Women who don't accept male friend requests

Options

Replies

• asia_hanebach
    asia_hanebach Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I don't have it posted on my profile but I only accept friend requests from females. IRL, my closest friends are guys and I love them to pieces. However, I just feel during this journey I need more support from other females. Girls have said really hurtful things to me growing up and made fun of me a lot for my weight; so, I find it to be healing to surround myself with other women on the same journey who can cheer me on!

Aww, that's sad that girls gave you trouble growing up! I really like this answer. It's a really good reason. If you're ever looking for more friends, feel free to send a request my way. :)
  • twinlaced
    twinlaced Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    It's kind of like the same reason that women search out all-female gyms. If I could go to a female gym, I would. However I get along better with guys usually, so who cares lol
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options

Takei_OH_MY.jpg

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • WarriorMom2012
    WarriorMom2012 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I have some really bad personal messages sent to me. I block them immediately, but hard to have too many guy friends after that. I wont put up with it.

You have a bellybutton made for shots....just saying...
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    I get the "no boys allowed" part, but why have an album full of pics of your chest? Are you tracking progress in your bra size? Who are these pics for, especially if you're being gender-specific due to a BF/ Husband? I always found that one odd.

^^Agreed!

This would be odd i agree o.O
  • WingMan380
    WingMan380 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    My wife and I are both on here. I have males and females on my friends list including my wife and she has male and female friends on her list as well. Same on facebook and twitter. My wife and I trust each other and we know that we are on here for support in our weight loss efforts.
  • shaelataylor
    shaelataylor Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    i accept pretty much anyone who adds me lol i like having the friends and extra support. now i do go through and clean out my friends on occasion because i like for my friends to actually use mfp so that we can support each other. i have had an experience that made me a little uncomfortable with a male user (which is hard to do because i take most banter in stride if its a joke. harmless flirtation doesnt shake me much either) but he wasnt joking and kept asking for pictures and such...i still accept guys though. id hate to delete them all because one of their kind is dumb. :P
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    I have a few guy friends on here - all of them happily in relationships - I respect them and their relationships - and in return all I have had from them is great support and friendship......

I don't believe there are all that much difference between an obese guy's journey to health and fitness and mine at all......having said that the majority of my male friends (all 4 of them) are actually at goal and working on building muscle, strength and improving their physiques - and I am learning heaps from them - and the knowledge that they are sharing......so would not trade one of these guys at all!!

One can see easy enough if someone is "creepy" and it is easy to go "remove" when you are not comfortable with the online relationship.....
  • asia_hanebach
    Options
    Well a few things to notice, yes guys on here are going to have majority of their friends be female, I'd venture to bet the active people on this site are at least 60%+ Female ... And quite honestly just personal preference, but I prefer talking to girls over guys for the most part. Conversations and support tend to be deeper than "good job brah!" from some muscle head.

This whole stigma works both ways. I get friend requests everyday from girls I've never talked to/helped, aren't even close to my age, don't live near me, don't send a message or bother acting like they have anything in common and it doesn't bother me. I've even gotten them from girls who have the "I don't friend guys" in their profiles .... tell me how that works...

To the girls getting unwanted harrassment, check your profile pic, what you say in posts and overall how you present yourself to the community. I'd imagine a lot could be avoided by not having a profile full of scantily clad photos, what kind of attention did you think you were going to get?

I love everything about this post.
  • asia_hanebach
    Options
    i accept pretty much anyone who adds me lol i like having the friends and extra support. now i do go through and clean out my friends on occasion because i like for my friends to actually use mfp so that we can support each other. i have had an experience that made me a little uncomfortable with a male user (which is hard to do because i take most banter in stride if its a joke. harmless flirtation doesnt shake me much either) but he wasnt joking and kept asking for pictures and such...i still accept guys though. id hate to delete them all because one of their kind is dumb. :P

Agreed!
  • carolanne84
    carolanne84 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I actually don't have any male friends on here yet, I am not opposed to it as long as they are not creepers.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    To the girls getting unwanted harrassment, check your profile pic, what you say in posts and overall how you present yourself to the community. I'd imagine a lot could be avoided by not having a profile full of scantily clad photos, what kind of attention did you think you were going to get?

This is the essential "she was asking for it" argument. Just because a woman is showing off her success doesn't give someone the right to sexually harass them by sending unwanted dirty messages or pictures.
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    I love when women state they don't like accepting requests from males with females only on their lists. They are allowed to prefer female friends but I'm not? :laugh:

My list doesn't have a single male on it and that is how it will stay. Do I have some pretty hot women on my list? Absolutely! However, if they were not focuses on their fitness and supportive of mine, they wouldn't be on my list.
  • D446
    D446 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I have accepted men in the past, only to see that their friends list is full of half naked hot chicks (to me this says they are just here for a perve), or I have found they have left inappropriate messages and comments, which just pi**** me off. I just feel that I have much more to relate to with females. I am more focused on what they do, and how they got to where they are. I deleted a guy because of this (we just disn't have any reason to be friends, we had no contact with each other). He then sent me rude and sexist Msgs, like 'you must be a lesbian if you don't want me as your friend' and such things like this. Which is so immature and DUMB! Now I just CBF dealing with them.
  • Taylerr88
    Taylerr88 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    2203737159_c9c71c9ef5.jpg
  • atjays
    atjays Posts: 798 Member
    Options

This is the essential "she was asking for it" argument. Just because a woman is showing off her success doesn't give someone the right to sexually harass them by sending unwanted dirty messages or pictures.

There is a massive difference between a "progress" post to show differences, and rocking a victoria secret get up with your bits hanging out. If guys had profile pics of their D*cks, crotches etc, they'd be removed immediately, yet I can't read a thread without seeing some girls chest or *kitten* in a close up.
  • _Kate_P
    _Kate_P Posts: 132
    Options
    sometimes I wanna talk about "lady problems" and not worry about dealing with them. and some are just creepy...like I'm 20 years old, I don't want some 45 year old man as my "friend." As for guys my age, I don't accept because, as I said, idk what kind of stuff I am going to want to post, and I'm already in a relationship and would prefer not to have guys hitting on me. Obviously there are some guys that'd be worth accepting, but I don't want to have to sort through and figure out if they can be my friend or not. Its just easier to say no to all of them.
  • smplycomplicated
    smplycomplicated Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Guys need support too. It's pretty easy to tell if a guy is Fr'ing you because he wants to be friends or he's hoping for a peek at the boobages.
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I think it's rediculous and unfair, if someone is rude or sending u messages u don't want, delete them.......so one bad apple spoils the whole bunch? And if spouses are the reason, get over it, there are men everywhere, not all are interested in us in a sexual way.
  • Taylerr88
    Taylerr88 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    err i would also like to add... there is like a 100 to 1 ratio .. on this site.. so guys with friends list full of girls.. this is because they already added all 5 of the men.