Insanity?

Options

Replies

• Sexythighz
    Sexythighz Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Recovery done. I wish this workout was longer and had more deep stretching in it. I may try to fit in StretchX or the second half of YogaX this evening.

Sandy - Thanks for the Yoga suggestions.

I so agree with you! I did manage to get a great sweat doing Cardio Recovery this morning but I would have loved for the segement to be at least 60 mins. i only burned 100 cals. Im planning on doing some interval training tonight! I think adding in some yoga is a great idea as well.

Steph
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Pure Cardio + Cardio Abs done this morning!! It didn't feel as difficult, I almost thought about repeating the 15 mins of Pure Cardio. :laugh: But knew I had to get in the ab workout and my kiddos were getting up! :tongue:

Taking the family for a hike at a nice state park today!! Fun fun! :bigsmile:
  • sandy429
    sandy429 Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Pure Cardio, Cardio Abs, & Yoga done this morning! Last time for that workout this round!! I really gave it my all. Boy, did I DIG DEEPER!!

I got a late start (apparently, my body thinks I need to sleep some more :tongue: ), so my kids actually did wake up at the very beginning of my workout. They were very good & then joined me for yoga! :bigsmile: :drinker:
  • Lauralovesmfp
    Lauralovesmfp Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Did the first workout in the recovery week. Glad to see it wasn't stretching. Feel as though I need to add to it though. Not sure what yet....still thinking. Maybe yoga. Maybe :tongue: . Sorry I've not been here very busy getting ready for work next week. Have a great weekend all!
  • Sexythighz
    Options
    My eats and workouts have been so on point! Insanity has given me an entire new outlook on health and fitness! Cardio Power&Resistance today was great! I was still sweating 60 mins after the workout and shower. This evening I did Shred 3. Jillian doesnt have anythingon Shaun T! I breezed through Shred 3 with ease! Im ready for Pure Cardio tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Steph
  • Sexythighz
    Options
    Pure Cardio + Cardio Abs done this morning!! It didn't feel as difficult, I almost thought about repeating the 15 mins of Pure Cardio. :laugh: But knew I had to get in the ab workout and my kiddos were getting up! :tongue:

Taking the family for a hike at a nice state park today!! Fun fun! :bigsmile:

Jess WTG!:wink:

Steph
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    My eats and workouts have been so on point! Insanity has given me an entire new outlook on health and fitness! Cardio Power&Resistance today was great! I was still sweating 60 mins after the workout and shower. This evening I did Shred 3. Jillian doesnt have anythingon Shaun T! I breezed through Shred 3 with ease! Im ready for Pure Cardio tomorrow.

Steph

Good job, girl! I love these workouts! I've done Shred 3 also and didn't think it was as hard as I've heard people say...
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Had an awesome time hiking today!! What a gorgeous place! Tried to add pics to my profile but they are too big. Need to resize! It was at least a 4 mile hike w/ a lot of stairs! So proud of my family though, even my 6yo made it the whole way! It's great to have a *fit* family!! :bigsmile:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    OK, ended up running 10 miles w/ my buddies today. I am counting that as my workout. :laugh: It was hilly and I burned 900 cals. :bigsmile:
  • sandy429
    Options
    OK, ended up running 10 miles w/ my buddies today. I am counting that as my workout. :laugh: It was hilly and I burned 900 cals. :bigsmile:

I'd say that counts! Nice work!!

Glad you had fun with the family yesterday, too. School starts next week, right? Really, you should have warned me about the craziness that ensues. :laugh:
  • sandy429
    Options
    Day 27 -- Plyo Cardio Circuit & Yoga

I only got about 4+ hours of sleep last night, so it wasn't the performance I was hoping for, but what can you do? I may give it another go later if I can get some rest this morning. Ha!! Who am I kidding? :laugh:
  • jessmomof3
    Options

I'd say that counts! Nice work!!

