had the resources to live her life without him. What forced her to stay in the relationship? I also feel bad for her. I feel bad for anyone who is being abused. There is healing in Christ! I pray that Whitney is with the Lord.
  • cerrajean
    cerrajean Posts: 188 Member
    Options

Most of all kudos to Rhianna for forgiving him so she can move on with her life and I hope that maybe she can be a positive role model to young or older women who have been through the same situation and can help them learn to forgive and try to move on and live a life full of joy! (some will have an issue with my response but it's mine..)

Wow! Wow! If my daughter sees Rhianna as a positive role model I would be incredibly concerned! I'm so glad for Rhianna that she has forgiven the thug so she can move on her life. Good for her. I'd be a impressed if she was actually moving on, though. Going back to him is acting like a positive role model? (Maybe she needs to see a picture of her face again as a little reminder of his 'mistake' ??)

Rhianna isn't a positive role model for young girls be she dresses like a loosey and sings about disgusting things! Thats Why she's not a good role model. Forget that she got pummled on top of that!!!!

"I may be bad, but I'm perfectly good at it. Sex in the air? I don't care, I love the smell of it. Sticks and stones can break my bones but whips and chains excited me."

Yeah, exactly what every little girl should be listening to. Hell, take it a step further and let her sing "Unfaithful" in the school Talent show:

"and I know that he knows I'm unfaithful and it kills him inside, to know that am happy with some other guy. I can see him dying... I don't wanna do this anymore, I don't want to be the reason why, every time I walk out the door, I see him die a little more inside. I don't want to hurt him anymore, I don't want to take away his life. I don't want to be a murderer."

And you can use her songs to teach self-confidence and self-respect, too. Or rather, that these are horrible ideas, and *****es should listen when they're put in their places. We'll take your crap and love it!

"Just gonna stand there And watch me burn, But that's alright because I like the way it hurts. Just gonna stand there Aad hear me cry but that's alright because I love the way you lie... ...I love the way you lie."

Neither one of these people should be role models.
  • hello77kitty
    hello77kitty Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    NO!! I love RiRi.
  • jfox625
    Options
    i think he's a criminal.
  • AmberMagdalena
    AmberMagdalena Posts: 461 Member
    Options

Most of all kudos to Rhianna for forgiving him so she can move on with her life and I hope that maybe she can be a positive role model to young or older women who have been through the same situation and can help them learn to forgive and try to move on and live a life full of joy! (some will have an issue with my response but it's mine..)

Wow! Wow! If my daughter sees Rhianna as a positive role model I would be incredibly concerned! I'm so glad for Rhianna that she has forgiven the thug so she can move on her life. Good for her. I'd be a impressed if she was actually moving on, though. Going back to him is acting like a positive role model? (Maybe she needs to see a picture of her face again as a little reminder of his 'mistake' ??)

Rhianna isn't a positive role model for young girls be she dresses like a loosey and sings about disgusting things! Thats Why she's not a good role model. Forget that she got pummled on top of that!!!!

"I may be bad, but I'm perfectly good at it. Sex in the air? I don't care, I love the smell of it. Sticks and stones can break my bones but whips and chains excited me."

Yeah, exactly what every little girl should be listening to. Hell, take it a step further and let her sing "Unfaithful" in the school Talent show:

"and I know that he knows I'm unfaithful and it kills him inside, to know that am happy with some other guy. I can see him dying... I don't wanna do this anymore, I don't want to be the reason why, every time I walk out the door, I see him die a little more inside. I don't want to hurt him anymore, I don't want to take away his life. I don't want to be a murderer."

And you can use her songs to teach self-confidence and self-respect, too. Or rather, that these are horrible ideas, and *****es should listen when they're put in their places. We'll take your crap and love it!

"Just gonna stand there And watch me burn, But that's alright because I like the way it hurts. Just gonna stand there Aad hear me cry but that's alright because I love the way you lie... ...I love the way you lie."

Neither one of these people should be role models.

I think it's terrible hearing kids sing these lyrics! Most times they don't know what it means, but what happens when they're just a LITTLE older?? That's why 12 year old girls are getting pregnant! It's unacceptable! People will say "oh it's the parents fault", but this stuff is on the radio!! It's unavoidable. Yeah I think Rihanna is a role model for young girls; on what NOT to do!
  • ericcumbee
    ericcumbee Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    He was irrelevant to me before, and he remains irrelevant to me now.
  • madameduffay
    madameduffay Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    i look at it like this. Joe Schmo beats on his girl and goes to jail. Mel Gibson is a racist and makes a good movie but no one forgets.

This guy beats a girl senseless and gets probation. He then gets his career back for some good tracks and then at the grammys gets a standing ovation...

i mean tell that there is something wrong with this picture.

I couldn't agree more. Both did terrible things but one is almost celebrated for his triumphant return? Both are ****s.

I was reading this compilation of tweets that someone put together regarding Chris Brown. All of these girls were tweeting that they loved him and that he could beat them up any day.

So sad.
  • tiffanepiphany
    tiffanepiphany Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hollywood has a warped idea of morals. There are no boundaries. Anything goes for most of them (but not all). So, I choose to ignore the garbage and focus on the entertainment only. They're all nuts... and so are we. Everybody is crazy to a certain level, so whatever...

