Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

You started Jan 1st - but where are you now?

Replies

• tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 884 Member
    Started in December just starting to exercise. I started at 190 then. When I joined this site on January 4, which is when I started really tracking things I was 185. I have lost 23 pounds since January 4. My tops are getting looser. My pants are looser. Some things I can go down in size for but not all pants. Part of that is my waist hasn't gone down a whole lot. I am working on that.
  • dhinmn11
    dhinmn11 Posts: 1
    Lost 9 lbs since the beginning of January (155 down to 146, I'm 5'7"), but more what's exciting to me is that I lost the weight employing a sustainable plan. I don't feel like a gym rat or like I can never have potato chips again, so even though my weight loss is slower than my previous attempts at losing weight, I love that I did it by making a lifestyle change I can stick with.

Great job! I'm down 14 pounds and am doing it the same as you - with lifestyle changes I will be able to sustain this time. My eating has cleaned up considerably, and I do work out more than I used to, but I'm doing both in a long term sustainable way and I won't need to change anything once I reach my goal weight. Slow and steady wins the race!
  • Started January 1st at 170 and I am now at 155. I have dropped from size 16 to a 12. My goal weight is 135 so I still have a little way to go :)
  • Jennicia
    Jennicia Posts: 409 Member
    I'm down 14 lbs and 1 pant size. It seems like its taking forever tho!
  • sarahkraus1982
    sarahkraus1982 Posts: 140 Member
    I didn't start until January 30th at 210.4lbs.
    I have lost 18.6 lbs and I'm just starting to notice my jeans getting loose, tops are fitting about the same I think. These last couple of pounds before I lose 20 total seem to be a beast but I'm going to keep pushing.
  • I think I've lost 20lbs.
  • ironfozzy
    ironfozzy Posts: 1 Member
    I started January 26th at 196lbs. As of today I'm down to 156lbs (-40lbs).
  • katelynpelerson
    katelynpelerson Posts: 99 Member
    I started Jan 10th at 160.6 and now weigh 148.6! 12 lbs down and I've lost 9.25 inches all over! I went home for the first time since Christmas this weekend and everyone noticed my weight loss! I'm trying to keep the motivation up!
  • Mirth
    Mirth Posts: 77
    I started just prior to Jan 1st. I began at 260. I'm not jumping between 242-237lbs. (Just under 20lbs lost, but I'm hoping to make that benchmark tomorrow on my weigh in day) I have gone an entire pants size. Mostly it's the little NSV things that have me excited. I have more energy, my mood is better, I can see my collarbone for the first time in years, my confidence is high enough that I've started to see a new guy... but I still struggle with self image and all the same things that were issues when I was at my heaviest. (I lost 30lbs last year, without MFP) It's a work in progress, but I'm feeling good about the progress I've made so far.
  • LovingLisa2012
    LovingLisa2012 Posts: 775 Member
    i took my weight Jan 1st and was 305.6
    i am now 299.2 ( i didn't start really trying till the last couple weeks)

i have an average of .5 pound a week (without really trying) im happy with that
    now i am kicking it up and plan to try for 2 pound a week average for the next few months, then im switching back to 1 pound a week for a while (this is lifestyle change for me , not just a temp diet)
  • traciwe
    traciwe Posts: 78
    I actually started Jan. 16th and I was 186. Now I'm 161 and I've gone from a size 14/16 to a size 10.

this is inspirational to me, that was my starting weight and you are were i would love to be now but ive been slacking, thanks for sharing...this reminds me how bad ive been doing! lol
  • sthompson30
    sthompson30 Posts: 5 Member
    I started Jan. 16th at 188, I'm down to 175! I've lost 13 lbs!
  • jomiley23
    jomiley23 Posts: 76
    Down 18.5 pounds, and 1 pant size. I plateaued early on and lost a little momentum in February. I took a weekend off and lo-and-behold, the weight started coming off again when I kicked it back up the next Monday. March has seen the best results so far, although this week I'm retaining a little bit of muscle-repair water weight after adding in more exercise (Fluctuating up/down by 1-2lbs). This has been the month of "Dang...you're losing weight. Good job!" and several NSV's! If I hit another plateau, I will try what worked in February. But it takes 21 days to start a new habit. I've definitely made MFP and calorie counting a habit. Now I am trying to add exercise and water consumption something I seriously do habitually.
  • DDBeard
    DDBeard Posts: 50 Member
    Wow what a great thread! Congrats to everyone! New Years resolution or not I think there is a lot to be said about everyone's accomplishment in such a short period of time. About me, I started Jan 4th at 204 pounds. I am now down 28 pounds to 176. My total lost goal is 69 pounds. Good luck everyone! I would love to see another update from everyone in June!
  • Yvesdiva
    Yvesdiva Posts: 6 Member
    Totally with you. I feel like I should have achieved more loss. I'm down between 15 and 13. But my clothes are falling off. That's pretty awesome.
  • k9runner1963
    k9runner1963 Posts: 108 Member
    I started January 3rd at 195, I've lost 21 lbs and weighed in at 174 this week. Almost halfway to my goal!
  • I was 221.5lbs on January 2nd, & I'm currently 196lbs, so down 25.5lbs since January! Wow, when you put it that way, I'm quite proud.
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    I actually started Dec 17th. 163 lbs down to 138.4, nearly 25 lbs in exactly 95 days.

Moderate calorie deficit, lifting heavy 3 times a week, walking the dog and maybe elliptical once a week.

I've gone from a size 13/14 to a size 6/8
  • girl_afraid82
    girl_afraid82 Posts: 178 Member
    Down 10lbs since January 2nd :bigsmile: Almost halfway to my goal!
    I've only just started to notice a difference visually though.
  • Merrie67
    Merrie67 Posts: 15
    I started on January 1st as well and was a hefty 184.5 pounds and am down to 151.5 as of this morning. I exercise at least one hour a day and am using the Weight Watchers program. It truly works and I feel great. 14 more pounds to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!