INSANE chicks!!!

Options

Replies

• princesspurple
    Options
    krazzybebe----i too am prego-due in 5 weeks-cannot wait until i can workout hard again!!!! i was on my second round of insanity when i got pregnant-cant wait to get back on it!!
  • auroradnicole
    Options
    Just started insanity and having a difficult time with the strength part and now I am thinking I am insane for buying the DVD I really don't want to give up but get extremely tired after the work out and I have 2 little girls to tend to at home. Do I need to purchase some type of "recovery formula" cause I don't want to feel so drained after the workouts!

Try N-Xplode. My husband got me to use it starting this past Sunday and WOW the energy difference. I have two little girls also and when there are time when I need to workout at 6am and after Insanity my energy is drained. Not no more!! After I rest for about 30 mins, I'm ready to go about my day.

Now berry flavored mix I don't like to much. I'm going to try punch next. So it you do have to get use to the taste. After a few days it's not so bad lol

I found drinking a recovery formula makes a HUGE difference. I didn't get the BeachBody brand b/c the reviews didn't sound that great. Instead, we tried Endurox R4 [http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00029F5M2] and like it a lot. The lemon/lime flavor is actually pretty good. [Kind of like lime jell-o]

We're in the middle of month 2 now and I need to drink it while working out just to get through it. [Used to drink it immediately after in month one]
  • auroradnicole
    Options
    Oh I want to point out - in women it's come to not see a weight loss in the first month. I searched it up and asked other women about it. They didn't see a weight drop until the second month.

Week 4 I lost 2lbs
    Recovery week I dropped 5lbs
    Week 5 I didn't gain nor lose
    Week 6 I lost 3lbs

You will see those inches move though! I measure myself weekly...you'll be amazed!!

Thanks for sharing!! I expected the weight to melt off and it wasn't so I was a little frustrated but that makes sense now. The inches lost is what kept me going. It's such a great workout I'm definitely going to stick with it and see what happens in the next month

I was in the same boat during the first month... actually GAINED 9 pounds, which was a bit depressing. [Think it was because I was more hungry from the workouts and not eating as well as I should b/c I thought I had more leeway b/c I was working out]

The added weight is dropping pretty fast in month 2 though which is encouraging.
  • michelleisgettinfit
    Options
    Just did my fit test today... OH MAN! I think I am in for it. I have been doing TurboFire and thought I was fit... but that kicked my butt! LOL
  • linz0004
    Options
    Tomorrow is my last day of week 2 of Insanity and I'm totally totally addicted. I love it. Even when I wake up and don't feel like it, eventually i find myself craving it. I was thinking about doing P90x after insanity and i was just wondering (for all of you who have done both and are doing hybrid programs) what are some similarities and differences between the two programs? Does one work better than another? Did you lose more weight with one? I'm just wondering if I should spend the money on p90x as well :) thanks. I had fun reading all of your posts, you guys are so inspiring!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is my last day of week 2 of Insanity and I'm totally totally addicted. I love it. Even when I wake up and don't feel like it, eventually i find myself craving it. I was thinking about doing P90x after insanity and i was just wondering (for all of you who have done both and are doing hybrid programs) what are some similarities and differences between the two programs? Does one work better than another? Did you lose more weight with one? I'm just wondering if I should spend the money on p90x as well :) thanks. I had fun reading all of your posts, you guys are so inspiring!

P90X is a great, well awesome strength training program. If it weren't for P90X I wouldn't have been ready for Insanity. I now do the two as part of a hybrid. The plyometrics in P90X is slower and more controlled than Insanity, but it still gives you a great workout. The stretch and Yoga DVD's in P90X are sooo needed. I highly recommend P90X with Insanity after you are done with your round of insanity.
  • sendingallmylove
    Options
    I just did my fit test today! I am exhausted!
  • BizReynoldsS
    Options
    I'm starting Insanity today! I've been working out 5 times a week doing Ripped and some P90X (strength) Zumba and Six Week Six Pack Abs.. ( as you can see I get bored and like to mix it up ) However for the past 2 months nothing is happening with my body.. I did loose 10 lbs in Nov - Dec and inches (which really its all about the inches for me) BUT I'm at a plateau.. need to switch it up a bit.. so I'm thinking this program may be the ticket.. Any tips? Do I really need a HRM?
  • DoingitWell
    DoingitWell Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Currently ding p90x for inches lost but i am going to try insanity soon. My friends and I all have different beach body products so we just switch them out.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    I have done a couple of rounds of this last year and NEEDED to give my back a REST! Besides being a kick *kitten* workout it is extremely hard on your back! You may see me around, I am in another mileage challenge but may consider getting INSANE till summer arrives! Best wishes chickas!!!
  • BizReynoldsS
    Options
    I have done a couple of rounds of this last year and NEEDED to give my back a REST! Besides being a kick *kitten* workout it is extremely hard on your back! You may see me around, I am in another mileage challenge but may consider getting INSANE till summer arrives! Best wishes chickas!!!

Oh really? I have a herniated disc in my back.. hmm.. something I guess I will have to consider.. thanks for the heads up.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    I found out a month ago I have a bulged disc so it is no wonder I was seeing a chiro on a weekly basis while doing Insanity. There are soooo many moves where you drop to the floor and do a full body movement and then VERY quickly JUMP back up! They do not call this series INSANE for nothing!!
  • kwortham
    kwortham Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I am just starting today so I can use all the tips I can get. :smile:
  • princesscookiepops
    Options
    Thanks for posting this info I am on day 12 of Insanity and I haven't had any weight loss yet. I wasn't getting discouraged, I can feel myself getting stronger. I was wondering why it wasn't showing on the scale.
  • Happy916
    Happy916 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I did Insanity for one day and couldn't walk afterwards for a few days. Did anyone else have that problem?
  • stacyll
    stacyll Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    insanity is really good cardio but it killed my calves! i had a hard time doing it and teaching my regular fitness classes. i have skipped around reading but what i'd like is to just do the videos a few days a week not every single day. it just doesn't fit with all the other things i have going on. i crash and burn. anybody else doing insanity on a modified schedule?
  • kwortham
    kwortham Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Happy916, I feel your pain. Yesterday was my first day and I woke up so SORE today. I did push through and completed Day 2, though.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    I did Insanity for one day and couldn't walk afterwards for a few days. Did anyone else have that problem?

Your muscles are just getting used to some of the new moves. That initial pain will pass. Aleve gelcaps will help.
  • BizReynoldsS
    Options
    Starting Week 2 today! I love it however, I'm a little nervous every time I hit the 'play' button... but with Shaun T yelling at me, I push through to the end! LOL
  • browneyes55
    Options
    Just started the program today ( only did the fit test and OMG it was tough!!)... does anyone have any tips they can give me from their experience!?!?