Women who don't accept male friend requests

Options

Replies

• karinaes
    karinaes Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Oh that does make sense lol. I hadn't even thought of that. I'm not in a relationship, so I guess that's why the thought hadn't occured to me.
    i've had various creepy messages from men. and usually when a guy requests, ALL their current friends are women. and i also find that creepy.
    i have quite a few guy friends who are very cool and really nice. and i do have a boyfriend who is also part of the MFP community

edit: and my current pic is as revealing as my pics are so the creepy messages i definitely find as a huge harassment
  • LucyBWL57
    LucyBWL57 Posts: 17
    Options
    I have guy friends, but I wonder if sometimes ladies don't accept requests from guys out of respect for their relationship? If my hubby was uncomfortable with my guy friends they'd be deleted. I'm glad he doesn't mind since they're all pretty awesome. :)

Wow - congratulations on a terrific job with your weight loss.
  • LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    I've also considered adding a note to my profile that I don't accept male friend requests.......true story. :wink:
  • cohophysh
    cohophysh Posts: 288
    Options
    I am going to send friend requests to everyone who posted...male, female, creeper, perv or what not:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • kstep88
    kstep88 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Maybe they only want female friends. Isn't that reason enough?

I guess, but enough to go out of their way to specify that male friend requests won't be accepted? I just don't understand why. It's mind boggling to me. What's wrong with male friends?
    boys have cooties?

^^^^ Ya!
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    I have some really bad personal messages sent to me. I block them immediately, but hard to have too many guy friends after that. I wont put up with it.

You have a bellybutton made for shots....just saying...

Lol! Thank you xD One of my friends said that right before you did! xD

Does this count as one of those "deserving it" Pics? Just wondering since I dont usually see many that are bad xD

Actually... your pic makes me think of the scene from Hot Shots, where Charlie Sheen was cooking bacon on Valeria Golino's belly. LOL

girls_eggs_bacon.jpg
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I have male friends, but I can relate to my female friends much better on a fitness/diet level.
  • theNurseNancy
    Options
    I try to limit mine out of respect for my husband. Not that he controls any of that, it just makes me feel more comfortable. I'd feel uncomfortable if the majority of his friends were women (if he were to be a member).
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    It's not on my profile, but I don't accept them. Plainly put, I don't relate to men when it comes to my fitness goals and since this is MYfitnesspal, I want friends who I can relate to. It's also the reason I decline about 90% of the women who request to add me as a friend.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    I just took bacon out of the freezer to have for breakfast :D
    Now I guess ill have to settle and cook it on the griddle though! lol
  • Ittybitty22
    Ittybitty22 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    probably everything u said and more men will push u more than women will i think thats y they see quicker results
  • Karalopolous
    Options
    Lol, I initially was having a fine time with the males on here, and then recently, heh heh heh. One just got creepy with me....he added me, even sent a personal message with the request. He then went over the line and HE deleted me, am I insane? lmao, some people are so friggin' redonkulous
  • nammer79
    nammer79 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I to have been subjected to this cold way of thought lol but really I had one good friend for about two weeks then she had to get rid of all her male friends hubby didn't like it. Who knew she was married didn't say much on her wall besides the fact she wanted to be a MILF and I for one thought I should support this way of thinking. Lol (true story) but really was a great fitbit friend but that's life.
  • pg1girl
    pg1girl Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    you know what I"m wondering? Why it matters? Is this really an entire thread dedicated to people having to explain themselves on an issue that doesn't even affect you, as you're not male? yes it is. mind boggling.

As someone whose closest friends are all male, I was just curious why people would go out of their way to avoid male friendships. Not that I need to be "explaining myself on an issue that doesn't even affect you"

I understand what you are saying but as a woman who works in a male dominated industry and watches single people befriending other peoples spouses....flirting, lunching, talking dirty to each other, relationships forming and marriages splitting up....why put yourself in that situation. I chat with the guys I work with but certainly don't go for one on one meals etc with them. The social media has opened so many doors for cheating. Emotionally and physically. This is just how I feel from watching it happen around me and couldnt care less what everyone else does! I know the majority of the men on here are absolutely amazing though and wish them ll the best.
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Lol, I initially was having a fine time with the males on here, and then recently, heh heh heh. One just got creepy with me....he added me, even sent a personal message with the request. He then went over the line and HE deleted me, am I insane? lmao, some people are so friggin' redonkulous

It wasn't me! :laugh:
  • nammer79
    nammer79 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I just took bacon out of the freezer to have for breakfast :D
    Now I guess ill have to settle and cook it on the griddle though! lol

^^^ Mmm bacon
  • D446
    D446 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    To the girls getting unwanted harrassment, check your profile pic, what you say in posts and overall how you present yourself to the community. I'd imagine a lot could be avoided by not having a profile full of scantily clad photos, what kind of attention did you think you were going to get?

This is the essential "she was asking for it" argument. Just because a woman is showing off her success doesn't give someone the right to sexually harass them by sending unwanted dirty messages or pictures.

Exactly! What a ridiculous post. Not only is it completely sexist, but I DON'T have a scantily clad picture, I DON'T have provocative posts, do I deserve to be harassed?! I think it is more of an issue of particular men learning to respect women, then women having to 'cover up' so we don't have to be harassed.
  • asia_hanebach
    asia_hanebach Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Well anyway, any guys who don't intend on asking for/sending strange pictures are more than welcome to send a friend request my way. No girls allowed! Kidding. Seriously though, mfp is about getting/giving support to people just like you that are trying to get healthy. So jeez people, just support each other!
  • linnyrhea
    linnyrhea Posts: 105
    Options
    I never really thought about it to be honest. I have both male and females friends on here and I have never had an issue. My husband doesnt care either way, He has female friends on his fitness pal, doesnt bug me either. As long as these people are here for the same reason as me, and not to be inappropiate, then I'm ok with it :)
  • ThaRealNicki
    ThaRealNicki Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I have guy friends, but I wonder if sometimes ladies don't accept requests from guys out of respect for their relationship? If my hubby was uncomfortable with my guy friends they'd be deleted. I'm glad he doesn't mind since they're all pretty awesome. :)

I dont deny EVERY request from a guy but same goes for my relationship, its all out of respect. Needless to say I do have guys on my list and my fiance' doesnt really mind when I get request from men