worst comment ever made about your weight

Options

Replies

• rchupka87
    rchupka87 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    YEARS ago, I received a promotion at work. I came home, SO EXCITED, and couldn't wait to share my good news. My dad said "Congrats, but can I give you one piece of advice? Lose some weight. Nobody respects a fat girl".

PS - I only weighed about 170 pounds back then.

I will never forget that.
  • zsaoosh
    zsaoosh Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I was a size 5! 5!!! My boyfriend at the time (dumped his *kitten*) told me that my hips were widder then all the other girls that he sees and if my butt was shorter that it would look better. What does that even mean?
  • livandjulsmom
    livandjulsmom Posts: 3 Member
    Options

Weeeellll, excuse me, I may be 'too chubby' but I can lose it, but you sir, will always be a shallow douche! :D

Best line ever!
  • mrstweedle1
    mrstweedle1 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    At my first job about 2 weeks in my boss and I had a little chat about how things were going well and we talked about how I was wearing clothes he deemed appropriate blah blah blah good chat. Literally a week later I was wearing something similar as the week before but in a light coral color and he called me into his office for another "chat". He then asked if I could wear looser blouses in order to cover my overweight belly because it looked sloppy. Then commented that he heard I was going to the gym and it was good that I was working on my problem. This was close to the end of the day and I cried my entire drive home. I am happy to say I no longer work there.

The one that still tortures me is my boyfriend's aunt loves to comment on how my boyfriend's brother's girlfriend (I know confusing) is tall blond gorgeous should be a model at every event even when she is not present. At 4th of July a couple years ago she was telling someone yet again how gorgeous ****** is and I am standing right there in the conversation. She turns to me and says "Not that you're not sweet too...." Sure knows how to make a girl feel like a troll. When my boyfriend started nursing school she also commented that he would get to meet lots of new women! while I was sitting right next to him.... classy lady.
  • smplycomplicated
    smplycomplicated Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Growing up i was always the skinny girl..rail thin..and the kids,and quitting smoking,health issues, and just letting myself go packs on the lbs..over the last couple of years i have found alot of my old friends from school on Facebook..I've heard "You were always the skinny girl" several times. I know they don't mean to be hurtful, but it doesn't make it sting any less.
  • andreanicole686
    andreanicole686 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I was never overweight I've just gained around 10 pounds the past few years. I actually had really mean things said to me for being too skinny when I was younger. I was usually between 120-130 at 5'7. The comments were normally from older women. I remember a few years ago I was shopping and this lady that worked there looked me up and down and said "Wow, you must be like a size 0 so skinny!." And it was in a very judegmental tone. I said, "No, actually I'm a size 7." I walked away to make sure she could see that I had a butt and hips! lol Now I've had a few comments about you work out too much or what are you on a diet or something? People can't grasp just wanting to be healthy. I hate being called "skinny" it's really annoying. People only get skinny or fat a lot don't know the in between.
  • samanthannepstein
    samanthannepstein Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Over the years people have made many comments about my weight. They have been rude and crude. I can remember being asked if my backpack was empty because I ate all of the books in it; that was just 2nd grade. I have been called a beach whale, while at the beach. In high school during swim class, people would all watch as I was forced to jump into the pool. I've been called a tub of lard. Told that no one would ever want to dance with me because of how ugly I was. All of these things have been said to me, and I know that no one should have to endure hearing such things; including all of the things that you all have posted. But, part of me is so thankful that I had to grow up experiencing this. It has made me tough-- and smarter. And, appreciate myself for my mind, my kindness, the joy I bring others. While-- it was hurtful, I don't think I would be as amazing if all of those jerks didn't make their lame, cliche comments heard.
  • KatiesRunnersHigh
    Options
    yeah i think that is abuse and i know from personal experience it hurts more and stays w you much longer than a punch in the face. i believe your family shapes your self-worth and teasing, name calling, plain out ignorant ugliness will not be allowed in my house, among my children. my dad is an alcoholic so he would definitely call me fat when he was drunk, my older sister would tease me, other family members. and then after hearing it from my family i would get the teasing 2x as hard in grade/middle school. i'm 26 and i'm still trying to tell myself i am worthy
  • sunshinesonata
    sunshinesonata Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    When I was 14 I was walking to the bus stop to go to school, and a heavier girl asked me if I was pregnant. I looked at her, shocked. I was fourteen, did she really think I was sexually active that young?

