Married: 11 years been together 24 years
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Been together 5 yrs and married for 2
  • tropaze
    tropaze Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    dated for 5 years and in June we'll have been married for nine years. It's not easy, but it's always worth it to work through any argument.
  • NikkieLite
    NikkieLite Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    We've been together for four and a half years and we've lived together for almost that entire time. We've had some very rough patches and there are a lot of things we disagree on but he's stood by me through a lot, he's an incredible Dad to our daughter, and I love him. Even when we're fighting he finds a way to make me laugh. :)
  • thirtyandthriving
    thirtyandthriving Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    We have been together since we were 16, 13 years this past march. We have officially lived together for 6 of those years. We have a 3 year old daughter.
  • SalishSea
    SalishSea Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    We have been together a total of 18 years.
    We have been married for 11 years.

We have a good marriage. Certainly NOT roses and rainbows. For the past two years he has aggravated me. Daily. I just grit my teeth and think most men are probably like him. Who's to say another one would be better. And I don't even want to think about getting a divorce. We have a 9 year old daughter.

We live a life together but we also lead very separate lives. Different friends, different hobbies. Different activities. But we can blend our time together too. But when we do I still find him frustrating. Oh well, that is life.

He is a fabulous dad and works hard. He smells though!
  • angimac
    angimac Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I've been married to the love of my life since June 29, 1986. We dated 7 months and 2 days. We met in high school, my freshman year, his senior. We got married that summer. I was 14, he was 18. We have 3 children together, and 3 grandchildren. We've been through heaven, hell, and everything in between. I started using MFP in August. My husband started using MFP just under 3 weeks ago. Like everything else worthwhile, my marriage is something we've worked hard at, because anything worth having is worth fighting and working for.
  • rgoodearl
    rgoodearl Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    We have been together 21 years, been married 18 years !! :happy:
  • Shannafo
    Shannafo Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Have been married almost 28 years, love him more today than the day we got married. We were highschool sweethearts.
  • Aid_B
    Aid_B Posts: 427
    Options
    Together 19 years

Married 17 years ...... so far
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    We met at the zoo on 9/20/2003, and were married on 11/20/2004 - not at the zoo :wink:
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I've been married and divorced x 2. Both times, I was with him for 8 years total. I have a new rule that I have to date someone for 10 years before I even think of getting married ;-p
  • cathylovestim
    Options
    We will celebrate 27 years of marriage on July 27 this year. It most definitely has not been all picket fences and roses. We worked through alcoholism and recovery and some slips (his) and the deaths of three out of four parents. We weren't "young" when we married, at least I wouldn't say so at 23 and 24, but we have really, really worked hard at it. We've become a throw-away society and when things get hard and uncomfortable we get rid of it. Don't get married unless you're really serious about working through things together. That's my two cents...
  • PunkRockDad
    Options
    Been together for 11 years, coming up on our 10 year anniversary.
  • skinney1357
    Options
    I met my hubby may of 01 and we got married August 04 so we have known each other for almost 11 years and married for 7.
  • pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Met him at 16
    Started dating and living together at 21
    Married 31 yrs in August
  • inr0myr
    inr0myr Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    in the relationship for 4 years, now married for 4 months (with the same man)... and counting. My parents have been married for 28 years with 5 lovely children (including me!), my PIL married for 35years and they still much in love with each other.
  • carrotstick2012
    Options
    Married 20 years - since I was a teenager. Don't anticipate that changing.
  • Artemis726
    Artemis726 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Started dating in November 99, engaged in December 99, and married in July 00. Happily married for almost 12 years!
  • DAM_Fine
    DAM_Fine Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    We met when I was 21 and I'm 57 now. Almost 35 years married and still very much in love. I can't say there haven't been some very rough patches (he went through a period of umemployment and depresson when he was in his early 40s and god knows I was pretty unbearable when perimenopause set in :p), but we muddled through. Sometimes it would have been so much easier to just say "I give up" and get out, but we're both incredibly stubborn and neither of us wwanted to be the first to quit. Glad of it now - life is so much better than it was.