How did every 1 gain weight

Options

Replies

• THINtense
    THINtense Posts: 42
    Options
    Eating like my boyfriend when we were in college. Lots of pizza, buffalo wings, mozzarella sticks

ME TOO! Like, exactly. And drinking like him...
  • RH_Brazell
    RH_Brazell Posts: 339
    Options
    being on the depo shot for 3 yrs and then having 2 kids
  • agentscully514
    agentscully514 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Craft beer. How I miss it.
  • brittanyarcher1990
    brittanyarcher1990 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My 10th month old daughters yep thanks to jerry mommy became a fata** lol had really bad health problems was super skinny gained thirty sounds in a month healthy not healthy food still kept gaining was put on insulin doctor visits every other day challenge and high blood pressure med and every other day baby monitoring for an hour boo
  • lealealala
    Options
    Used to be really active. Rep soccer 3 days a week and tournaments almost every weekend.

Injured my knee at 16. Gained my first 10lbs in 3 months.

Finally quit playing all together at 18. Got a boyfriend with wheels. Went from a well toned 150 lbs to 180 lbs in about 1 year.

Decided at 19 to stop eating as much as possible (yeah, I know....really bad idea). Went back down to 160 lbs in 3 months.

Met my husband, who subsequently made me start eating again. Gained an astonishing 70 lbs in 6 months.

Plateaued at 230 for years. Tried Atkins, lost 20 lbs, quit, gained it all back plus 15 lbs. Plateaued again.

Got pregnant, somehow managed to lose 10 lbs. Put it all back on again as soon as my milk dried up.

Tried Slimfast (at the advice of a dietician!) lost 20 lbs, quit, gained it all back plus 10 lbs. Plateaued again.

Was put on Cipralex (Lexapro). Gained an additional 10 lbs.

....And that brings me up to present day.
  • lucythinmint
    Options
    4 kids and having a love of food that is equally matched by my husband. We love to eat.
  • Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Crash diets/bingeing cycles > repeat for decades.
    Went from 5'8" and around 150 to 286 at my highest.

Now I know better.
  • muddyventures
    muddyventures Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I was training for a triathalon (100, which was under weight) ( I was 25 and in great shape), I was in a car accident a week for the triathalon. My back was never (is not) really the same. I married, became pregnant had plenty of problems. My daughter was born and I let my back pain interfere. I put on the weight, little by little .. had another kid, then had twins.. and then 7 years afte the twins (156)I realized I was letting too many 'excuses' stop me from being fit and setting a healthy happy example for my four daughters (now 14, 11 and the twins are 7). I'm down a total of 16 since I started, 9 since I registered here and I see my girls happy for me, and I am feeling pride in myself again.

I guess I should be honest and add, that in order to stay 100 or less I purged and restricted my diet and exercised like crazy. It has been a bit hard to overcome.
  • cmm7303
    cmm7303 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Injury, surgery, 2 kids and a medication that didn't help = 50 lbs. 20 more from eating poorly while under stress. :/
  • Funsoaps
    Funsoaps Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Eating too low fat, too little calories, smoking/little sleep, birth control pills, pregnancy and too much soy all contributed to my thyroid condition which caused the gain and symptoms. Lord knows I dieted and worked out the whole time.
  • Bookchick887
    Bookchick887 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Depression. Unhappy w/ my life. What a relief I am in a different situation now and I can concentrate on losing again. I'm more than 1/2 way there.
  • pixistix79
    pixistix79 Posts: 3
    Options
    Sweet coffee and tea every day...more like twice a day ...and a growing love of beer! Basically...lack of self control
  • LovingLisa2012
    LovingLisa2012 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    childhood = cookies , candy, chips (thnx to grandma)

teens = i was busy taking care of my sisters kids while my mom worked (long story) so i grabbed what ever i could snack on ( i was 13 when my oldest niece was born)

early adult = caring for my nephew who had cancer, lots of fast food and was always home (he couldn't go out due to chemo)

more recent/older adult = fast food and chips ..rarely having a home cooked meal

over the years the weight just kept adding up - now i am really trying to make more meals at home, and yes i need to work on the types, but i am a work in progress
  • RachelVon
    RachelVon Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    COLLEGE.

eating a lot more, and no longer being in sports = extreme weight gain.
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Ate too much, emotional eating based on depression/anxiety. Sedentary lifestyle. Thought I could eat more than I can because I looked at how other people around me ate, unfortunately those people weren't 5'2" and/or sedentary :P
  • countessvonfangbang
    countessvonfangbang Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Alcohol and drunk munchies.
  • africaa
    africaa Posts: 228
    Options
    Honestly...I don't know..and neither does my mother lol. I was a thin child and I ate everything that my family ate yet I started gaining weight around 4th 5th grade. I just gradually got bigger and bigger and BIGGER and now it's time for a change.
  • Sierra_419
    Sierra_419 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    first job was in the fast food industry.. thats where most of it started.. then i had 2 foot surgeries which caused me to be bed ridden the last surgery to ensure i fully healed... i was depressed the whole time & it got worse after gaining more weight.. didnt wanna do anything or see anyone. once i got closer to the 200 mark i had to change it up .. lost 17 of it so far..
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Stupidity. That about sums it up for me.
  • camila_scl
    camila_scl Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I have always eaten healthy food, the problem is that my portions were too big for my TDEE. So this weight loss journey is a bit difficult, it's not like I gain weight eating junk food everyother day, I still eat the same, but less.