Grocery Store Rant! Some people are idiots!

Options

Replies

• kunibob
    kunibob Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    My mouth actually dropped when I read that & I clapped a hand over it in shock and horror...and then I read your response to her and did a little fist pump. GOOD FOR YOU! I bet you that she'll be ruminating over your words for a long, long time. Maybe it will even spark something inside her that will help her make her own changes in her life.
  • iron_jj
    iron_jj Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Jealousy at it's best. Way to shut her up, go you! ;)
  • crimsontech
    crimsontech Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    LOL awesome! I'm so glad you said something to her - it was completely and totally deserved! It's amazing how some people react when they hear about your weight loss progress. I was at the bowling alley last night and they accidentally overcharged me and the manager (for some reason) couldn't just fix it and give me the few bucks back, so he wanted to give me something free at the snack bar to make up for it... but I told him I'm on a diet and there's nothing there I can have. (I just tell people I'm on a diet because it's a phrase they understand... I know it's really a lifestyle change)

The girl also behind the counter kinda laughed when I said that... clearly not really believing me. Then I told her "No, I'm serious. I've lost almost 40 pounds in the last three months." Then her face changed to being impressed and she congratulated me. :D
  • Aureilie
    Aureilie Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Wow. What a b!tch. You were much nicer than I would have been, good on you for saying something to her.
  • catramsey2
    catramsey2 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hahahahaha! You told her. She was not a happy person to begin with. So glad you spoke up.
  • LisaH1231
    LisaH1231 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I bet she had pajama pants on too!!

LOL!!! That is so funny but I can just picture it!! You are probably right.
  • iluxoxo211
    iluxoxo211 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    WOW good for you for sticking up for yourself! people are jealous..
  • iwillsucceed155
    Options
    Poor lady! She is obviously miserable.
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    She is probably unhappy with her own self. And people like that usually pick on others...for no apparent reason...its a sorry state.
    I am amazed how ive gotten over my own depression once i started eating healthy and exercising regularly...
    .... if she just gave it a try!!
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Hurting people.. hurt people. I'm so sorry that the woman in the checkout was so rude!!! I don't think anyone should even look in another's grocery cart.. when did it become o.k.to be that nosy? Nerve!

Agreed. I have enough going in my own life, why would I need to judge someone else's grocery cart...geez...

To the OP--sorry that happened to you.
  • lilsailorx
    lilsailorx Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Congrats on putting that lady in her place and keeping your cool :) I probably wouldn't have been so eloquent!
  • DaBossLady24
    DaBossLady24 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    You are my hero :D

I definitely second that! :drinker:
  • SilverPoppy
    SilverPoppy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    What a rude *****! Good on you for standing up for yourself!
  • determined2lose89
    determined2lose89 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    You are a rock star, honestly. That was awesome. Good for you for standing up for yourself!!!
  • Loislaine61
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss. What perseverance you have. Be proud!

That was very rude of her. It sounds like the woman was feeling guilty and was trying to bring you down to her level. Perhaps you should have asked her if you could help her lose weight.
  • Riverofbeauty
    Riverofbeauty Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Like everyone else has said - good on you for saying something!!
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    I bet she had pajama pants on too!!

Nah probably just a moo moo with no bra on so the girls can breathe
  • JSheehy1965
    JSheehy1965 Posts: 404
    Options
    Wow - so rude! But well done on sticking up for yourself and saying something. I bet the husband was well embarrassed!
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    People amaze me!
  • nilleah
    nilleah Posts: 177
    Options
    Sounds to me like jealousy! I would take it as a compliment and just give her the biggest **** eating grin.