Personal trainer wanting to help:)

Options

Replies

• Vash41288
    Options
    I wanna know If I'm on a good track, I do good workouts through out the week
    Started P90x2 Monday
    on top of that I go to Gym 4 times a week for at least 2 hours
    at least one hour of cardio a day.

However I'm not sure if I'm eating too much or not enough.
    Sometimes It tells me that I should eat more so body does not go to starvation mode (that red warning)
    but what I eat through out the day gets me pretty full
    any help would be appreciated Thank you so much.(side note food wise I am on a budget recently so I try to work with what I can)
  • nessaryan
    nessaryan Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • adriana_hackney
    adriana_hackney Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Hi nate :) thanks so much for the help btw. Anyway, here's my question. Iv'e never worked out before EVER....so 9 days ago I started Jillian Michaels 30 day shred and 20 min of elliptical per day (I plan on upping my elliptical minutes over time) . Is ok for me to do this everyday...or do I need a rest day??
  • ysamatar
    ysamatar Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Thank you Nate!
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    BUMP !
  • salsera_barbie
    salsera_barbie Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    What can I do to prevent feeling sick after a tough workout?
  • allnewskinnyme
    allnewskinnyme Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Bump :) Nate, you're an absolute legend for doing this!
  • chattipatty2
    chattipatty2 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Hi Nate, Im 47 y.o. 5'4, 168 lbs. My ideal would be about 145. But even when I was that, no matter what I did, i carried a pouch in my belly. Previously working out a year ago, wasnt paying attention to my intake, thus wasnt losing. Now I am.
    My questions are:
    1. I love elipitcal, is there any "upper body/core" cardio I can do? I am thinking Zumba but not very coordinated. Anything else?
    2. Is it true not to start strength training till some of this core fat is off?
    3. Not meeting my vitamin or calorie rec intake everyday. Can you look over my food too? (Minus the wine on valentines day that is)...

hi, do chest press, assisted chinups, squats, and planks in a circuit training fashion, so maybe nonstop for 5 or 10 minutes. Please do both strength training and cardio for the best results, in that order also. Your diet looks good, just keep it as clean as possible.

Really? That was the best straight forward advice I have EVER recieved. I:heart: Nate!!!!! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you so much!!!!
  • abigailm83
    Options
    bump
  • bellawares
    bellawares Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Bump to read later!
  • NellaSweet
    Options
    Bump, bump, bump u r a prayer answered.
  • charliesmagic
    Options
    Bump to follow thread :bigsmile:
  • Claire594
    Claire594 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • tripgrunt
    tripgrunt Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    with so much interest in this topic, maybe a new forum category or group could be created by any trainers using MFP to help motivate & give advice? just think that would be a more organized way of tracking advice, etc and multiple trainers would help lighten the load also (nate has 300+ friends, guy is gonna be busy lol).
  • petreebird
    petreebird Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Bump to follow....you rock Nate!!!