Grocery Store Rant! Some people are idiots!

Options

Replies

• madameduffay
    madameduffay Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    You handled that beautifully!
  • Balice57
    Balice57 Posts: 125
    Options
    It sounds like her husband has been suggesting she lose some weight; seriously, who thinks it is okay to comment on someone else's grocery purchases?
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    There will always be people like that.

Two things, though:
    Fat doesn't make you fat.
    And corn isn't a vegetable.

And although I probably wouldn't eat most of what was in your basket (Morning Star foods are not healthy foods. They are processed edible foodlike substances that are passed off as healthy but far from it. Have you looked at the ingredients?) what was in your basket was much, much healthier than what was in hers.

Sounds like she needed go eat some crap.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    LOL, it amazes me what I see in people's carts - sometimes the thing is full and there is nothing that you could really call food. Even worse is when some morbidly obese person is riding around on the complimentary scooter knocking snack cakes into their basket with a cane or grabber.
  • meinsanish
    meinsanish Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    That is so sad that some people can be like that. Some people are just idiots sadly we all have to deal with them. By the way good for you for fighting back she deserved it : )!!
  • LauraSmyth28
    LauraSmyth28 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Jealousy is a terrible thing.

She wants to be as healthy as you are, but lacks the drive and motivation. Feel sorry for her.

And I would have said exactly what you said. x
  • sufikitkat
    sufikitkat Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Kudos for being able to keep your cool and respond the way you did! And I feel sorry for her husband...
  • Syreeta6
    Syreeta6 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Apparantly I am a dumb dumb when it comes to quoting...lol!! ANYWAY....I saw something once that definately aplies here...saw it on Facebook...."Maybe you should EAT makeup so you will be pretty on the INSIDE" Baaahahahahahaaaa!! I would have just turned around and said THAT!! LOL!! I saw your picture, and honey, she was JEALOUS!!! Probably afraid her hubs would WANT you!! Some people just need to put others down to feel better about themselves! XOXO!!

I LOOOOVE it !!! LOL
  • adamb83
    adamb83 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Goes to show that the miserable ones aren't those of us on this site getting fit, but rather the rest of them wishing for a better life but not caring enough to persue it.

Exactly - she's obviously not happy with herself and taking the lazy way out (distracting herself / trying to make herself feel better by critiizing others). I feel bad for her - but good for you for actually commenting. I probably just would have opened up a box of MorningStart Meat Balls and started chucking 'em at her head.
  • CouldBeAHotMom
    Options
    These boards need a like button.
  • sunshinesonata
    sunshinesonata Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    You handled that beautifully!

I agree! Bravo!
  • BG10708
    BG10708 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you dealt with the situation very nicely and with great dignity. Good for you! I find that I only figure out the "perfect" response after the fact.
  • Boonster001
    Options
    Glad you stood up for yourself - can you imagine how miserable she is, and how miserable she makes her husband. So sad!
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I can never think on the spot, you did great!
  • neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Wooooowwwww. It is obvious that woman is a moron. You held your cool a whole heck of a lot better than I would have. She would have definitely received a punch in the face from me!!!
  • neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I can never think on the spot, you did great!

LOL! Me, neither! Immediately after I walk off I'm all, "Uggghhhh why couldn't I have thought of an awesome comeback???" Haha!:noway:
  • happythermia
    Options
    Not that I'm justifying her total rudeness but, I feel sorry for the snarky lady. She has obviously given up on herself.

Kudos to you for your awesome progress!!! I hope after you gave her that hearty serving of shut the hell up, she will be inspired. Doubt it, but still!

You rock! :D
  • Alicia_Monique
    Alicia_Monique Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    WOW! What an effing *****!
    If anybody said that about me I would like to think I'd do what you did, but I would probably just stay quiet and probably cry when I got into my car. Good for you for saying something to that woman! How dare she try to harsh your mellow!
  • YummyTpn
    YummyTpn Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    That is unbelieveable, the level of rudeness.
    Please don't be offended by this woman, based on her behaviour,. she is likely not someone who has intelligence, class, or any point...
    Your responses to her were right on! You were so appropriate with her wihout losing your cool...wtg!
  • Buddhasmiracle
    Buddhasmiracle Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you dealt with the situation very nicely and with great dignity. Good for you! I find that I only figure out the "perfect" response after the fact.

You sure did. You demonstrated maturity. You responded from YOUR perspective, not lowering the bar or your standards to hers. You didn't punch her out literally or figuratively. This is what "holding one's ground" should really mean.