Replies

• Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    i drank a lot!
  • GB333
    GB333 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Got married and lazy. He gained, too, and apparently has no intention of losing it (sigh).
  • bwattelet
    bwattelet Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    QUOTE:

I done got knocked up.

This!!

Plus, after my last pregnancy, my husband was deployed so I'd lost the weight more quickly because I didn't have a husband buying me chocolate doughnuts all the freakin time! Lol!

why do people do this? I'd rather get a card or something. I has no self control.

I also lost weight during my husbands deployment!!! I so agree stop bringing me chocolate and doughnuts!!!!!! :)He likes me thin but loves to watch me eat!!!
  • rblair_22
    rblair_22 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I got pregnant, did very well with keeping my weight down during pregnancy, only gained 28 lbs, but was still very healthy. The problems started after I had my son. I was so caught up in him that I stopped paying attention to what I ate and how much/often I ate, especially while breastfeeding. They say to eat 500 extra calories while breast feeding, the problem was I continued to eat these extra calories after I stopped breastfeeding.
  • AnneGenevieveS
    AnneGenevieveS Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    started with depression, then pregnancy, then eating and binging to fix depression again.

Oops!

Now I'm turning to exercise to help with stress and working on my self esteem.

My highest weight was 213 with my first baby 8 years ago. I'm now 135.
  • Toniithia
    Toniithia Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I've always been heavier so I've never been really skinny! But my highest weight previous... before my ACTUAL highest, was 207 pounds, I'm assuming it was due to stress at the time, I wasn't too happy.

But this last time I reached 213, and only 5 months before I was at 177.

I had switched to anti-phsycotics, and immediately started eating more, and putting weight on, and for a good 6 months, i sat on my butt, slept, and ate...
    So as a result I blame myself! As soon as I started working out, there was an immediate difference in how I felt and looked, I started 2 months ago and am now at 193!
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    I have hypothyroidism so I started gaining when when I was in the 5th grade.
    Being really depressed I never took the time to fix it.

When I was 18 and was finally diagnosed properly I lost some of the weight.
    When I was 21 I was 20lbs from my goal weight and I got prego.
    Had toxemia and gained 100lbs during my pregnancy.

My son is now about to b 4 in august and I finally decided to stand up and do something about it. :o)
  • Cathy7794
    Cathy7794 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Having 3 children and being a stay at home mom for the past 12 years.
  • digitalsteel
    digitalsteel Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I blame sugar and grains for my addiction to food. After removing them I became a brand new much healthier feeling person with a 10% deficit in body fat and 50+ lbs lost.
  • lcpurser
    lcpurser Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I have been on the heavy side most of my life, but I got really skinny in high school (150) doing drill team and walking everywhere and not eating in front of my boyfriend lol. hen we moved in togetheand I "settled". Thats what did it or me. I have always viewed fod as recreational and my portion sizes are ridiculous.
  • katema62
    katema62 Posts: 15
    Options
    Perimenopause...i tried everything for 8years and still I would slowly gain...now I am almost menopause and aware of everything. I did not know that when your body stops producing estrogen...everything you eat will turn into fat to try to convert your hormones to estrogen. It was a losing battle now I take organic methods of estrogen and my weight has plateau'd.
  • jenn_may
    jenn_may Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    It started after high school when I stop playing sports. I got up to 198 at the age of 21 and decided it was time to lose the weight. I got down to and maintained 168 until I was 25. When I got pregnant with my daughter. I had pain from the beginning so I quit working out and got up to 248! After she was born, I was nursing (which burns 500 calories a day!) and got down to 186. After I quit nursing, I led a very sedentary lifestyle and went back up to 216. 16 months after my daughter's birth I am REALLY ready to lead a healthy lifestyle again. Down 6 pounds so far and looking forwards to my upcoming journey. :)
  • gypsyluna
    gypsyluna Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The short answer, Knee surgeries and pregnancies.
  • nnapieralski
    nnapieralski Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I graduated high school in 1999 at 90lbs. I weighed in last September at 154lbs. That's only about 5lbs a year....but dammit it adds up! I gained weight simply due to metabolism changed and over-eating. But I've hit my goal (140-ish) and happy!!
  • Alpine005
    Alpine005 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Large quanities of bad food and often late at night, zero excercise and very little activity.
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    through my own poor choices!

To be more specific,

i have a husband who loves me, no matter what i look like.
    We both LOVE food.
    I like to nurture through food- i take care of someone by making yummy (unhealthy) treats
    My husband has the metabolism of a 12 year old athletic boy. I do not. But i ate like he does!
    I had a child.
    I had/have a sedentary lifestyle.
    I am lazy.

again, all my poor choices.

edited to add: i ahve been overweight all of my adult life, but the extra 40lbs was within the last 2 years.......
  • Squiggs67
    Squiggs67 Posts: 178
    Options
    First I quit drinking totally then quit smoking a couple years later. I packed on 25 lbs but am finally getting a handle on it. I probably will never be as thin as I was when I smoked but I feel like a million bucks!
  • DayAtATime
    Options
    Quitting smoking and menopause.
  • AureliaCotta
    AureliaCotta Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Combination of pregnancy, lack of consistently exercising, lack of consistently eating well, occasional...all right, frequent overeating and drinking, injuries, medical issues and medications. Mind you, this is spanning 7+ years...and I accept full responsibility for the parts of this perfect storm that I did have control over. I peaked at 222.
  • mdundon09
    mdundon09 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    2 pregnancies in 2 years...ate whatever I wanted when I was pregnant and in between pregnancies :/