I hate it when really SKINNY girls complain being fat!!

Options

Replies

• paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Ok, then I suppose it's compketly acceptable to walk around the homeless shelter complaining my 2,000 square foot house is just too small? How about a soup kitchen ranting about how starved I am since I skipped breakfast? It's an implied insult. Personally, I would NEVER complain about how damn fat I am to or around someone larger because obviously it would be insulting.

That's not the same, that's just petty & wouldn't happen!
    You never know, the person could have body dismorphia, she could genuinely feel terrible about her appearance & think she's fat.
    If she wants to complain about being fat, then damn well let her! It's not YOUR problem.

I see, so you can complain about this, the skinny girl can complain about being fat, but the heavier person who has to hear about it can't complain about anything?

Hypocrite

Who said bigger people can't complain?

I never did & she called me a hypocrite!
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    *sigh*

Listen people. Some skinny people say they are fat because they are insecure and fishing for compliments. Some skinny people say they are fat because they have a distorted view of their bodies and truly think they are fat. Keep in mind that no matter what size someone is - they likely have SOMETHING about their body that they hate. Something that they wish they could change. Just because someone is skinny doesn't mean all the negative feelings they have about themselves simply vanish. We are our own worst critic and we see our flaws whether we weigh 200lbs or 100lbs.

Also, I wish people would STOP saying "If she thinks she is fat, what must she think about me?" - honestly? She probably doesn't think about you or your weight at all. She is focused on her own body and likely doesn't even notice you or your size. To me, the people who are worried about it are insecure themselves. She thinks she's fat and she's not (well, to YOU maybe she's not!) what must she think of me, if I AM fat?

She doesn't think about it. She's worried about HER and HER weight!
  • RyanDanielle5101
    Options
    Get over yourself. Fat people aren't the only people allowed to feel insecure and want to better their bodies. This site is so full of people talking **** about skinny/thin people. People can't talk **** about fat people, but skinny/thin people are fair game? Ridiculous.

^^^ This
  • dododo123
    dododo123 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Ok, then I suppose it's compketly acceptable to walk around the homeless shelter complaining my 2,000 square foot house is just too small? How about a soup kitchen ranting about how starved I am since I skipped breakfast? It's an implied insult. Personally, I would NEVER complain about how damn fat I am to or around someone larger because obviously it would be insulting.

That's not the same, that's just petty & wouldn't happen!
    You never know, the person could have body dismorphia, she could genuinely feel terrible about her appearance & think she's fat.
    If she wants to complain about being fat, then damn well let her! It's not YOUR problem.

I see, so you can complain about this, the skinny girl can complain about being fat, but the heavier person who has to hear about it can't complain about anything?

Hypocrite

Who said bigger people can't complain?

You see, this is why I quoted everything. Everyone who is complaining about the complaint is basically saying don't complain.

Wasn't the person that started the thread complaining about the complaining as well? lol Every single person here is saying don't complain to each other.
  • aftergypsies
    aftergypsies Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    My boyfriends sister was complaining one day because she was 105 instead of 98. I told her not to worry about it cuz our weight fluctuates daily. I felt bad for her cuz she felt bad about herself. I tried to tell her not to worry so much, that she still looks fine.

Honestly we all have insecurities as some people have said... I can't get mad at anyone who thinks bad of themselves, no matter if they are skinny and think they are fat. That can lead to an eating disorder and bad habits too. Feel some empathy instead. They may not get the same ridicule as overweight people but they are still having the same inner struggle as you.
  • shortygurl0815
    Options
    I understand what you mean... it's not that they aren't allowed their own feelings about their body image. My fiance tells me every single day that I am beautiful and he would love me regardless of my size, but then makes comments about his own weight or about people on tv that make me doubt what he really thinks. If the girl on tv who's a size 16 is fat, then what is he really thinking about me when I'm a size 24?
  • mndamon
    mndamon Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    This thread had to be some kind of bait.
  • paigemarie93
    Options
    You'd probably still complain if she kept going on about how skinny she was aswell.
    You just cannot win with some people.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    *sigh*

Listen people. Some skinny people say they are fat because they are insecure and fishing for compliments. Some skinny people say they are fat because they have a distorted view of their bodies and truly think they are fat. Keep in mind that no matter what size someone is - they likely have SOMETHING about their body that they hate. Something that they wish they could change. Just because someone is skinny doesn't mean all the negative feelings they have about themselves simply vanish. We are our own worst critic and we see our flaws whether we weigh 200lbs or 100lbs.

