Have you seen the ocean?

Options
167891012»

Replies

• bexkee
    bexkee Posts: 20
    Options
    I live in New Zealand. I'm within a 15 minute drive of the ocean. But most of us are. : )
  • Jessifer123
    Options
    Grew up in PA/NJ spent many weekends at the shore! Now live in FL about a 20 minute drive from the Gulf, though I don't get there as much as i'd like.
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I live in Minnesota; nowhere near an ocean, but I've been fortunate enough to see three :smile:
  • brandynicole28
    brandynicole28 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Grew up in SC, lived 45 minutes from Myrtle Beach. Then as an adult I lived 30 minutes away. Spent nearly every summer at the beach. I have been in Texas for 10 years now, and the Gulf is great and all, it just doesn't compare to the beauty of miles and miles of nothing but sand, surf, and horizon! Guess living on the East Coast for 2/3 of my life spoiled me. The ocean is what I miss the most about SC.
  • leogirl724
    Options
    it's about 20 minutes from my house...atlantic ocean
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    First saw the ocean at the age of 49. I've always had a fear of open water but living on Guam for over a year got me over it. Learned how to go snorkeling. Loved it, I miss that place. I'd sit on my balcony for hours just watching the ocean (Philippine Sea).
  • HollyRutledge
    HollyRutledge Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I live on the coast, It's so great being out with the sea :)
  • 2012x
    2012x Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hometown 10min from coast.
    Use always drive there watch the waves it would relax me.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    I live in the UK where nowhere is more than 70 miles from the coast! I think I've dipped my toe in from most sides of the country.
  • RockaholicMama
    RockaholicMama Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I've seen it many a times, but my mother-in-law has never seen it once. I find that strange. I don't know why. She's been close, but never gone.
  • joannea1988
    Options
    my home is right on the sea front its a lovely view, my daughter loves the beach. i moved inland for a few years and i couldnt take it., i like to be near the sea x
  • kandyjay
    kandyjay Posts: 265
    Options
    I live on the coast, It's so great being out with the sea :)

same here. East coast of canada, 10 minutes 3 different beaches.
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    I grew up around 20 minutes driving from the ocean. My mom lives 5 minutes walking from the ocean now ^^ I live 5 minutes walking from the ocean now (somewhere else though). Actually, I only seem to live near the ocean -- its like its forever calling me XD I dont think id feel comfortable living away from it...its so beautiful. *-*
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I grew up on the west coast of Scotland and the furthest I've lived inland was when I lived in Maastricht, in the very south of the Netherlands.

I now live 6miles from the North Sea coast.
  • sannachi
    Options
    I live about 10 minutes from Baltic sea if that counts. :D And I've seen Mediterranean sea too!
  • BetterWithAge
    Options
    I used to live in a coastal town in California. I have seen the Pacific from the coast of California and Hawaii and the Atlantic at Cocoa Beach, Florida.
  • ShaneWinston58
    Options
    Several, as a matter of fact! 8]:bigsmile:
  • newfieborn
    Options
    I've seen the Atlantic, Pacific, Carribean, & the Sea of Cortez... maybe someday I'll get to the Mediterrainian or the Adriatic.
    I have been in the Atlantic, Pacific, Gulf of Mexico, and all of the Great Lakes.

Great Lakes are oceans??

No, but the sunset on Lake Michigan looks like an ocean, it so large you cannot see the other coast! Its truely lovely.

I am in awe of the Great Lakes everytime I fly over one... I don't understand why they are not considered seas

because seas are saltwater. the great lakes are fresh water.

LOL. Great answer. Made me laugh.