How the heck do you eat COTTAGE CHEESE?!

Options
167891012»

Replies

• rima933
    rima933 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    i dont. it grosses me out!

ME too! Even after this topic i posted i cant get myself to eat it its gross!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • epursey
    epursey Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I like the 2% large curd. My favorite add in is leftover grilled pineapple. Since that does not happen often, pepper is my next favorite. I also use it for lasagna because I am not fond of ricotta.
  • mlrod1914
    mlrod1914 Posts: 15
    Options
    I grew up eating it from the middle of half a cantaloupe. I love it that way!
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    Last night I had 1/2 a cup over some sliced strawberries with just a little honey.
    It was the best treat ever!

I use to hate cottage cheese to, now I crave it all the time.
  • kristelpoole
    kristelpoole Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    This thread got me craving. I bought some yesterday and had it as my mid-morning snack today - 1/2 c large curd cottage cheese and 1/2 c pinapple. Yum!!!!
  • jj3120
    jj3120 Posts: 358
    Options
    yum, so many great idea's for cottage cheese!! I like it plain, with fruit or in a lasagna. I used to use it in a lemon cheesecake but that's off my menu now!

I am def going to try it in a smoothie!
  • Brittany6709
    Brittany6709 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have recently started eating it as a snack or at breakfast, because it is very filling! I like it on a piece of toast, or over 1 scrambled egg white and 1 scrambled egg. It's pretty good!
  • whirligig24
    whirligig24 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Small curd low- fat on sliced tomatoes. Yum!
  • Virginia90
    Virginia90 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Mmm! I like it plain or on toast! I've never tried it with fruit, but the thought almost makes me feel sick...maybe someday I'll get the guts to try it!
  • 7funnygirl7
    7funnygirl7 Posts: 1,176
    Options
    I put mine (small curd) on a slice of toast with cucumber and black pepper~ I also make a jello dessert with it in it...Yummy
  • JennBona
    JennBona Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I've tried to eat it plain and I just can't do it...Ive heard from a friend to mix it with my oatmeal so that's what I do and its yummy...lots of other great ideas on here though that I will try :)
  • Nikki206
    Nikki206 Posts: 69
    Options
    GOOD IDEAS!!! Bump =)
  • klakers3
    klakers3 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Who knew there were so many ways to eat cottage cheese! Thanks for all the great ideas!
  • KimmieSue2011
    KimmieSue2011 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I make a dip/sauce for fish tacos or mexican-y chicken:

1 avocado
    1 c cottage cheese
    1 c fresh cilantro
    a couple cloves garlic
    pinch salt
    pinch sugar
    a bit of the water that comes off the top of greek plain yogurt
    lemon juice

blend it all up and it makes a great cilantro/avocado dip or sauce for mexican food.
  • samb330
    samb330 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I love Fat Free cottage cheese. I eat it plain, with cantalope (spelling?) If I want it sweet. With tomatoes or salsa for a little salty. So yummy!!!
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    I don't think I've ever had "salty" flavored cottage cheese. In my opinion it doesn't have too much of a flavor to it, and the people who don't like it tend to not like it because of the texture (understandable).

Anyway, I eat both 1% and 4% plain, in protein shakes, or in lasagna.
  • LReneeWalker
    LReneeWalker Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Yum! It's on of my favs!! I love canned peaches and cottage cheese. I love it with salt and pepper and crackers. A friend of mine eats it on her tacos. I haven't ventured that far. But I do use in place of ricotta for lasagna, I just blend it with and egg and herbs and parm cheese. HUGE money saver. I do also enjoy cottage cheese, mandarin oranges and a packet of low fat whatever flavored jello you like. That is heaven!! There is also a cherry one that my mom used to make. It's fab!

I do the mandarin oranges/jello...love it!