Also, I wish people would STOP saying "If she thinks she is fat, what must she think about me?" - honestly? She probably doesn't think about you or your weight at all. She is focused on her own body and likely doesn't even notice you or your size. To me, the people who are worried about it are insecure themselves. She thinks she's fat and she's not (well, to YOU maybe she's not!) what must she think of me, if I AM fat?

She doesn't think about it. She's worried about HER and HER weight!

Thank you.
  • julie781
    julie781 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I'm not very overweight. I never complain that I'm fat around bigger women. It is rude.
  • paigemarie93
    Options

Honestly we all have insecurities as some people have said... I can't get mad at anyone who thinks bad of themselves, no matter if they are skinny and think they are fat. That can lead to an eating disorder and bad habits too. Feel some empathy instead. They may not get the same ridicule as overweight people but they are still having the same inner struggle as you.

Yes :love: :flowerforyou: THISSSSS.
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    At one time I was one of those complaining, skinny girls. Wish I still were.
  • Fubar_Bill
    Fubar_Bill Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    You don't call this a complaint?

Curious. When you decided to put YOUR in caps, what sentiment were you trying to convey?
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    Everyone has their own body issues. Let it go.
  • paigemarie93
    Options
    You don't call this a complaint?

Curious. When you decided to put YOUR in caps, what sentiment were you trying to convey?

It's not a complaint, it's a word of advice :]
  • missfancy1980
    Options
    What really annoys me is when i get called skinny and the next thing that follows is "why do you want to lose weight". Ugh if I had a pound for every time i heard that (of money that is!). As a person earlier on said, just because some of us are not obese, or even nearly, does not mean we don't have the same right to improve ourselves.

How do you know that the person you just called "skinny", isn't actually at the end of a LONG battle with weight themselves?? You should look to them for inspiration not condemn them.
  • hollyberry2012
    Options
    Wow!

Reading this thread made me feel anxious...anxious makes my throat close, food makes it open up when I swallow....full stomach makes me feel relaxed....relaxed makes me sleepy...sleepy makes me sleep....sleep makes time go by faster, time going by faster makes me relieved....carbs feed on carbs...carbs are addicted to carbs... more carbs feed on more carbs on more carbs...sleep carbs sleep carbs sleep carbs

STOP THE CYCLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE and let me OFF!!!!!! I'm angry.

What does anger make me feel? ashamed? nervous? scared? anxious? Oh no not that again....

I'm getting on my treadmill ... I'm gonna beat the crap out of it. LOL

Somebody once told me I could actually turn anger into energy. I wonder if that is true?
  • csparon
    csparon Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I see both sides of the story.

"Skinny" people may have their own insecurities. And my mother, a post gastric-bypass patient lost 180lbs and now is 5'6 and weighs 102lbs - that's dangerously low but because of her being overweight all her life she still sees herself as huge. I am 5'6 and I weigh 174, I don't look at my mom and be like "shut up you skinny b**** I am fatter than you!" I support her and tell her she's beautiful and if anything needs to gain weight. However, the fact that my mom lost the same weight as I am + 6lbs makes me wonder how she can see herself that way, but either way I know she's self conscious sometimes, so instead of turning this conversation around and making it about me, I try to make her feel better.

So why don't you focus on your friend instead of YOUR insecurities? Just a thought guys?
  • paigemarie93
    Options
    I actually feel sorry for the women who think it's rude to complain about their own body issues around larger ladies.
    It isn't rude, it really isn't, if you want to express your feelings concerning your own body then do it, no matter your size you are more than entitled to have body issues & you are more than entitled to feel the way you do!
    Why should it only be larger people who are allowed to complain about their bodies?!
  • EmilyMae12
    EmilyMae12 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm not very overweight. I never complain that I'm fat around bigger women. It is rude.

This. I think your personal problems and such should stay just that, and I find it socially inappropriate to do this. Such a touchy area to discuss in the forums.
This discussion has been closed.