question tattoos...does anyone else think

Options

Replies

• savage22hp
    savage22hp Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    To each his own . Since you asked for opinions I will give mine . I personally don't find tattoos attractive or appealing . I see it the same way as I see graffiti on bridges , overpasses , etc . To me the canvas is much more interesting than the artwork and the paint is a distraction . That is to my eye though and beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder .I am glad that we are diverse in what we find attractive and everyone doesn't like the same things .
  • KrisyKat
    KrisyKat Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Once again...

Tattoos are SEXY!! :heart:

That is, unless you get them from "Jailhouse Lenny" for a carton of cigarettes and some blow :laugh:
  • HolsDoinIt
    HolsDoinIt Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    im sure people will agree and not care for them but i personally love them..all the different places with different meanings theyre great...
  • Erinslove
    Erinslove Posts: 139
    Options
    I have two that I had done when I was younger. I regret it now because when I'm spreading the Gospel many think I am a hypocrite because I have tattoo's. I don't have a problem with them. I just would not recommend them because they are so permanent especially if your planning to do the Lord's work. ( Which I highly recommend).

I don't understand the relationship between tattoos and doing the "Lord's work." I don't think they have anything to do with each other.
  • Sheila1968
    Sheila1968 Posts: 106
    Options
    I am not a fan. I have known sooo many women who regret getting the ones that they have gotten (and several who love them and want more, before you all chime in). It's the permanency of them that I don't like. What you love at 18 may be completely different at 30, 50, etc. It's not like getting a silly haircut or wearing goofy clothes as a fad. The ink is there to stay - and it seldom looks very good years down the road. Look at all the older sailors/bikers/whomever who have faded, blurry blue blobs on their bodies - you can't even tell what the original design and colors were. And on aging skin . . . not the best look, imo. I think they cover the beauty of the human body rather than enhance it.
  • Nicola0000
    Nicola0000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Tattoos and muscles. Nothing looks better on a guy!! :love: :love: :love:
  • Nicola0000
    Nicola0000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTchdCtPjwTjCxTUPT6yhPcu9R3UiKL7RdlipNfUCP_NHRA7IWf

I see this and I droooooooool... but it could also be that Adam Levine is an effing hottie!

i love tattoos and I love how full sleeves look on a man or woman.

Yummy!!

Who is this man???? He's HOT!
  • SnakeDarling
    SnakeDarling Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I am not a fan. I have known sooo many women who regret getting the ones that they have gotten (and several who love them and want more, before you all chime in). It's the permanency of them that I don't like. What you love at 18 may be completely different at 30, 50, etc. It's not like getting a silly haircut or wearing goofy clothes as a fad. The ink is there to stay - and it seldom looks very good years down the road. Look at all the older sailors/bikers/whomever who have faded, blurry blue blobs on their bodies - you can't even tell what the original design and colors were. And on aging skin . . . not the best look, imo. I think they cover the beauty of the human body rather than enhance it.

I just thought I'd say that the science of tattooing has changed DRASTICALLY in the past 10 or so years.
    Yeah, they'll fade, but not nearly like they used to...
  • plushkitten
    plushkitten Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    196_1.jpg
  • hazev74
    hazev74 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    love tats..have 2 and want loads more!
  • DavidOfOz
    DavidOfOz Posts: 225
    Options
    Neither like or dislike. I have no interest in getting one and probably never have. I think its funny that people with tattoos used to be very much the minority. Now, people like me are the different ones.. I am making my own personal statement to be different by not getting one...lol. Think Im the only one at my gym without an obvious tattoo.
  • DonM46
    DonM46 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I find them tasteless and unattractive.
    ^^^^^^^
    This
  • walkwithme1
    walkwithme1 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Bump...gotta finish this later. (I have two and love them, well covered so not everyone gets to see them)
  • RockinHorseRanch
    Options
    I have two that I had done when I was younger. I regret it now because when I'm spreading the Gospel many think I am a hypocrite because I have tattoo's. I don't have a problem with them. I just would not recommend them because they are so permanent especially if your planning to do the Lord's work. ( Which I highly recommend).

I don't understand the relationship between tattoos and doing the "Lord's work." I don't think they have anything to do with each other.

I don't know that the Bible say's anything specifically about tattoo's, but it does say to keep our vessel (our body) Holy, and since Adam and Eve we are supposed to wear clothes, so what's Holy about sporting an image of a naked women on your arm? And what about tat's such as flowers or birds or snakes? Well It's either Holy or Not, I would think Not on a human body.
  • nikki_1979
    Options
    I like them on fit guys. When I make goal weight, if ever, I may get one to remind me where I've been. My bf doesn't care for them though.

My brother has one that is a heart with his two daughters names in it. When his wife asked why her name wasn't on it he replied: "They'll always be my little girls, but wives are replaceable." To this day I laugh at the look on her face when he said that!

Also... this thread brought this to mind....
    http://www.hulu.com/watch/61336/saturday-night-live-turlingtons-lower-back-tattoo-remover
  • might4
    might4 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    The picture is of the HOT guy is Adam Levine of Maroon 5.
  • punkybuddah
    punkybuddah Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    i strtd off just getting the 1 that was 17 tattoos and about 10 stone ago lol.

This is my newest piece and part of my problem CUPCAKES

furvyf.jpg
  • batalina
    batalina Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    i love tattoos and have several, including a full sleeve, but what matters to me is how we treat each other. don't approach me in public and tell me you think i'm ugly, and i won't nitpick your appearance either!
    what bothers me is when people who don't like tattoos seem to feel that it's their duty to be unkind to me because of mine... as though they themselves were a paragon of morality and good looks! hah!
  • punkybuddah
    punkybuddah Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    i love tattoos and have several, including a full sleeve, but what matters to me is how we treat each other. don't approach me in public and tell me you think i'm ugly, and i won't nitpick your appearance either!
    what bothers me is when people who don't like tattoos seem to feel that it's their duty to be unkind to me because of mine... as though they themselves were a paragon of morality and good looks! hah!

here here *tips my hat to you.

My reply usually oh you dont like my tattoos? Well i dont like you so f**k off. And all said with a smile :)
  • pinkpascal
    pinkpascal Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I love tattoos. I have 2 now, both have a lot of meaning to me. I recently got the one in my picture on my leg as a reward for losing a stone (14lbs), i plan on adding the Disney castle underneath it when i reach my goal weight and i'm going to get another one when i complete the Disney marathon next year, got it all drawn out ready - a 26.2 wearing Mickey ears. Yes, I love Disney if you haven't of guessed.

My dad on the other hand hates tattoos and always pulls a face when he can see mine but i know its because hes old school and thinks only sailors and bikers have them. I took my mum with me when i got my latest one and now she wants one :)