Pear shaped women

Options

Replies

• LoveLiveLift
    LoveLiveLift Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    According to this website: http://www.calculator.net/body-type-calculator.html

I don't have a shape. :laugh: :noway:
  • Seemless
    Seemless Posts: 21
    Options
    I LOVE the pear shape!!!!
  • CrazyMidget611
    CrazyMidget611 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    <--- nothing wrong with pear. It's better look like a pear, instead of a pancake :).
    Just my 2 cents

LOL, LOVE this!
  • NZblue
    NZblue Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    You look great!
    But I hear ya!

A cups with 42" hips!! I often just look in the mirror and go "seriously? Wtf?"

Haha! Story of my life!

Sounds like me!
  • EversBeautiful
    Options
    I'm a pear

Bust- 38
    Waist- 32
    Hips- 54

All my weight goes to lower half, did the Brazil Butt Lift test failed my butt was high enough lol my fiancee says he doesn't care where I lose the weight but don't take away his butt lol
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Here's a picture from a few weeks ago that shows just why I can't wear a bikini... :sad:

IMAG1377.jpg

You can get all of the fun tops! Try something with a little embellishment up top. Ruffles can work well. Sometimes halters. Keep looking, and you will find the right suit!
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options

I'm banana shape instead of pear shape

LOL. Me too.

My measurements are around: 42 - 36 - 46.

That is the worst calculator I have seen. (My shape is pear with big breasts)
  • annabanana1786
    annabanana1786 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Oh gosh I have ALWAYS hated my lower body. I'm pear shaped too. Just got back in the gym to hopefully tone up my bottom half so I won't hate it as much. It's always been so hard for me to tone up my legs and butt :( feel free to add me too!! I could use a support group!! :)
  • ElPumaMex
    ElPumaMex Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    This is text from the website: http://www.lovingyou.com/articles/836191/how-to-dress-a-pear-shaped-body

Curvy girls rejoice -- we've got the ultimate guide to dressing your pear-shaped body right here. Find the best pants, skirts and dresses for pear-shaped bodies as well as a few expert hints for always looking your best!
    What is a pear-shaped body?
    The pear body shape is the most common female body shape. Grab a mirror and take a look: If your hips and backside are wider than your shoulders,

you're the lucky owner of a pear-shaped body. :drinker:

Pear-shaped bodies typically have a smaller bustline as well. Depending on your overall proportions, bustier pears may actually be an hourglass body style.
    How to dress a pear-shaped body

Focus attention upward. Pear-shaped women should focus attention on the upper half of their pear-shaped body by choosing slim, fitted tops, button-down shirts and cardigans.

Embellish around the neck. Shirts and dresses with embellished necklines naturally draw the eye upward toward the slimmest part of a pear-shaped body.

Layer it up. Layering garments can balance a pear-shaped body by adding visual interest to the top half of the body.

Go for an A. A-line dresses and tops emphasize the upper body while slimming wider hips characteristic of a pear-shaped body.

Wide is good. Keep the hems of pants, skirts and dresses wide to visually balance a pear-shaped body. Pointy-toed shoes with a wide-hemmed pants will elongate your legs.

Get a little structure. Structured pants are a great fit, especially those that skim the hips and thighs of a pear-shaped body. Avoid flashy embellishments like cargo pants, funky pockets or embroidery.
  • MrsPrettyInPink6
    MrsPrettyInPink6 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'7
    Weight: 123
    measurements: 35-25-38
    BMI: 19.4

I'm still wearing size 9 pants because there's a 13 inch difference between my waist and my butt. Whenever I loose weight I loose it in my waist which everyone seems to be jealous of but kinda sucks when none of your clothes fit.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I'm a pear too but.. I like it.
  • Mrs_Padgett
    Mrs_Padgett Posts: 191 Member
    Options

I'm banana shape instead of pear shape

LOL. Me too.

My measurements are around: 42 - 36 - 46.

That is the worst calculator I have seen. (My shape is pear with big breasts)

yeah that website is not accurate at all.
  • hesn92
    Options
    Pear! Taken at the gym today.
    468446_10150719818434395_656114394_9099269_1138916570_o-1.jpg

Man, hot mama
  • hesn92
    Options
    I'm 34 28 39

Used to be 42

My bum has gotten smealler :(
  • puggypatti
    Options
    I'm a perfect pear and I hear your pain. Like so many I have lost my 7 pounds first in my face and second in my chest. My 44" hips have barely moved down in size. I have watched very slim pear shaped women walk and realize that no matter how much weight I might lose I will always have those saddle bags that bunch up with each step...it is just the way it is.....but as so many have the pear has the least health issues. I now think of my thunder thighs as pistons when I distance ride and it makes it a bit better. Sorry I don't have my measurements to post other then I know those darn hips....BTW there are a lot of men who find a big butt sexy. You lookd great and I would trade you spots in a nano second. :wink:
  • FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options
    I am looking for other pear shaped women to help me with motivation. I'm afraid that no matter how much I lose, I will always look big due to my large hips and small bust. Can anyone out there help me out with some pictures? I want to know that my curse will not keep me from looking good in a bikini soon... :(

You can see an example of just how pear shaped I am in my profile pictures. But for those who want to compare measurements, here they are:

Height: 5'5
    Weight: 139.5
    Chest: 34
    Natural waist: 29
    Hips: 39
    Thighs: 22.5
    Arms: 10.5

So as you can tell by my measurements, I am just about as pear shaped as they come. Please tell me I'm not the only one! :sad:

Here's what I think: Everyone here always says it's about health. So are you saying it's NOT about your health? That what's really important is that you not "look big?" Because you'll get healthier even if you don't look good in a bikini. And besides, any standard of beauty that says that the shape you're born with can't be gorgeous, isn't really a standard of beauty anyway, it's a way for people who have perfect proportions to feel superior.

So I say optimize your health and don't worry about the proportion of your hips to bust.
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I presume I am a pear. Bearing in mind I am at a particularly low weight (just under minimum BMI), I am 32, 25, 35.
    At a higher weight, I tended to be about 34, 26,36 or even 34, 27, 37.

So seems pretty pear like to me. My hips are something I abhor. My bone structure is so broad down there that I cannot get them below 34.
  • Klem4
    Klem4 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I'm a pear as well, even when I was my thinnest @ 125lbs, I still had big hips and wore a size 6. I really don't mind them, sure they've even gotten a bit wider after giving birth to two kids, but oh well, part of life. :) I would much rather have hips then have a straight waist/hips.
    Anyways, in January, I was 178lbs and 44" hips. I measure around the absolute widest part. last month they were 43". haven't taken this month's yet. But I'm getting there! Trying to focus more on tone and building muscle, that will help with inches.
  • chunkyme
    chunkyme Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    You Look Great! Embrace Your Pear & Wear what ever works for you!
    I'm a pear and proud of it!

Of course I have to take in almost everything that I buy because my butt big and my waist is small.

My hips have never been small even when I was125 my hips where 40"
    now there a whopping 44"

And if the Boobies are the only problem you have with pear shape! You could always Save Up And Buy Some! :wink:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!