JUNE STARTERS

Options

Replies

• Wolfeyes_us_101
    Options
    I just started and I am really to lose this extra weight. My goal is to be able to run a couple of miles a day or better. I really just want to be in better shape.

Weight at start: 235
    Weight now: 229.8
    Goal: 150
    Mini-goal: to be under 200 pounds and stay there.
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    I just started and I am really to lose this extra weight. My goal is to be able to run a couple of miles a day or better. I really just want to be in better shape.

Weight at start: 235
    Weight now: 229.8
    Goal: 150
    Mini-goal: to be under 200 pounds and stay there.

So, glad you joined!!!!!
  • mtn_girl09
    mtn_girl09 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Wanted to jump on here before the end of the month. I started about 2 weeks ago, and I find that I'm a lot more honest with myself when I actually have to track everthing.

Starting weight: 209
    Current weight: 203
    Goal weight: 160

I've got some mini goals, but my ultimate goal will be to hit 160 around October.
    I've noticed that a lot of women here have hubby's that are/were military. I'm military myself, and my hubby was in for 6 years. I've got 2 wonderful boys, 7 and 1 on the 4th of July.
    Why does it seem like after the second baby the weight doesn't come off as easily?:grumble:

Anyway, hopefully I'll be able to keep up with this thread and with all of you!
    Katie
  • kandyjo
    Options
    Wanted to jump on here before the end of the month. I started about 2 weeks ago, and I find that I'm a lot more honest with myself when I actually have to track everthing.

Starting weight: 209
    Current weight: 203
    Goal weight: 160

I've got some mini goals, but my ultimate goal will be to hit 160 around October.
    I've noticed that a lot of women here have hubby's that are/were military. I'm military myself, and my hubby was in for 6 years. I've got 2 wonderful boys, 7 and 1 on the 4th of July.
    Why does it seem like after the second baby the weight doesn't come off as easily?:grumble:

Anyway, hopefully I'll be able to keep up with this thread and with all of you!
    Katie

So glad you "jumped in"!! (:
    Yep, I am a former military wife as well :smile: Hubby was in the AirForce, but due to a medical issue, decided that it was time to seperate (he was going to be "grounded" to a desk job for two years under "medical watch") He was in 6 years... Just tested for Tech Sgt.
  • isandi
    isandi Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Just saying hi.
    Am trying the photo bucket thing. Got the pictures uploaded but now don't know where to get the ing
  • datenshi
    datenshi Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I hope you all can fit another June starter in this group...wow there are a lot of you out there...lol.

Anyway, my name is Tammy and I just joined today at the recommendation of Maglett and I am very excited to be a part of something so motivating and I hope to be as motivating to others with my journey.

I am a married mother of two young children and my health/life goal is to be a good role model for them with regards to health and wellness (and well everything else too of course...lol). I work a desk job full time as a technology support analyst and love to learn new things.

My Start Weight is 251 lbs and my goal is to be between 140-145lbs.
  • shereen647
    Options
    Hey Everybody! I just started a week ago but found this website today. Im 40 yrs old married to my h.s. sweetheart and have an 18 yr old boy and 17 yr old girl.

Starting weight: 204
    Current weight:200
    Goal weight: 147
    Im glad to have people to go though this together with.
  • datenshi
    Options
    That is a tough one since lots of people (i.e. Me...lol) find it hard to exercise is such hot conditions. So my suggestion is if you have a walking trail nearby that has a good size tree canopy maybe go hiking and along with your drinking water bring a spritzer bottle to spritz your face and arms with. Just make sure that if you have sensitive skin to wear water resistant sunblock. :smile:

I also like to bring my camera along on hikes to take pictures so I can eventually make a scrapbook or web journal of my activities during my journey to better health and wellness.

