How the heck do you eat COTTAGE CHEESE?!

Options

Replies

• Gwenski
    Gwenski Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I can't imagine eating fruit with cottage cheese.. seems odd to me. I do love cottage cheese though. I usually have it as a side at lunch with fat-free chicken or turkey sliced, some raw veggies, maybe some hummus, and a slice of whole grain bread or a few low-fat/low sodium crackers. I love the cool, creamy texture and the nice bit of salt in it
  • DiannaMoorer
    DiannaMoorer Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    I don't like the nasty stuff. But my mom eats it with pears.
  • Nalgh94
    Nalgh94 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I never understood why so many people dislike cottage cheese, I absolutely love it! Sometimes when I want to mix it up, I add some thyme to it so good
  • Piglet_26
    Options
    COTTAGE CHEESE & PINEAPPLE = BEST COMBO EVER!!!!!!!!!!

This ^^^^^

On Rivita crackers or on salad om nom :)
  • i usually eat about 1 pound of cottage cheese for dinner :)

i slice up 2 kiwis(for the fiber and the sugar content) + add 2-3 tbsp of splenda and make a little bit of a glazing out of it on the pan and then add it to the cottage cheese, tastes soo good.

if i don't have time ill just slice up the 2 kiwis and put it in with the cottage cheese and just add the splenda on the top it works to sweeten it a bit more, seems almost like a high protein desert :)
  • JennW130
    JennW130 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    i like putting it ontop of fruit cocktail
  • jessrex
    jessrex Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    i love to add a fruit cup of pineapples to mine (it's usually the only fruit cup that's packed in juice rather than syrup), or i add up to a tablespoon of cocoa powder per standard serving size.
  • lindathome
    lindathome Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Yep, with a spoon - just like that. I LOVE cottage cheese - actually I like it way too much. Probably why I like Greek Yogurt too - I like the tang/salty taste.
  • shellyt1
    shellyt1 Posts: 119
    Options
    Yes it can be salty, I like Daisy brand because in doen't have alot of other things in it. Plain or with fruit is good, I add it to my oatmeal to pump up the protien!
  • cnsmith2
    cnsmith2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    small curd fan over here... and laughing a bit because I'm actually eating some right now, straight out of the container lol
  • Rosalindgr
    Rosalindgr Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    love cottage cheese! I eat with a spoon(lol!) I add fruit strawberry, pineapples or peaches.
  • Mehagon
    Options
    With cinnamon and sugar free preserves, it's quite lovely. :)
  • tiamaria3
    tiamaria3 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I don't eat it ,i've tried it once and never did again :noway:
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I grew up eating it with pineapple
    my son prefers his with applesauce.
  • CatharinaC
    Options
    I love it plain, or as an evening snack : 1 part cottage cheese + 1 part yogurt + favorite fruit = Yummy
  • Peppychristian
    Peppychristian Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I mix mine with applesauce. ( I use applesauce for baking instead of butter or margarine.)

I do this too, what a difference.

I like low curd with fruit. I am glad you posted this. I just bought some and forgot I had it.
  • onmywaytoskinny155
    onmywaytoskinny155 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Hate it! It's gross and nasty and even after you chew it there are still lumps in it.
  • fattybumandtum
    fattybumandtum Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Buy the cottage cheese with pineapple much nicer
  • FrozenTundra511
    FrozenTundra511 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Straight out of the container......yum!
  • Fit4_Life
    Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Add sugar free pistachio pudding mix and low fat whip cream to cottage cheese. You can add nuts in it too. Very tasty. Someone is always bringing this "dessert" to a potluck..cuz' it is so simple.