Ladies - Would you date someone who is divorced?

Options

Replies

• DQMD
    DQMD Posts: 193
    Options
    Getting a divorce doesn't mean that there is anything wrong with you. It just means that as a couple you were not compatible. There could be underlying issues etc. My ex2be and I just never talked. When I did tell him my feelings he completely either blew them off or ignored me. I just stopped telling him because he was a douche. We have a good relationship..called..only talk when we need to. I have to be the grown up all the time with him.

The guy that I WAS dating and I think we are finally done once and for all. Was seperated but hasn't moved on. He kept going back and forth with his ex. She is a %^7^ and he knows it but because she plays the victim he gives in.
  • BattyMama
    BattyMama Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    No.

Because I date to get married, and I am not promising "till death" to someone who has already illustrated that marraige doesn't mean that.

I have to disagree, I was in love with my ex however he was in love with an underage employee and I have been told that her child was his, when I said something to him about it he beat the crap put of me. He also told me that he was thinking about just how the best way to kill me was. By your thinking I should have stayed with him or be happy never getting married again. My Fiancée and I are both very happy and I am very happy that he loves my son and I and has never treated me the way my ex did. I don't see why I should be "damaged goods" because I got out of an unsafe situation.
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    why not? I'm divorced too so it doesn't really matter
  • YouAreTheShit
    YouAreTheShit Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I think this is an odd question. Divorced people aren't diseased or malformed because they had a marriage that was unsuccessful...

If a woman took the position that she would never date a divorced man, she would be missing out on some great men. Men who have wisdom, maturity, patience, understanding, and other desirable character traits.

Sure... not all divorced men have those qualities. But I sure do... :drinker:
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Yes.. but I'm divorced as well (no kids).

I do wonder if someone who's never been married starts dating me feels as though he's settling... maybe he'd prefer someone who's never been there. Almost like I prefer someone with no children because 1) I'm not sure if I want any just yet 2) because if I ever did want to have kids, I'd want to have them with 1 person only and he only have kids with me. That would be ideal although I'd make exceptions for a great guy.

So far most guys haven't said much about my divorce except for the fact that I didn't have kids (like it's a good thing- which it completly was).
  • foxy2311
    foxy2311 Posts: 179
    Options
    Of Course! I'm marrying a divorcee, and I've also been divorced myself. More of us out there than not I think.
  • cherigurl
    cherigurl Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Yes I sure would if I were single, my bf gave me a chance, I was divorced and had two kids when I met my bf, he has never been married or even had kids, so just because you have been divorced, it just means you and the ex just could not make it work for what ever reason,if every one thought like that there would be alot of single people, there are probably more divorced people out there than unmarried, If my bf thought like that we would have never had our daughter and have been happy for the past 3 years and talking about getting married.
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    Yeah. I am now. As long as the ex wife isnt some heinous B!tch, its all good!
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    huh?
    I guess it depends on your situation
    what am I missing...lol.I prefer to date someone with kids/divorced
    My kids come first and the person I date needs to understand that
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have been for almost 3 years.
  • rchupka87
    rchupka87 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I always said that I never would - especially if said divorcee was a dad. There is too much baggage and too much drama.

Then I met my soul mate. And now I deal with his ex-wife on an almost daily basis. I am a step- mom to TWO beautiful kids that I love like they were my own. If you really care for the person, their past doesn't matter. The past is what makes us who we are today - and I love him for the man that he is.
  • sjmgde
    sjmgde Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I hope to never find out unless my hubby dies. Divorce makes me sad. :frown:
  • jb140
    jb140 Posts: 29
    Options
    In my dating age range...it seems the only available men are Divorced men.

And I'm not interested in raising any more teenagers...

So yeah...I date divorced men.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I would prefer not to because I have never been married, but if it were the right person, I'd say yes.
  • HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Yes - I would date someone that is divorced.

I think it is crazy to say "till death do us part" because you cannot hold someone in a bad marriage. If they want out, they will leave. Easy enough. Plus, people make mistakes. People change. Marriage is not as secure as it used to be. We have choices, options and more sexual freedoms.

Life happens. Get over it.
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    divorced men are the best kept secrets :)
  • stardivap413
    Options
    No.

Because I date to get married, and I am not promising "till death" to someone who has already illustrated that marraige doesn't mean that.

I'm starting to think this way also
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I married a man who was married before me and our relationship -- the time we've been together plus the time we've been married -- has lasted much longer than his previous marriage.
  • BrandiD56
    BrandiD56 Posts: 103
    Options
    I'm divorced with two daughters so I would date someone who is divorced.
  • guamSUPERgirl90
    Options
    My BF used to be married. He was already seperated and going through the divorce before we met though. Love is Love, why should a previous marriage change it? right?