I hope that helps and good luck!!!!
  • datenshi
    Options
    LOL... sorry that was supposed to be a reply to a specific post but it ended up at the end of the topic list.
  • datenshi
    Options
    Ok, so i lost 4 pounds and am totally excited!!
    However i think i could do better putting in more excercise, any suggestions on excercise that is fun and you still want to do with this crazy heat wave

I'm having that problem too. It's so hot and muggy outside that I'm stuck indoors. I'm going stir-crazy! :explode:

That is a tough one since lots of people (i.e. Me...lol) find it hard to exercise is such hot conditions. So my suggestion is if you have a walking trail nearby that has a good size tree canopy maybe go hiking and along with your drinking water bring a spritzer bottle to spritz your face and arms with. Just make sure that if you have sensitive skin to wear water resistant sunblock.

I also like to bring my camera along on hikes to take pictures so I can eventually make a scrapbook or web journal of my activities during my journey to better health and wellness.

I hope that helps and good luck!!!!

There, I hope I got it right this time...lol
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    LOL... sorry that was supposed to be a reply to a specific post but it ended up at the end of the topic list.
    Tammy my silly friend ... if you want to respond to a specific section hit the "quote" button instead of "reply" and it will clear things up. :laugh: :wink: :laugh:
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    Tammy my silly friend ... if you want to respond to a specific section hit the "quote" button instead of "reply" and it will clear things up. :laugh: :wink: :laugh:
    Never mind:embarassed: you've obviously figured it out. Smarty Pants.:flowerforyou:
  • kandyjo
    Options
    I am so glad that so many of you have joined us. We have a rockin' group!!!
    For those of you who might not know, Meags23, one of our group members has made a great chart for everyone who weighs in on Mondays. Find the post JUNE STARTERS- weigh-in chart and check it out...
    We have weigh-in every Monday. We are also starting a photo journal where we will post pics the first of every month (July is rapidly approaching)
    Most of us are also doing the AB CHALLENGE that is also found in the topics....
    So, just jump in!!!!
  • aliciaroberts12
    Options
    hi again, i started the beginning of the month but didnt find this site till last sunday

sw:195
    cw:190
    gw:130

mini goal weight:175 by aug 23rd (lil bros birthday)

i got a long time, but i will appreciate it more

good luck to everyone
  • karend73
    karend73 Posts: 4
    Options
    Ok, so my internet has been out since a big rain storm hit friday night and I just got access today. It took me a while to enter almost a full week of food. So, I missed our monday weigh in. But as of Monday I was down 4.4 pounds. And I have lost another pound since. I think it was alot since it was my first week! It will get harder but I am determined to lose this weight.

Keep on track everyone! Good luck.
    Karen:happy:
  • datenshi
    Options
    Ok, so my internet has been out since a big rain storm hit friday night and I just got access today. It took me a while to enter almost a full week of food. So, I missed our monday weigh in. But as of Monday I was down 4.4 pounds. And I have lost another pound since. I think it was alot since it was my first week! It will get harder but I am determined to lose this weight.

Keep on track everyone! Good luck.
    Karen:happy:

Wow, that is an awesome way to begin! Congratulations Karen!
  • VTPete22
    VTPete22 Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm Pete (and I might be the only male here, but I don't care).

I started today---June 26, so I will still call myself a June Starter.

Starting & Current Weight: 269 lbs.
    Long-Term Goal Weight: 225 lbs.
    Mini-Goal: 245-250 lbs. by September 20th (day of my annual physical)
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    Hi Pete! Welcome :)
  • sassycat
    sassycat Posts: 108
    Options
    Welome Pete to the June Starters group!! :happy: Good luck with your goal! We are here for you.
  • ButterflyMom
    Options
    Hi all i guess i would be a late June starter here I'm Jennifer a 28 yr old happily married mom of 2 ~ a 8 year old little boy and an almost 2 year old little girl ~ i need to get this weight off of me and keep it off as i am not happy with myself at all

Start weight: 245
    Current weight: 245
    Weight Goal: 190-200
    Mini Goal: be under or at 235 lbs by the end of July, 1st week of August