You know you're serious about losing weight when....

Options

Replies

• lind3400
    lind3400 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    When you look at a Big Mac and see "600 cals", a banana " 100 cals", 32 gold fish "90 cals", 2 oreos "130 cals"
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    You look up a menu online before going out and decide not to go there.
    You know that semen has not only calories but nutritional value
    You wear your heart rate monitor to do everything just for fun. But only log actual exercise.
    You donate your "fat" clothes instead of packing them up for a later use.

:noway: :embarassed:

OK I had to re-read the "semen" item a couple times to make sure my eyes weren't playing tricks on me. Initially this made my jaw drop, then I just laughed out loud to the amusement of my co-workers!

Thank you - I needed that. :wink:
    I hope 'it' isn't listed in the MFP database. If so my hubby will try to put it on my menu. LOL
  • TeutonicKnight
    TeutonicKnight Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    you actually check mfp, for the calories you have left for they day before you order another beer.

AMEN!!!!
  • ladyfox1979
    ladyfox1979 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    You get pissed at the grocery store when they ran out of whole wheat grain bagels
    When the taste of Soda makes you sick
    You actually look forward to going to the gym
    When you're kids tell you that they can't lay on your tummy anymore b/c its not soft
  • Angiesolomon
    Angiesolomon Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    ...you only drink one glass of wine a week...well two if I'm honest...
  • GeoJenna223
    GeoJenna223 Posts: 68 Member
    Options

the trunk of your car looks like the laundromat due to haiving 5 days of workout clothes in it everyday (no excuses for skipping)

This is me.

-When you won't go out to eat at place that isn't in MFP's database.
    -When you may be the one responsible for eventually getting MFP blocked at work
    -When you realize you have to balance your diet just like you balance your checkbook!
  • fatfiske
    fatfiske Posts: 33
    Options
    ...you truly eat only one "serving" of Cadbury Mini-Eggs. :(

I do this now, and it also makes me sad. But at least I spend the time to savor them now! :smile:
  • firstnamekaren
    firstnamekaren Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    - you actually start looking forward to getting up and hitting the gym at 5:30
    - you pack your gym bag the night before with everything you need for work
    - you sleep in your gym clothes for the next day
    - you start looking for any way to be active, and try recruiting friends and family
    - you feel let down when others aren't as excited to be active
    - you choke down foods that you never ate before because you know they are "superfoods"
  • Jbradbury1964
    Jbradbury1964 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    ...The thought of going back to eating the way you did before MFP scares the hell out of you
    ...You think about food all the time but it is what you will be cooking for your meals AND its all healthy!
    ...Never feeling guilty when you mess up because you know you will be able to work it off
    ...Someone asks you if you are losing weight because they actually noticed
    ...You begin to sleep well at night because the guilt about eating is gone
  • Mamoonie
    Mamoonie Posts: 328
    Options
    ... when your trainer @ the gym tells you: "some people here are jealous when they see you working out!"
  • obeseto13point1
    obeseto13point1 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    You no longer want to even go to subway, because it doesn't seem worth the calories
    Your mood directly relates to if you are under your calories for the day/have gotten your workout
    You plan your life around your workouts, not your workouts around your life
    You own multiple digital scales, measuring spoon and cups sets. Easier with more of them lol
    You carry a water bottle everywhere you go
    You seem to spend more time in workout clothes than regular clothes
    Everything you want to buy is related to working out
    Drinking doesn't seem worth the calories, or worth the hangover that might affect your workouts!
    You splurge on workout gear but shop at garage sales and discount stores for everything else :)
    There are many types of foods that are never bought or kept in your house
    You stop going out to eat for the most part because you can't stand not knowing the exact calories
  • MrsKosal
    MrsKosal Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    When you skip drinking with friends to go to the gym!
  • KadyLisette
    Options

ahahahahaha!
  • doonesbury
    doonesbury Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Leave food on my plate when dining out. Walk into McDonalds to use restroom when traveling and smell turns my stomach. Bypasses dessert table at funerals, luncheons or any such event, and dont miss it. Find that I enjoy my coffee sans all the additives I used to think essential. Spend money formerly used for soda pop and chips for fitness books, dvds, etc. Enjoy grocery shopping and cooking as I never have before! (Healthy foods are so pretty!) Wear my pants a tad loose, resisting buying new because I know I am not done! Structure my day to include exercise, religiously.

There's so much more, but that's the gist!

God speed to you all on your journey!! :)
  • JanineHarrison
    JanineHarrison Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    - when you say I'll just have one and then... YOU JUST HAVE ONE
    - when others start to follow your lead
    - when your 3yr old sees you in workout clothes and asks if you are going to exercise in the house or outside
    - when your dog sees you in workout clothes and thinks its time for a run
  • firstnamekaren
    firstnamekaren Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Oh and you crave the day after soreness from the gym and don't feel right unless it's there.
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    When you have 2 unopened boxes of girl scout cookies in the freezer that have been there for more than a month!!!!
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options

ahahahahaha!

BAWHAHAHA!!!
  • jbakerak
    jbakerak Posts: 76
    Options
    ... you change your mind about aching muscles from "ouch that sucks" to "yeah that's great!"

Yes!
  • BlackStarlight
    BlackStarlight Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    You know you'tre serious about losing weight when...
    On a night out you check your calorie intake before ordering another drink
    When your friends order Pizza and you pull out your yogart and fruit
    When you go to a resturant and either have looked up the menu or calculating the calorie intake in your head
    When you drink so much water you think you could drown
    When five work outs a week are normal... WHAT lol
    When MFP becomes the most accessed website on your computer! ...True it tells me so
    When your boss sees you on said website and just rolls their eyes
    When your best friend asks you whether you have enough calories left to share some popcorn at the cinema
    And finally my favourite when your freakishly fit younger sister tells you "bloody hell you're doing more excercise than me right now!"
    ^True story my sister is an inspiration to me she is an England Qualifer in Karate and takes fitness seriosuly but I was talking to her on the phone last night and saying well ive been to the gym six times last week im aiming for five this week and she went quiet and said, "bloody hell Star you're doing more excercise then me! How are you fitting it in!" I cannot tell you how proud that made me feel.
    Ive come a long way and I might not be there yet but Im closer than I was yesterday xx