That being said, I almost forgave him until I read the police report again. It was a relentless beating and I believe she was afraid for her life at the time. Afterwards, he really needed to fade away for a longer period of time and grow up. He still behaves like an arrogant kid, although he did try to fake a little humbleness during his Grammy acceptance.

Either way, its not up to me to forgive or forget. He's a non factor in my life and I don't really buy his records.... although I do like to see him dance...
  • shanahan_09
    shanahan_09 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Didn't watch the Grammy's...but if he got a standing ovation, obviously this means he's had a good comeback. The fact he beat up his girlfriend still stands--the man has issues. With that said, he has to live with it (and more unfortunately, so does Rhianna), BUT the icing on the cake with this is how the music industry (his record company) has let money trump morals. If the recording companies & film companies would turn these celebrities (who commit a crime) away, maybe then they'll get their *kitten* together. Tired of seeing this time and time again.
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    There is always two sides to a story. I can't have an opinion as I've been in a similar position. My ex reported to my family, her family and her friends that I was aggressive towards her and she had bruises on her wrists and arms. That was true....

However, what I kept to myself and let just my GF know, was the fact I'm physically scarred on my arms and at the time had scratches on my face and neck, welts up and down my back, where she'd whipped me with my chain, i'd got cuts on my hands where she'd come at me with a broken glass (that she smashed and came at me with).

The bruises on her was me restraining her from attacking me any further, pinning her to the sofa so she didn't actually stab me with with something.

We simply have released to us what the PR agents wanted us to know. I don't care for Chris Brown, think his music is terrible and Rhiana ain't much better, but I know what is said and actually happens, can be two different things.

Oh and before anyone draws opinion on my size, should fight her off, I was about 5-6 stone lighter than I am now.
  • Missphatcutie
    Missphatcutie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    i totally agree.People are taking to much time out to just a person that they do not personally know, i am a fan of him as an artist. i don't know him personally nor am i his creator so im not at liberty to judge. its cool to not forgive or not forget, your choice but the people involved have moved on so maybe society should also.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    ^So true. I wonder if a camera was played back over our lives would people forgive us for some of the things we did or said. Wait I forgot we aren't celebrities so we live perfect lives, silly me!!!

There is a difference between being imperfect (which we all are) and beating your girlfriend.

What's the difference?

you ARE kidding, right?!?
  • N_BEAST_MODE_24_7
    N_BEAST_MODE_24_7 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I'm sure Rihanna had her part in the Chris Brown drama also well. They both shouldnt be allowed to perform at shows.
  • sunnyday789
    sunnyday789 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    There is always two sides to a story. I can't have an opinion as I've been in a similar position. My ex reported to my family, her family and her friends that I was aggressive towards her and she had bruises on her wrists and arms. That was true....

However, what I kept to myself and let just my GF know, was the fact I'm physically scarred on my arms and at the time had scratches on my face and neck, welts up and down my back, where she'd whipped me with my chain, i'd got cuts on my hands where she'd come at me with a broken glass (that she smashed and came at me with).

The bruises on her was me restraining her from attacking me any further, pinning her to the sofa so she didn't actually stab me with with something.

We simply have released to us what the PR agents wanted us to know. I don't care for Chris Brown, think his music is terrible and Rhiana ain't much better, but I know what is said and actually happens, can be two different things.

Oh and before anyone draws opinion on my size, should fight her off, I was about 5-6 stone lighter than I am now.
    I think we also have police reports, pictures, and court documents; not just what their PR people wanted us to know
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I think this says it all: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOjUKwoHUyw
  • Matt_Wild
    Options

I think we also have police reports, pictures, and court documents; not just what their PR people wanted us to know

Lets see them then. I mean, have you seen them?
  • sunnyday789
    Options

Saw one picture earlier on this thread and others in the media at the time. Someone else also earlier said had read the police report. He was found guilty in the courts so assume there was documents. And I think he plead guilty. My point was that there was more than just PR people saying stuff.
  • Matt_Wild
    Options

Saw one picture earlier on this thread and others in the media at the time. Someone else also earlier said had read the police report. He was found guilty in the courts so assume there was documents. And I think he plead guilty. My point was that there was more than just PR people saying stuff.

No, i'm asking YOU. You're slating him on so called info that you've never read nor seen, just on info claimed seen.

I'm not defending him, he appears to be a thug but basing your info on info from the media, is far from the best thing to do. They are far from perfect and will twist anything to sell copy.
  • sunnyday789
    Options

No, i'm asking YOU. You're slating him on so called info that you've never read nor seen, just on info claimed seen.

I'm not defending him, he appears to be a thug but basing your info on info from the media, is far from the best thing to do. They are far from perfect and will twist anything to sell copy.
    http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2009/images/03/05/brown.warrant.pdf
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1159654/Blow-blow-Court-papers-reveal-sickening-details-alleged-assault-Rihanna.html
    Follow the links if you like. Pictures I have seen, like I said already posted.
  • sunnyday789
    Options
    double post