Apple Cider Vinegar and Virgin Coconut Oil

Options

Replies

• lorimer321
    Options
    Bump
  • fabulousby45
    Options
    This is def interesting...bump for later!
  • Spamee
    Spamee Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    This is an interesting thread. I use Coconut oil for my scars.
    I have never cooked with it or ate in on toast or what not. I may try that. I have Hypothyroid symptoms but my tests are normal.
    I found my coconut oil at the vitamin shoppe- they had many brands, prices & sizes.

I think I will give the ACVinegar a try too. Thought abou tit a year ago....Is it hard to find the organic? Will Trader Joes have it?
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    This is an interesting thread. I use Coconut oil for my scars.
    I have never cooked with it or ate in on toast or what not. I may try that. I have Hypothyroid symptoms but my tests are normal.
    I found my coconut oil at the vitamin shoppe- they had many brands, prices & sizes.

I think I will give the ACVinegar a try too. Thought abou tit a year ago....Is it hard to find the organic? Will Trader Joes have it?

Amazon is your friend.
  • shellyt1
    shellyt1 Posts: 119
    Options
    So buying ACV and coonut oil. I have a coconut oil diet book I might have to dig it up and read up on it again.
  • demery12371
    demery12371 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • deb54
    deb54 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Sounds interesting...thanks for sharing...bump
  • Jess7170
    Jess7170 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    wow...bumping this to read later.
  • LilacDreamer
    Options
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003B3OOPA/ref=oh_o00_s00_i00_details
    Organic, unrefined Extra Virgin Coconut oil, for $6.80 (subscribe and save option, which you can set to ship every 6 months, and then go into your account and CANCEL the subscribe and save future shipments so you will only get the 1 shipment)
  • StrongGwen
    StrongGwen Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I use the virgin coconut oil on my entire body. I did my research on it. It does rev up your metabolism but I tried it for the sole benefit of my hypothyroid condition. My meds have now dropped from 50mg to 7.5 mg and the doctor says that he thinks I don't need my thyroid medicine anymore. He is amazed. I am too! The weight is falling off me and who can't be happy about that?

I'm also on thyroid meds and wondering how much VCO you use? I'm using some but not regularly, due to the calories. I know that Tosca Reno (of the Eat Clean Diet books fame & Oxygen magazine) swears by it. She takes 3 TBS daily as a "therapeutic dose" but if you're taking it as medicine, don't you still have to count the calories?

I love the taste of the VCO, take mine straight off the spoon but I warm it up in a bowl of hot water first. YUMMY!
  • LilacDreamer
    Options
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003B3OOPA/ref=oh_o00_s00_i00_details
    Organic, unrefined Extra Virgin Coconut oil, for $6.80 (subscribe and save option, which you can set to ship every 6 months, and then go into your account and CANCEL the subscribe and save future shipments so you will only get the 1 shipment)

bumping this
  • fibrogirl
    fibrogirl Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Bump:bigsmile:
  • StrongGwen
    StrongGwen Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    It must be Virgin Coconut Oil, used for consumption, cooking. I buy mine at Trader Joe's and it comes in a glass jar 16 oz. for only $5.99. I place the bottle in hot tap water and let it melt and I take 3 Tablespoons each morning. Remember that if you don't watch your calories you can gain weight. I have found it gives me tons of energy, it has stablized my thyroid almost to the point that I don't need thyroid meds anymore. Maybe it has helped me because of health conditions. Everyone is different. It's worth a try and if you don't see a difference, you can always use it for a deep hair treatment before shampooing, as a body moisturizer, shaving, and cooking in place of butter i.e.; scrabbled eggs. It's also know to cause heart racing effects, so you may want to start off slow, with 1 teaspoon. I didn't experience this but some others have. Google the topic of using VCO and decide for yourself.

what is ACV ? there is 41 acronym of it:

Apple Cider Vinegar

http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/ACV
  • alabughosh
    alabughosh Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • chanson104
    Options
    I use ACV on my salads and cook with coconut oil. I have had good success with losing weight. I'm thinking that this has contributed.
  • tmoyer1209
    tmoyer1209 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    what ever you do dont burp soon after drinking that glass of acv water. Some one might think you are a douche bag.
    and by your comment someone might think you are socially unacceptable.

Hear, hear!!
  • Artfox
    Options
    We are doing both. Midwest winters and indoor heat makes for dry skin and lips. Coconut oil and/or coconut water tastes great in smoothies! Add some pineapple and you have a virgin Pina Colada!
  • sandram82
    sandram82 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kent4j
    kent4j Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm interesting
  • clb51
    clb51 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    bump