what is the ideal age to get engaged/married?

Options

Replies

• PamJ413
    PamJ413 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    NEVER........but if you REALLY want to id say mid 20s

I agree with the NEVER part.

I agree with these!!
  • MRBARWICKRHODES
    Options
    offically the stats (in the uk) show you are least likely to get divorced if you marry in your ealy 30's
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I was engaged at 19 and married at 22. I was young but didn't feel the need to wait. We had been best friends for years and knew we would stay together. We waited 5 years after that before having children, so had lots of couple time doing our own thing.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    What's with the long engagements?

We got engaged on New Year's and I was set on a September wedding, but I wanted at least a year to plan it. Our #1 venue and photographer were also both booked the entire year immediately following our engagement.

But that's just us. I loved it and had virtually no stress.

We got engaged in our first year of uni. It was always our intention to get married as soon as we graduated.
  • wjewell
    wjewell Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    28-34? lol Sounds like a good age..
  • leahhugh
    leahhugh Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I was engaged at 19, and married 5 months later when I was 20. I was with my husband for four years before we got married. Spent two years of our relationship only seeing eachother once every two months, until we were married and moved to England (he is military). May 7 will be our one year anniversary!

Id say it all depends!
  • EllieMo
    EllieMo Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Never! :)
  • Ro0kins_Wedding
    Options
    I'm 35 and i'm getting married this year.
  • minnesota
    minnesota Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    30! I was married at 25 and I believe I was too darn young.
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    When u can afford it, fiscally, emotionally, and spiritaully. For me, itll be about 25
  • 412HeavyLifter
    412HeavyLifter Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    get married when you're 60
  • leogirl724
    Options
    The age that you let go of your baggage, are secure in your identity, and are willing to share your whole heart with another
  • Ekoria
    Ekoria Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    *shrug* im married and i'm 26
  • taramaureen
    taramaureen Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Too many people are wasting their youth in my opinion on relationships! Have fun while you are young!

What part of being married is wasting my youth? My husband and I have fun every day.

I don't think you have the same experience when you're in a relationship. My friends in relationships and my single friends are so different. My relationship friends hate the bars and want to go home early, would rather stay in than go out anyway, and they worry about what their partner thinks all the time. Young singles can do what you want on a moment's notice without having to check with others and they don't have to worry about what your partner says..I could write a list all day! It's not the same having fun being single and having fun in a relationship.
    I'm not faulting those in relationships at a young age. But I am saying don't rush into relationships at a young age, because being young is when you're supposed to have fun and be carefree, and if you're in a relationship, you're sometimes held down by the other person, whether intentionally or not.

Not everyone WANTS that experience though. I've never been much of a party person. Even in college I wanted to stay in instead of go out and get hammered. I go out once in a while now but I'd never want to do that all the time. There's just more important things to do.
  • ifucsam
    ifucsam Posts: 40
    Options
    Too many people are wasting their youth in my opinion on relationships! Have fun while you are young!

What part of being married is wasting my youth? My husband and I have fun every day.

I don't think you have the same experience when you're in a relationship. My friends in relationships and my single friends are so different. My relationship friends hate the bars and want to go home early, would rather stay in than go out anyway, and they worry about what their partner thinks all the time. Young singles can do what you want on a moment's notice without having to check with others and they don't have to worry about what your partner says..I could write a list all day! It's not the same having fun being single and having fun in a relationship.
    I'm not faulting those in relationships at a young age. But I am saying don't rush into relationships at a young age, because being young is when you're supposed to have fun and be carefree, and if you're in a relationship, you're sometimes held down by the other person, whether intentionally or not.

Not everyone WANTS that experience though. I've never been much of a party person. Even in college I wanted to stay in instead of go out and get hammered. I go out once in a while now but I'd never want to do that all the time. There's just more important things to do.

Me either. I was never interested in having the "typical college experience" and going out and partying. In fact, I think I've had BETTER experiences with my husband than I would have had without him. (especially since we didn't get married because of a child)
  • DonnaLFitz
    DonnaLFitz Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    94. Forever is a lot shorten then...
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options

Me either. I was never interested in having the "typical college experience" and going out and partying. In fact, I think I've had BETTER experiences with my husband than I would have had without him. (especially since we didn't get married because of a child)

Agree. I hate parties. The only time I have ever gone to one was when a friend begged me to...and I didn't enjoy myself that much.
  • mom2mozart
    mom2mozart Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    when you meet your soul mate... Not a minute before then. Age doesn't matter. The person you choose makes all the difference.
  • therapyruns
    therapyruns Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    never. the end.
  • Tanyawhite30
    Options
    never. the end.

Agree....coming from someone who just got seperated lol