may-december relationships

Options

Replies

• angied80
    angied80 Posts: 749
    Options
    When I was 18 my bf was 26. Then when I was 25 i dated a 19 year old =).. He was very mature for his age, and he was the boss son =)
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    Dated: 6 years older..

Kissed, without dating/relationship: 13 years older.
  • Carrot1971
    Carrot1971 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I am 40 my husband is 32. I don't think much about the age gap unless someone points it out to me. Someone recently told me they thought my husband was my SON. This after the same person just got done telling me how wonderful I look for being 40...I don't look a day over 30..blah blah blah. She thought my husband was in high school. Not a good night for me.

Or sometimes my husband will say something that will remind me just how young he really is. When Farrah Faucet died several years ago I texted him and told him..I was sad. His response? Farrah who? :face palm:
  • 0SimplymeStacyLea0
    Options
    I got divorced at 30 and started dating a 21 year old. It was great while it lasted but I think me being jealous of the younger chics always checking him out played a part in it ending. I always believe eveything happens for a reason. The man I am curently interested in is 10 years older than me....so I guess age is just a number! :bigsmile:
  • raiderrodney
    raiderrodney Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    17 years younger and 12 years younger are the biggest gap I've dated....and I got along better with them than anyone else I've dated thus far :/
  • Begood03
    Begood03 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    16 years is the biggest for me.
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    The man I love and live with (and have for a year and a half) is 40 and I am 28. We are really very well matched and have a lot in common.
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    When I was 19 I dated a 25 year old for a while. My husband is 4 years older than me. I've just never been interested in men significantly older than me.
  • karinaes
    karinaes Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    i'm 23 and my bf is 35

we've been together for over an year :heart:
  • nfgchick79
    nfgchick79 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm 32 and my fiance is 23 (almost 24). I look younger and he looks older so that helps!
  • erintheinspiration
    erintheinspiration Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    When I was 26 I went on a couple of dates with a guy that had just turned 40. I think I was still more mature than he was! LOL! Hence the "couple of dates"! :wink:
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    At 26, I dated a 45 year old man and I was treated like a princess....until my independent back bone got tired of being told "that's ok because you're a female." MF please.
    But seriously, I've dated across the board, and it all depends on the upbringing and the sense God gave them. I've met some seriously awesome younger guys and I've really enjoyed my older men. It's like a box of chocolates, just dive in ;)
  • skeetpea
    skeetpea Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    When I was 22 I met my soon to be husband who was 31. We are 9.5 years apart. I am now 31 and he is 41. :bigsmile:

ETA: the funny thing is, my birthday is in May and his is in December! :drinker:
  • garnetsms
    garnetsms Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    I typically lean toward older men (as many of you have stated). The largest gap though was 13 yrs. I met my first son's father when I was 20, he was 33. We dated for 2 yrs, and was married for 3 yrs. He passed away Nov 2010 at 48 yrs old.
    I try to stay around no more than 10 yrs older, but have even tried a little younger...was that quite the experiance!!!!
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    When I was 36 I dated a 19 year old. It didn't take long for me to realize that it wasn't going to work out longterm.
  • snaus70
    Options
    I am so glad to see all the 10+year age gaps that have worked! I am 41 and my boyfriend just turned 30. I used to only like older men, hooked up with my bf through chance and we have been together 5 years now and going strong. He is wiser and more mature than men I have dated who were 12 years older than me. So it really is all about the individual! He says he doesn't mind the age difference but I sometimes worry about being "old" while he is still middle aged (say in 20 years or so, LOL). But it is a major motivation to stay active, look good, and drop the extra 25 lbs or so that have led me to be here!
  • Ladyhawk71
    Ladyhawk71 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    When i was 23 I dated a 45 yr old, so that's um, 22 yrs?? lol yeah, (he had the body of a 25 yr old!!) it lasted maybe a year, and then he got together with a high school flame that was in his line of business.

My dad actually; after mom died he married a lady that was in his line of business and there is at least 20yrs between them.
    My current man is only 4yrs my elder :D :P lol. We are a playful adventurous couple!!
  • garnetsms
    garnetsms Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    At 26, I dated a 45 year old man and I was treated like a princess....until my independent back bone got tired of being told "that's ok because you're a female." MF please.
    But seriously, I've dated across the board, and it all depends on the upbringing and the sense God gave them. I've met some seriously awesome younger guys and I've really enjoyed my older men. It's like a box of chocolates, just dive in ;)

You know it girl!!!
  • dmf711
    dmf711 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I'm 21 and my boyfriend is 26... we've known each other for 3 years now so the age difference feels a bit smaller. However, it really sticks to me when I think about my future. He's getting out of the Army and I graduated college, so he wants to settle down and start a family while I still feel like I have a lot of living left to do. I'm also from New York and he's from North Carolina so it's going to be a bumpy ride!
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    It is great to hear about all the successful relationships with the age gaps. I have had two long-term relationships that were close in age range. They were both disasters so maybe I should be looking for someone quite a bit older or younger. Sounds exciting! :)