How the heck do you eat COTTAGE CHEESE?!

Options

Replies

• JBrandvold
    Options
    Never. Or any other kind of dairy. It is not necessary to a healthy diet, and can even be detrimental!
  • messyinthekitchen
    messyinthekitchen Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    With cinnamon and sweetener, or no sugar jam mixed in. I add fruit too it. Or I mix it up with some pumpkin puree, a little nutmeg and sweeter with some ice and a little mix and make a smoothie out of it.
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I :heart: Cottage Cheese and eat it almost every day for breakfast.

I use the 1.5% fat variety (22 Calories for 30g) and Waitrose is the best... IMHO (I'm in the UK)

I cannot stand anything added to my cottage cheese apart from ground black pepper - sorry, but adding fruit is just wrong on so many levels :sick: :noway:

I have mine on Ryvita (cracked black pepper variety) with smoked salmon slices or lean smoked ham on top. So delicious and filling :tongue: :love:

It's nice with a salad too or mixed with prawns and a touch of ketchup for the cocktail sauce effect on a baked potato. :bigsmile:
  • redcut
    redcut Posts: 176
    Options
    I either eat it plain with a little pepper on it or add fruit like pineapple or peaches
  • lucky_74
    Options
    I'm not a huge fan of eating it on its' own.
    I usually by the dry curd version and will either make "pancakes" from it or make a super healthy version of a cheesecake.

If you want details on how to make them I'll post this info.

Thanks!
  • littleaprilina
    Options
    I can't eat a lot of it plain.
    I like mine mixed with tuna on top of Triscuts or mixed into a salad.
    My favorite is some cottage cheese mixed with salsa on top of Wheat Thins.
    Yum.
  • mrlazy1967
    mrlazy1967 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Nobody actually eats COTTAGE CHEESE - you buy it, put it in the fridge and then bin it when it's out of date
  • iuangina
    iuangina Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I don't
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I've just always liked it! Now I have an excuse to eat it a lot! You can add stuff to it, like cinnamon and raisins (really good!), or even a little chocolate or maple syrup. It's always good!
  • FlyByJuly
    FlyByJuly Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I like mine simple...just a sprinkle of pepper and a few flakes of crushed red pepper. There's something about eating it with a spoon that just gags me. Don't know why. I gotta use a fork.
  • savdbygrac
    Options
    It melts in soups beautifully! Goes great on home made pizzas for the cheese part. If you don't care for the chunks, puree it so it's smooth! We love it on salads also, helps dressings go further!
  • Templetough
    Options
    I eat it for breakfast with a little shake of salt and pepper on wheat toast believe it or not!
  • rllewell
    rllewell Posts: 234
    Options
    I eat it almost every morning, mixing it with berries and yogurt.
  • R2che
    R2che Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Nobody actually eats COTTAGE CHEESE - you buy it, put it in the fridge and then bin it when it's out of date

:):)
  • Duckz1
    Duckz1 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I love the ideas here!
  • rima933
    rima933 Posts: 151 Member
    Options

:):)
    LMAO
  • rima933
    Options
    Ok so from the comments i read:
    1) eat with pineapples or other fruits
    2) with salt and pepper
    3) with lasagna or other cooked foods or salads.

You all make it sound so good! I will try all of these out and let you all know how it was. THANKS for the ideas and comments!
  • rima933
    Options
    I'm a cheese-hater so the odd time I buy it for the sake of protein it's to make Strawberry Cheesecake Smoothies. 1/2 cup ff low sodium cc, 1/2 cup 1% milk, 1 cup strawberries, 1/2 tsp vanilla extract and 2 packets of sweetener = awesomeness!

Nutrition: 204 cals, 342mg sodium, 1g fat, 30g carbs, 20g protein, 6g fiber

Here's my photo;

Picture514.jpg

Wow such beautiful presentation! You look like you live in a beach-house in some tropical place! Sounds wonderful. Whats ff low sodium cc?(the ff part)
  • dbaumgarn
    Options
    I like it by itself, with pineapple, with crackers...yummy!
  • itsuki
    itsuki Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I don't, lol

My mother and sister both love it - they get different kinds with different fruits, and I've tried them all, but no thanks.:noway:

If you try some suggestions here and you still don't like it, don't sweat it. You don't have to eat it if you don't like it!