Whats your least favorite thing someone has said to you abou

Options

Replies

• DinahKyle
    DinahKyle Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    At work there was cake and when I refused saying that I was still doing well on my diet one of my "friends" said (in quite a loud voice) that I looked "better". It might not sound that bad but it made me wonder why she would word it that way...Last time I checked saying "you look good/great/healthy/happy" were all acceptable. Saying that I look "better" feels like a compliment and an insult rolled into one.
  • ChRiStA_1983
    ChRiStA_1983 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    When a girl looked me over and said "No offence, but you look like you would run the slowest out of us."
    I wanted to punch her!

Like, how could someone NOT take offense to that comment?! lol
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    "Are you REALLY going to measure that?!"
    ..No, I am just putting it in a measuring cup...
  • Akijade
    Akijade Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    "You're still on your fitness kick, huh?"
    "You can't eat that. You're on a diet."

Both of those make me rage.
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    "Are you still 'doing calories'?"

As if 'doing calories' is a fad diet.

Half of me wants to respond with "Are you still not paying attention to what you shove in your pie hole every day?"
  • amyz12
    Options
    My grandmother would mention tell me that I had gained weight.... duh! I hadn't noticed!

And another thing that had me spitting fire, while shopping with a friend.... she says out loud, "Nope, I'm not quite a size 0 yet" She KNOWS I've packed on the pounds as she had just given me her 'fat' clothes a few weeks before. I dunno, I just thought it was a *****y thing to say. She's my ex friend.... now... for this and other reasons......
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    "You look different...I think it's the new glasses."

(Note, the "new glasses" were several months old; the weight loss was new.)

I remember getting the "did you done something different with your hair?" a lot at the beginning.
    Yeah i took about 20 pounds off of the thing underneath it.

LOL I Love your response to the hair comment. HAhahahahahahahahaha.
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Ooooo, or when someone says "You DO NOT look like you have had two kids!!"

YES I DO. That makes me so mad. Do not insinuate that every woman who has kids is fat. Having children does not equal fat. Having kids has nothing to do with your weight!!!!!!!!!! I always want to rip head off when people tell me that.
  • 9kilos2loose
    Options
    What horrible people we all have in our lives!

I get "at least you have a pretty face" kind of a compliment, kind of not
  • JadeRabbit08
    JadeRabbit08 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    "people who count calories are stupid, just eat healthy" - the person knows full well that I count calories.

"counting calories doesn't work" :mad: :explode:

when I first started on MFP a year ago, I was talking about it (apparently too often) with a coworker who was also overweight. She commented a few times that I was too "obsessed" with counting calories and worrying about what I ate.

So...fast forward one year. I've lost 45 pounds, kept it off, love running and feel awesome and healthy. Right after New Year's this coworker decided to go on the Tim Ferris "4 hour diet" eating plan...she's dropped 15 pounds so far, which I have complimented her on...and when I asked if she counted calories on this plan (since I don't know much about it) she was like "oh no...I just eat all the healthy foods on the plan and do my cheat day once a week and I don't HAVE to count calories, it's way easier than what you do" Hmm. I'm happy for her since it's working for her, but she's still acting like my way of doing things is a problem...um...ok. Whatever.

Yeah, people seem to be so bothered by the fact that I'm counting calories, probably because you can visibly see that it's working & they're like jealous or something?

Another thing that gets on my nerves is "How many calories are in this?" "How do you know how many calories are in food?" -- How can someone not know that most, if not all food has nutritional information on the packaging?! *Friend points at vending machine & says- "How many calories are in those crisps?" *I look at vending machine & say - 137 "How do you know that?", well maybe because the calories are written on the front of the packet!

Thats is funny. Its like they think you have some kind of calorie counting super power.
  • Chicketi
    Chicketi Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    When i went from 200 to 135 during my final yrs of high school (healthy diet and through weight watchers) my one friend said this to me:

``God I wish I could look like you, but I still want to eat.``

Also my employer would give me lunch and often just toss me a paper bag on the side and say:`

`for later when you want to throw it up``
  • heymayer
    heymayer Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm a high school librarian. We have a teacher who makes amazingly good cupcakes, and always shares them with staff. She sent one my way on Friday and my Student Assistant (I have one every class period) begged me to give her my cupcake. Knowing how good they are, and having had a very light breakfast, I wasn't about to give it up.

Her response?

"You're just gonna get fat again. If you eat that cupcake you're gonna blow everything and balloon right back up to where you were."

How disrespectful , I would never dare to ask any thing like that from the people of my college ( or when I was in high school)or or talk to them that way.

I hope you told the student how inappropriate the behavior was.

Oh, I did. And then I made sure to eat the cupcake in front of her. In 2 bites. Making "mmmm....ohhhhhmigawd...." noises the entire time. :)
  • jellybeanhed313
    jellybeanhed313 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    This was a looooog time ago in high school, but I don't think any words have ever cut so deep.

"You only exist to make girls like %#^@ look better"

%#^@ was a super skinny girl who ran in the same circle of friends as me.
  • VeganInTraining
    VeganInTraining Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    My boss just called me emaciated. I got upset when people called me fat (my bro was the only one who really did that) but calling me emaciated pretty much infuriated me!
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    'You feel bony when I hug you'

Seriously... I'm 5'9" and 145 pounds - I am far from bony.
  • ladyfox1979
    ladyfox1979 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    If you lose all the weight your *kitten* is still gonna stay the same. To be honest they are right.but it still hurts.
  • Hernandeak11
    Hernandeak11 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    When I compliment someone who's lost weight:

"Wow, you look really great!"

When someone else 'compliments' me for losing weight:

"Hey! You're not fat anymore!"

:\
  • sevencallmemom
    sevencallmemom Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I really love the reminders that I'm still fatter than they are or that I still weigh more (even though I'm 3 sizes smaller than they are now)...yep that's WAY helpful.
  • Schula03
    Schula03 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Guys always think its ok to comment, I always get "when are you due"? I am hoping my gross profile pic will keep me on track :smile:

:sad: That made me tear up!!!!
  • Classalete
    Classalete Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    do-you-even-lift-thumb.jpg