Um would you wear this?

Replies

• kayleesays
    kayleesays Posts: 564 Member
    Yup! I definitely would. However, if I'm too worried it's too short, I just throw on some seamless black tights. Solves everything.
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    you look great but it would depend on where you planned to wear this. Personally I would not but I am a bit more modest. I would wear this for my husband in private but that would be it.
  • jedibunny
    jedibunny Posts: 321
    I wore a dress like that once when I was about 19... the only way I would again is if I felt like I was rocking it hardcore (which I don't think I will for a little while yet). I'd also wear knee-length boots and black tights.

Regardless of this, I strongly suggest that you ignore everyone in this thread who gave an opinion one way or the other because:

1) none of our opinions matter - it's what YOU think about how you look and how you feel in the dress. Are you self-conscious? Do you feel glamorous and amazing and sexy as hell? Or do you feel like a hooker (as you jokingly texted your hubby)? If you're self-conscious, wear leggings or tights if you choose to wear it at all. If you feel glamamazesexy, live it up. If you feel like a hooker, don't wear it - or just play dress-up with it at home. ;)

2) you've done a wonderful job thus far and you know it and it's clear hubby knows it. If he wants to take you out and show you off to the world, awesome - IF you're comfortable with it too. If you're not, you're not, and that's ok!
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    There is no way I would ever be comfortable in something like that, but it looks nice on you.
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    If I didn't have love handles that would make it look all awkward, I'd wear the **** out of that dress.
  • gagesmom314
    gagesmom314 Posts: 101 Member
    I would not wear that. Way too short and doesn't cling in great places. Congrats on your weight loss! However, I am certain you can find something more flattering for your new figure.
  • playnice77
    playnice77 Posts: 6 Member
    Im all about sexin it up every once in a while, but I think that something a little longer would be more flattering.
    p.s... its not you ... its the dress.
  • jnance82
    jnance82 Posts: 149
    It looks good on you, but only wear it if you feel comfortable in it. I personally wouldn't wear it because I've got more junk in the trunk than you and there is no way I could go out in this dress without a resulting arrest for indecent exposure! :laugh:

10502719.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • VeganInTraining
    VeganInTraining Posts: 1,321 Member
    If my husband like it enough to buy it for me I would wear it...for him. Lock the door, turn down the lights, turn up the music, light some candles and dance the night away...

This! I'd wear it for my husband but wouldn't leave the house in it...though I might leave the house in it with leggings or tights....that being said, you look amazing in it!
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    I found one like that, but instead it was black & white... I thought it was a cute top, and I bought it.. And when I got home I noticed I could pull it down past my butt... Its really stretchy... And I wore it for my husband... But never wore it outside of the house. Its way too short for me... But..... I consider wearing it, but only with some black leggings and boots. And I did say this was my hooker dress. Haaah Thats funny you can joke about that too.

I think that dress is cute.. Only I would wear it with black leggings, or really black hose. Be carefull when bending over...

You have a really nice shape.

Remember that movie "Pretty Woman" with Julia Roberts? Remember that dress she wore? I think it was blue & white with a cut-out section in the middle. I used to want to have that dress, and look that good in it. Even thou she played a hooker in the movie.. Haaaah. :smile:
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    If you feel comfortable in it... go for it! I cant wear that kinda stuff without being paranoid about it ALL NIGHT so it kinda ruins my fun.
    If you're worried about your "goods" hanging out try some spanx??
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    If your husband thought it looked so good on you that he went and bought it for you then you should wear it. Who cares what anyone else thinks. You should feel proud and feel good that your hubby thinks you look hot!
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    I would wear that over leggings. With a sweater. If I was drunk.

In my personal opinion, I do not see how that dress will cover any of your lady bits if you move around. I am more on the modest side of things, though, so this does NOT reflect on your decision to wear it at all. I would not look down on anyone wearing that dress, but I might stare at you in hopes of figuring out what colour your undergarmets were.
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    I think if your hubby bought that for you and wants to see your legs, I would wear it.

Could you find some sort of black boys shorts or some cheer leading bloomers (not the kind that I wore, but the girls now wear little tight shorts) That way you are showing off your legs, but you do not have to worry that you might show your tooter.
  • iFeelBrandNew
    iFeelBrandNew Posts: 263 Member
    girl you better rock that dress!! pair it with some black stilettos and WORK IT! ;)
  • tstevy19
    tstevy19 Posts: 10 Member
    I think the colors are perfect for you, as is the criss-cross design, and I think you look great in it! Personally though, I think dresses are more flattering for EVERYONE's figure with a little more length. If you're not comfortable going out in public wearing it, then don't. Or just modify and throw some leggings on, a bolero...you can change things up pretty easily :) And I thought it was a really sweet gesture of your husband to go out and surprise you with it! Worst case scenario, if you never wear the dress in public I'm sure you can get plenty of use out of it wearing it for him ;) Congrats on the weight loss, you look great!
  • dls1957
    dls1957 Posts: 34 Member
    Not in public but for my husband yes.
  • christibam
    christibam Posts: 478 Member
    This is as short as I have ever gone... and I still felt really weird wearing it to a party... and it was a costume party. :\

(black dress in the middle)

19970_106957849321596_100000221446439_181822_4872453_n.jpg

I don't think you look bad in your dress at all. Personally, I'd have to wear it as a top with either some skinny jeans and black pumps or it would have to be a few inches longer and with at least some nude pantyhose.
  • pamelad77
    pamelad77 Posts: 292 Member
    Love short skirts, but to be honest I wouldn't wear this dress. When I first saw the picture, with the bottom black stripe going at the angle it does, I thought it was see through and the stripe were your knickers showing through. Sorry, but you did ask! :flowerforyou:
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    This is as short as I have ever gone... and I still felt really weird wearing it to a party... and it was a costume party. :\

(black dress in the middle)

19970_106957849321596_100000221446439_181822_4872453_n.jpg

I don't think you look bad in your dress at all. Personally, I'd have to wear it as a top with either some skinny jeans and black pumps or it would have to be a few inches longer and with at least some nude pantyhose.

Love the dress but I don't think I'd feel comfortable in that one either lol.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!