Options

Replies

• Cmonnowguys
    Cmonnowguys Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    COLLAGE.jpgcollage1.jpgMFPMARCH4-1.jpglegs6-1.jpg[img][/img]legs8-1-1.jpg
    http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc62/HJRZJZ/MFPMARCH-1.jpg
    MFPMARCH3-1.jpg

started around 165lbs got down to 125 and now im 17-17.5% BF weighing 135lbs- 5'4"

Awesome!!!! What else can I say??

What time frame is this?

i will be going at this for a year in a few more days... and THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH :)

This is amazing. So inspiring!!

18192343.png
  • MorganStar123
    Options
    BUMP amazing results ladies! I would love to start lifting, at this point I just feel kind of lost with the whole thing, don't know where to start :/
  • Laoch_Cailin
    Laoch_Cailin Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Waow everyone looks truly amazing x
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    BUMP amazing results ladies! I would love to start lifting, at this point I just feel kind of lost with the whole thing, don't know where to start :/

A gym is best / easiest. It's hard to increase your weight as often as needed without one. New Rules of Weight Lifting for Women is a pretty good book to get you started but I'm not a huge fan of the program. I just started Strong Lifts 5x5 which is really simple and can be done by beginners but the supporting documentation is very "selly" and is NOT aimed at women at all.
  • witrixie2011
    Options
    Bump
  • Riggly27
    Riggly27 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    bump
  • foreverloved
    foreverloved Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    inspiring thread!
  • shander7
    shander7 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    bump! I just got a gym membership *yey!* What lifting exercises would you suggest I start with?? Right now I'm doing Jazzercise (kind of like zumba) so I only do light lifting pretty much. I'd appreciate any advice!! You all look AMAZING!!
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    bump! I just got a gym membership *yey!* What lifting exercises would you suggest I start with?? Right now I'm doing Jazzercise (kind of like zumba) so I only do light lifting pretty much. I'd appreciate any advice!! You all look AMAZING!!
    Go buy the book "the new rules of lifting for women" even if you do not do the routine you will learn so much from it. Good luck
  • LoriInIowa
    LoriInIowa Posts: 113
    Options
    Bumpity, bump!!

Thanks for all the great insight and inspiration. Truly a blessing to see "real" people that lifting has worked done so much for them!
  • jenniejengin
    jenniejengin Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    great idea, Rae! These are old and not as many as I know I have, the others must be on my laptop, but here's a start...

transformations.jpg

382631_164898256939214_111989688896738_288014_870374356_n.jpg

ETA: I started out in July 2011 120 pounds and 24% body fat and competed at 125 pounds and 18% body fat.

wow, impressive
  • jenniejengin
    jenniejengin Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    New Rules of Lifting for women? How does that work?

I got the book but kind of confused to it.
  • CandiceSizemore
    CandiceSizemore Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    bump
  • christianadivine
    christianadivine Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    So inspired by this thread!!! :) I just got barely got back into weight lifting heavy a few weeks ago and this further reminds me that if you keep at it, the results will be awesome! Thanks for sharing your pictures ladies!!! :D
  • megmay2591
    megmay2591 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    bump
  • rjbalcer
    rjbalcer Posts: 57
    Options
    Everyone that posted pics looks GREAT...will Body Pump do that for me? Low/med weights and high reps?????????? If I take Body Pump two days a week will that help? I am a Cardio junkie but have not seen any results in awhile...HELP!
  • Axels91
    Axels91 Posts: 213
    Options
    are there any smaller framed women here?
  • ottawagirl613
    ottawagirl613 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    bump
  • foster59803
    foster59803 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Everyone that posted pics looks GREAT...will Body Pump do that for me? Low/med weights and high reps?????????? If I take Body Pump two days a week will that help? I am a Cardio junkie but have not seen any results in awhile...HELP!

I love the body pump classes... they are great. But I have found that those classes are really geared to endurance... not strength. If you are looking to build muscle my opinion is you need to lift heavy. For example, you can do 50 bicep curls in that class with just 1 small break. My opinion is, if you can do it that many times you are not lifting heavy enough to build muscle. The bible around here for girls that lift (or many girls that lift) is the New Rules For Lifting For Women. If you want to get into lifting more and building muscle... it is a great beginners guide :).

I like to lift heavy, but I still go to body pump too :)
  • nisi24
    nisi24 Posts: 29
    Options
    bump