Pear shaped women

Options

Replies

• SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I am looking for other pear shaped women to help me with motivation. I'm afraid that no matter how much I lose, I will always look big due to my large hips and small bust. Can anyone out there help me out with some pictures? I want to know that my curse will not keep me from looking good in a bikini soon... :(

You can see an example of just how pear shaped I am in my profile pictures. But for those who want to compare measurements, here they are:

Height: 5'5
    Weight: 139.5
    Chest: 34
    Natural waist: 29
    Hips: 39
    Thighs: 22.5
    Arms: 10.5

So as you can tell by my measurements, I am just about as pear shaped as they come. Please tell me I'm not the only one! :sad:

Beyonce, Jennifer Lopez, Kim Kardashian are all pear shapes and all look good in a bikini. Rock your bikini hun. You will look great.
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    32-25-35

I have TINY boobs. Seriously, like mosquito bites. Then, there are my 19.5" thighs. Good God.
  • Argent78
    Argent78 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm pear too!!!

Height: 5'5
    Weight: 138.5
    Natural waist: 29
    Hips: 36
  • SafireBleu
    Options
    I'm a little confused..

Looking at some of your pics, some of you don't look like pears.

I don't think your hips just have to be wide to be a pear, I think you have to have a significantly smaller waist, or be much smaller up top...

Excuse me if this post comes across as *****y, I don't intend it to be. I rewrote it more than once to change its tone, but was unsuccessful. Please, nobody take this as a dig because it's not.

To be a pear your hips have to measure more than your bust. My hips 42 bust 36 waist 33. I'm a pear.

Apple (triangle downward)
    Apple shaped women have broad(er) shoulders compared to their (narrower) hips.[18] Apple shaped women tend to have slim legs/thighs, while the abdomen and chest look larger compared to the rest of the body. Fat is mainly distributed in the abdomen, chest, and face.
    Banana or straight (rectangular)
    The waist measurement is less than 9 inches smaller than the hips or bust measurement.[18] Body fat is distributed predominantly in the abdomen, buttocks, chest, and face. This overall fat distribution creates the typical ruler (straight) shape.
    Pear or spoon or bell (triangle upward)
    The hip measurement is greater than the bust measurement.[18] The distribution of fat varies, with fat tending to deposit first in the buttocks, hips, and thighs. As body fat percentage increases, an increasing proportion of body fat is distributed around the waist and upper abdomen. The women of this body type tend to have a (relatively) larger rear, robust thighs, and a small(er) bosom.
    Hourglass shape. (triangles opposing, facing in)
    The hip and bust are almost of equal size with a narrow waist.[18] Body fat distribution tends to be around both the upper body and lower body. This body type enlarges the arms, chest, hips, and rear before other parts, such as the waist and upper abdomen.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Just to clarify, I am not a pear shaped woman. Or a woman. Or pear shaped. More square. And male. I digress.

Pear-shapes are hawt. Boobs? Meh, don't care. Hips/butt/thighs? Do want.

Carry on.
  • ahubacek
    ahubacek Posts: 135
    Options
    I'm a pear but I do have more up top to balance it some.

Chest- 39
    Waist- 30
    Hips- 42
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    ladies those of you with a (lucky) big bust and larger hips are not pear, you are hour glass xx

I wish! But even though I am busty, my shoulders are narrower than my hips and thighs.

But a little tip, don't forget to do upper body strength training. This will help you look more proportionate, and more like an hourglass. This has helped me a lot,and I know I look a lot more in balance than I used to.
  • SafireBleu
    Options
    i think im a pear and im mourning because i wrongly thought i was an hourglass all my life.

waist 32
    breasts 38
    hips 41
    legs 25

from the waist up im ok-ish even my tummy is ok and i have a flat non existant bum but my legs dont seem to get smaller!
    I would still say you are hourglass. bust and hips have to be close to the same measurement and it sounds like yours are. 3 inches is not much of a difference and as long as your waist is 10 inches smaller than your hips then you are hourglass shaped.
  • sherrybaby81
    sherrybaby81 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I didn't read through this whole thread but only saw one person with hips at my size!

Waist: 40
    Hips: 46
    Bust: 39
    Arm: 14
    Thigh: 27
    Calf: 16

Pear all the way! I actually kinda like the look...I'll probably like it more once the hips go down a bit...but I will always be a pear and that is fine with me. When I lost my weight before I retained my pear shape, and I find that I have become even more pear shaped.
  • jadedone
    Options
    ladies those of you with a (lucky) big bust and larger hips are not pear, you are hour glass xx

What do you think I count as, then?

I used to be very very small up top, but to be fair, I was like 14 and I developed late.

Now, at nearly 19, I'm 38C. Decent size.

Hourglass or pear? Or both? I have pics.

x

You look like a pear to me. Your shoulders are narrower than your hips, even though you are busty (I am shaped similar, I don't have tons of pics up so you can see)
  • rainydaze613
    rainydaze613 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I think I am a pear, although some people beg to differ. It's a bit frustrating because even when I gain a little bit of weight, it's very noticeable. I wear the same jean size as people who are my height and 30+ pounds heavier than me :/
  • jadedone
    Options
    I didn't read through this whole thread but only saw one person with hips at my size!

Waist: 40
    Bust: 39
    Arm: 14
    Thigh: 27
    Calf: 16

Pear all the way! I actually kinda like the look...I'll probably like it more once the hips go down a bit...but I will always be a pear and that is fine with me. When I lost my weight before I retained my pear shape, and I find that I have become even more pear shaped.

My measurements are a lot like yours actually:
    Waist: 36.5
    Bust: 42.5
    Arm: 15
    Thigh: 25 (mine started at 27. 200 squats is my best friend!)
    Calf: 15.5
  • bogotachica
    Options
    If you go to calculator.net it will calculate your body type for you. (for those that don't know their type)

I am a true pear.......
  • MrsMuffinRun
    Options
    Probably not much help but having babies made the difference for me. I was very much a pear but since my 2 boys, my top half has caught up with my hips :-/ TBH I think I preferred being a pear!
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Oh to be pear shaped again. I have to get rid of the inches around my waist first. When I lost inches this year I lost as much or more around my hips as my waist so my waist hip ratio is still just as bad as when I started on here. So all I have to say is health wise make sure you keep that healthy waist hip ratio. Pear is better than apple. My top did get bigger when I was in my mid to late 20s and with children but still just want to get my waist again.
  • cathylord
    cathylord Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    And just remember, "Fat bottomed girls make the rocking world go 'round."
  • chunkyme
    chunkyme Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Thanks!!! You could Check out My Pic's to see the big difference in my waist and hips.
    I'm working on toning it back up! But I will always be a pear! Have Fun Girls Getting those Rockin Bodies Tight!!!
    That's right girl be proud of your shape. There are tons of men out there that love pear shaped women. Chunkyme your 44 hips sound perfect. Do not buy anything.
    You Look Great! Embrace Your Pear & Wear what ever works for you!
    I'm a pear and proud of it!

Of course I have to take in almost everything that I buy because my butt big and my waist is small.

My hips have never been small even when I was125 my hips where 40"
    now there a whopping 44"

And if the Boobies are the only problem you have with pear shape! You could always Save Up And Buy Some! :wink:
  • manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    i'm 5 ft 5 inches weigh 152

bust 33
    waist 26.5
    hips 40.5
    thigh 22

It's nice to know I am not alone. wow there are a LOT of us.
  • EversBeautiful
    Options
    My Pear Shape
    18074864_3863.jpg
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    Chunkyme, your body is flipping GORGEOUS.

You're so preeeety too :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!