Girls Without Makeup?

Options

Replies

• EPhinn
    EPhinn Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    @calamitydown - Thanks!!! All these compliments are making my head grow. Haha. :)
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I need eyeliner and mascara.
    my eyes are very 'unpretty' without them.

other than that i dont wear any other makeup. sometimes lip gloss for a dressy event. I have a few freckles but here in US...i hear they are not ugly!! i wish i'd heard that when i was in India!
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    The last time I wore makeup was a year ago, and lord knows how long before that. I don't begrudge people their makeup but I honestly feel like I don't need it, so I don't use it!
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    46028_10150232975260411_822370410_14344650_7795616_n.jpg
    46028_10150232975270411_822370410_14344652_6513631_n.jpg
    46028_10150232975275411_822370410_14344653_5925539_n.jpg
    156746_10150328885265411_822370410_16176978_206402_n.jpg
    (mascara only. I just wanted to post the pretty snowy pic tbh :P)

I'm such a poseeeeeeeeeeeeeur
  • deenaspell
    deenaspell Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    If I don't wear it, people think I'm sick and/or tired. I get sick and tired of hearing that, so I make sure to wear - at the least - concealer and mascara.
  • shelli1982
    shelli1982 Posts: 133
    Options
    i'm with you! i hardly ever wear makeup. My profile pic is makeup free :P
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Interesting thought:

A study done recently shows the makeup makes you look "more competent and trustworthy," unless you wear too much, and then it just makes you look like a you-know-what.

I think this is probably because it is socially expected for women to wear a bit of makeup, and if they aren't it is often times when they are otherwise unkempt (running to the grocery store to pick up some milk, "didn't have time" to change out of sweats or put on makeup).

For those of you that don't wear any, you might want to consider the role this is playing on your professional career...not saying it is or isn't fair, just saying people are going to judge you on your looks, AS ALWAYS. Be careful! :flowerforyou:

http://thelook.today.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/10/05/8170624-study-makeup-makes-women-look-competent-trustworthy
  • Runnermadre
    Runnermadre Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I ♥ Makeup!!! It's just fun, and I like playing around with colors, and I think it makes me look more put together.

Yep, this is me! I don't wear it every single day, but I definitely wear it to work, usually to church, and for a night out of course. I just love playing around with it and feeling pretty and polished. Also, as others have stated, my eyelashes are pretty much non existent when I don't wear mascara. I also look a bit younger than I am (I'm only 25), and I work with high schoolers, so I feel like it makes me look more like an adult or something.
  • k011185
    k011185 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Almost never. My skin is dramatic, and flips out at me for putting anything from sunscreen to lipstick on.
    I will wear mascara or mineral powder if I'm going out, and if I'm really feeling daring Burt's Bees sparkly pink lip balm. (but that is only on the really wild days!)
    Nothing in my profile pic.
  • crazytreelady
    crazytreelady Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    k0... You are freaking BE-A-UUUUUTIFUL
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I almost never wear make up. I'd like my acne to settle down and stop being teenage-face as I am an adult now :(....
    wearing none in profile pic
  • marz31
    marz31 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I never really got into makeup, I mean, went thru my really young phase and just never really liked it. I have powder now, rarely wear it and I'm not even sure I have anything else. I got all done up for my wedding, looked good overall, but wasn't really me. I guess I just touch my face too much.....anywho, my profile shot, I'm sure I've got on about the most I've put on myself in my adult life (so not including the wedding).
  • crazytreelady
    Options
    I almost never wear make up. I'd like my acne to settle down and stop being teenage-face as I am an adult now :(....
    wearing none in profile pic

WOW... Another beauty.

Might I just say, bravo ladies, you are such natural beauties!
  • YouAreTheShit
    YouAreTheShit Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Make up has its place, for sure. And I like looking at a woman that is tastefully adorned.

That said, nothing in this world is better than waking up next to someone you're madly in love with and seeing their fresh and natural beauty straight from out of their dreams.
  • ladyfox1979
    ladyfox1979 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    My profile pic is without makeup
  • msarazine
    msarazine Posts: 65
    Options
    I truly appreciate the efforts my wife goes through when putting hers on, she looks beautiful. Like others have said though, it has it's place and not needed all the time.
  • DeadlyDame13
    DeadlyDame13 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I don't wear it to workout or if im home but I loveeeee makeup I love it love it (sorry) its like my vice
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I rarely wear it unless it's a special occasion...no idea why.
  • crazytreelady
    Options
    I don't wear it to workout or if im home but I loveeeee makeup I love it love it (sorry) its like my vice

Never be sorry for doing something you love :). As long as it hurts no one, all that matters is that you're happy :)
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Interesting thought:

A study done recently shows the makeup makes you look "more competent and trustworthy," unless you wear too much, and then it just makes you look like a you-know-what.

I think this is probably because it is socially expected for women to wear a bit of makeup, and if they aren't it is often times when they are otherwise unkempt (running to the grocery store to pick up some milk, "didn't have time" to change out of sweats or put on makeup).

For those of you that don't wear any, you might want to consider the role this is playing on your professional career...not saying it is or isn't fair, just saying people are going to judge you on your looks, AS ALWAYS. Be careful! :flowerforyou:

http://thelook.today.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/10/05/8170624-study-makeup-makes-women-look-competent-trustworthy

I'm a stay at home mom, so hopefully the impact on my "career" is that my daughters learn they don't need makeup in order to feel beautiful.