Um would you wear this?

Options

Replies

• scsksouthern
    scsksouthern Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Honestly, you look good in the dress, but I don't think, according to what you have said, that you would be comfortable wearing it out in public. Having said that, what about just wearing it for the "hubby" occasionally, maybe just to play the role of a hooker-babe/seducer, etc.? I mean, that would probably be a very interesting and fun way to enjoy the dress... Personally, I wouldn't wear it either (in public, at least) because it is WAY too short! I seriously believe that you sort of answered your own question though, just by admitting that you feel a little embarrassed in it. I believe that you would be constantly tugging at it to cover your "*kitten*"... lol If I'm out and I see you in it, I'm gonna come over and introduce myself, ok?
  • grannygethealthy1111
    Options
    Would I wear it? Definitely not. Why? Because I am 61-years-old, it is too short IMO, and I don't like the stripes. Should you? That is up to you. If you are comfortable in it and think it looks nice on you, why not? If you are not comfortable in it, perhaps you could wear it privately for your husband.

Congratulations on your weight loss!
  • missfancy1980
    Options
    I'd wear it for sure, it's awesome :D Just pair it with skinny jeans or leggings underneath and aforementioned killer heels !
  • bluekat61
    bluekat61 Posts: 24
    Options
    You look HOT! If I could wear a dress like that, I would LOVE to wear it out, but my hubby would not be able to handle all the other men looking at me! If your hubby is proud of you and wants to show you off and can handle it - GO FOR IT! I wish I were young enough and fit enough to pull it off!:happy:
  • smittenmikish
    Options
    I think if you added a cute little jean jacket, some nice looking tights or skinny jeans and some high boots it would be cute...
  • sprinkies
    sprinkies Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    i think you look good in it, but would other girls wear that out to a club? if the answer is yes, then i'd say go for it! you lost all that weight, show it off. if you're going to feel out of place wearing it then i'd say no.

do what you want :)

Edited to add: no, i wouldn't wear it and i'm 25. i'm not a fan of feeling like my butt is going to hang out. :P
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    But if I'm gonna wear it out, I need to do the leggins, I love my legs but I don't want the hole world to see my crotch hahaha.
    Freudian slip?

It's a cute dress, but I go by the "cleavage OR legs" rule so one or the other needs a bit more modesty.
  • Fattack
    Fattack Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Whilst you look good, that dress is very short and looks a bit trashy by itself. It would probably look lovely with some leggings or 120 denier tights though, so if you like it, keep it and pair it with something like that.
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Once I hit my GW I would rock that thing like a...oh wait...
  • Melyssaks
    Melyssaks Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Personally, I'm just against people where this dress in public no matter their size. You don't have to be showing ever inch of skin to look sexy, especially now that you're in great shape! I'm a firm believer in a dress like this giving the wrong attention because you all know what we think when we see it.

While I would definitely keep the dress as a reminder of how great you look now and all your hard work! I would save it for nights at home with your husband. He's the one who deserves to see you this way ;)
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    No, I would not wear that... ever.
    Sorry :blushing:
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't, just because I'd be scared it would fall off! But you look good in it.
  • Melyssaks
    Melyssaks Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Whilst you look good, that dress is very short and looks a bit trashy by itself. It would probably look lovely with some leggings or 120 denier tights though, so if you like it, keep it and pair it with something like that.

Great ideal! I have some tights that are thicker legging material which are great for dresses like this casue you can still wear heels since the tights go all the way down to your toes but they're as thick as leggings so you dont' have to worry about showing too much. With a pair of leggings/ tights you would be looking hot while still staying classy!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,668 Member
    Options
    If I did, it'd only be so I could get a better deal for tickets to the Rocky Horror Picture show.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • NICOLED73
    NICOLED73 Posts: 183
    Options
    wear it as is at home with the hubby. rock it and make him drool.
    but as far as going out? i would put it with a pair of skinny black jeans and some sky high heels. that would like awesome too! :)
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    But if I'm gonna wear it out, I need to do the leggins, I love my legs but I don't want the hole world to see my crotch hahaha.
    Freudian slip?

It's a cute dress, but I go by the "cleavage OR legs" rule so one or the other needs a bit more modesty.

Yes! I'm all about the "cleavage or legs" rule. If I'm showing one thing off, I've usually got the other thing covered. I'd wear a mini dress with a structured jacket (I have a 3/4 length sleeve one I wear a lot--super cute!).
  • sandrinamsilva
    sandrinamsilva Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I think you look great in it. Great with some sexy heels!
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    I'd wear that if i had the figure! Get some nice black heeels, and off you go :smile:
  • juliekbwell
    juliekbwell Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Absolutely not, entirely too short. Even if I had the perfect body, I would not. To each their own.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    OP you look fantastic, whether to wear it out or not is a personal preference. For *me*, I would not wear it, first off I wouldn't be able to wear a good bra with it b/c it's strapless and my girls simply do not have the perk to go braless, secondly I'd have a serious problem if I dropped my keys. LOL I'm big on the whole 'pick one area of skin to show off' thing, too, gives you fewer wardrobe malfunctions to worry about. :-)

It has a built in bra in it, and I have no bra on, I have a strapless bra but I hate it, and it would cause the top of the dress to fall down haha.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!