I still think about it to this day.
  • NataliePinNV
    Options
    People are horrible!
  • ttaylor68913
    ttaylor68913 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I have had lots of hurtful comments over the years but last August I was at a football match with my boyfriend and after the game walking back to the tube a group of guys walked past and one shouted 'Look at the size of the *kitten* on her!!' and proceeded to slap my bum and walk off laughing. PRICK.

i seriously hope you chased this guy down and kicked him in the nuts... NO ONE touches me without permission!
  • Moosiklaydy
    Options
    Mine happened when I was just a little kid, but I'll never forget it. My dad's friend has this total *kitten* of a wife who would make nasty comments about me being fat and sometimes I would hear them. Even as an adult now, I have not forgotten how awful that made me feel to be a kid essentially being made fun of by an adult....but I showed her :)
  • Moosiklaydy
    Options
    That's so awful!! Kids can be so cruel, but good for you for not showing them how much it hurt.
  • killinme
    killinme Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I took the constant humiliation all through my childhood (mostly from my family), then one day I was hitting puberty and I realized that if you punch the tormentors at school right in the mouth, they tend to stop.

It seems they don't enjoy that very much.

Made me into a very angry young woman.

Thankfully, I am over it now.

The things your parents say when you are fat hurt the most.
  • emilystamp
    Options
    I have a lot of stomach complications (which have effected my eating over the past 6 years) and when I lost 40lbs from it and got to my lowest point at 110lbs a few years ago, people constantly made skeleton jokes, anorexic jokes, so on and so forth- all with the knowledge that I was actually very sick. I am 125-130 now where I have consistently maintained my weight for a while. It's the perfect weight for my body and I am content where I am, yet I still get the jokes from time to time. I have just learned to brush it off.

People just have no tact or consideration for others' feelings.
  • MandiB79
    MandiB79 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Size 6 and plump? Pah-leeze!?
  • email4jenp
    email4jenp Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    One time, a guy cut me off in the car, I had to honk at him or he would have hit my car, honking at him gave him time to re-adjust his car and when all was in the clear, he cut me off and hard. (pissed cause I honked at him and defensive he got caught driving like a jerk) So when I eventually passed him, I looked over and he and his buddy in the car, did a blowfish with their face and hands up around their face and I assumed it was a "Fat Face" Strangers have NEVER hurt my feelings before, but for some reason, that day, they did. Here I was minding my OWN business and they almost caused an accident and then had to further exacerbate it by making fun of me.

The most hurtful thing - I was having a conversation with someone very close to me and they stated they needed to lose weight and I also said I needed and wanted to and how I couldn't believe that I let it get "This" far. The person stopped me, looked at me and said "No offense, But I would NEVER let myself get that far" Ughhhh. They had about 30lbs to lose, I had about 70lbs to lose.
  • raggyanndoll
    Options
    I've read some of the comments here and have a good one. I was in an airport and had just gone through security. I was leaning up against one of the counters pulling my shoes back on. One of the airport staff came over and asked me if I was the woman who needed a wheelchair. I said no and he walked away. I heard him comment to another staff person that he had been told that there was someone who was too heavy to walk and needed a wheelchair. I thought, and you picked me?? Here I was leaning against the counter to put my shoes on. Shouldn't that tell you that I have the strength to get my own fat rear end to the gate? At this time, I weighed about 200 pounds and was a size 18.
  • godzillaman2
    godzillaman2 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Back a few months ago when I was around 200 pounds, I was at a bar with some buddies. I saw I girl I thought was cute, but she was no movie star level girl. So I went up to her and tried to make a few moves on her, then she said" you look like a nerd and you're fat. You actually think you can pick up me?" That hurts. It caused me to put on more weight and now I have a hard time talking to almost any girls. Oh well if I get ripped I want to see her again and shut her down. That would make my life.
  • Megn133
    Megn133 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have a totally flat butt, and am curvy in my hips, and as a result, I always had to buy jeans that fit me in my hips, but usually were very loose in the back. I had a girl, who I thought was my friend, say to my face "So and so were talking about taking you shopping and teaching you how to buy jeans. It looks like you s**t your pants because they are so saggy in the back." It is still one of the meanest things someone has ever said to me. I was a size 12, and it caused me to look at myself differently. I became determined to show this girl that I could fit into jeans on my own, and it helped me gain the motivation to change my lifestyle. I developed better eating habits, and exercised. I have lost 30 pounds over two years ago, maintained my weight loss and dropped down to size 6. Sometimes comments can sting, but for me, it was the best thing that could have happened to me. I'm so much happier and healthier now.