Glad you had fun with the family yesterday, too. School starts next week, right? Really, you should have warned me about the craziness that ensues. :laugh:

Oh man, it only gets busier!! I know, you'd think it would slow down with them in school but then there are activities and field trips and evenings are always packed!

I added a pic of me hiking y'day too! :bigsmile:
  • Sexythighz
    Options
    Hey just checking in! This morning was Pure cardio & Cardio Abs! It went well! I filmed myself a bit during the workout . I posted on Face Book to share with friends who havent taken the Insanity plunge! Im really hoping to get my best friend excited about trying it! She is scared! She is pretty fit but i could understand the fear because I was having some anxiety about the program. Thatwas short lived! Now my attitude is BRING IT!!!!!

Steph
  • Sexythighz
    Options

10 miles is flippin fantastic! What do you recommend for Achillie problems??? My left Achillies is always so achy! Makes some of my workouts difficult and I modify when I have to!

Steph
  • Lauralovesmfp
    Lauralovesmfp Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Hey all. Did cardio and core balance again and then round 30 from turbo kick. Sweated good! Plus vaccumed the house and cleaned the floor and bathroom. Late night workout today but gotter done! Take care and WTG on the run Jess!
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    Just checking in.

Hello Everyone.

I'm in recovery week now.

Stats from the last 4 week.

Lost 9 lbs. I even upped my calories to try to stop that a little
    Waist went from 35 1/3 to 33..5
    My mile went from 8:30 min to 6:47 min and I wasn't trying for a fastest mile.
    Resting heart rate is 45 at the lowest reading.
    2 more abs starting to show through

Those are some of the highlights:
    Low lights are:
    loose skin.
    I thought I still has fat around my belly button...it's loose skin, Yuck.
    Also I am just starting to see some loose skin under my chin.
    I have to gain weight. Never thought I'd have to say that again.
    Oh well.
    Rest day today so I'm off to try a month 2 DVD
    Everybody have a wonderful day.
  • Sexythighz
    Options
    Hey Everyone!

3rd week of Insanity begins tomorrow..wooo hoo!!!! I have been eating really well and staying committed to my Insanity workouts as well as my evening bonus workouts! I can not wait to see what the scale reflects at the end of the month! I am so happy I returned to MFP I needed to stay accountable! Its always so easy for me to lose focus. I am recommitted again and will do my best!

Laddyboy- Congrats on your success thus far with the program!

Steph
  • sandy429
    Options
    Upper Body Weight Training & Cardio Recovery for me this morning, and Month 1 is done!! Woo-Hoo!!

Laura: What do you think of the recovery week? How's Core Cardio & Balance?

Steph: Way to go!!

Laddy: Wow!! How much are you eating? Month 2 is really going to be amazing for you! I'll have to stop by your BB thread.

Jess: Love your new pic! Look at those legs!!
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    :wink:
    Upper Body Weight Training & Cardio Recovery for me this morning, and Month 1 is done!! Woo-Hoo!!
    Jess: Love your new pic! Look at those legs!!

Good job girl!! Woohoo!! My one month is done too. Can't believe it, it has gone by fast! :huh:

Thanks for the compliment! I need to get some new close up pics. I can really see it in my quads... my running buddies even mentioned it when we were running on Sat! :bigsmile:

My *rest* day was 1 mile walk, then .5 mile sprint w/ my dh. We decided to go for a quick walk as we knew it was going to rain. Well, it started raining faster than we expected so we raced home the last half mile! :bigsmile:

Then did a workout I hadn't tried out yet, Jillian Michaels' No More Trouble Zones. Just thought I'd do something different on my *off* day. :wink:
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    I bagged my workouts this weekend to let my knee & calf heal a bit. Since I am now in recovery week, I will do those two missed workouts today and Wednesday. The rest of the week I will do some stretching/ yoga/ walking/ biking to recover. Next Monday begins the dreaded/ wonderful month 2...actually, I'm excited to get at it!!