Ladies before your visit with the OBGYN....

Options

Replies

• CannibalisticVegetarian
    CannibalisticVegetarian Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    I do the exact same thing before a meet-up with the doctor. I make sure the 'grass' is neatly trimmed and seeing as I have to lose the pants altogether, I try and make sure that my legs are shaven as well--zero stubble. I dunno I always find it embarrassing if not.

As for the undressing part, I neatly fold me things, but I don't always go out of my way to hide my undies or bra. I figure it's nothing they haven't seen before so why go through the trouble of hiding them.. well no. Unless they are a bit tattered (which I NEVER try to wear out except in the case of TOM).
  • McKristy
    McKristy Posts: 53
    Options
    I at least try to trim things up but no, not every time I go do I shave. As one poster said, hair is natural and it's your doctor . . . they've seen much, much worse I'm sure!! But, I do hide my bra and panties.

SOMEONE has to be the worst. I want to ensure it's not me. ;)

I do the same like the OP said. Funny how common it all is.
  • RyanDanielle5101
    Options
    Hell NO, I grow that **** out before the visit. I like to try and take him back to the 60's, I'm bringing the muff back:laugh:

On a serious note, I'm already "clean" no need for special prep!!! I don't hide my undies tho, they are too pretty to hide:smile:
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Ummmm.... seriously? Hair is normal, and it's your DOCTOR! Do you really think that it's something they care about?

Nope, but it's something I care about. I don't want my vag looking like a hobo :tongue:

And this is why I love to stalk you... :heart:

:blushing:
  • sjmgde
    sjmgde Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Do you all make sure you're nice and shaved before you go to your appointment? LOL

My husband thinks it's weird that I shave everything before I go see my doctor. I tell him that even though my doctor is not attractive, and I'm not trying to "impress" him, I want to feel like I'm presentable. :laugh:

Also, when I go in for my annual they make you completely undress and put on those horrible blue cover thingies... I always pile my clothes neatly in the corner and hide my underwear and bra inbetween my pants. Am I the only one that does that? I mean if you really think about it, the doctor is seeing EVERYTHING... why hide the undies and bra right?

Anyway, those were my TMI questions of the day. MORNING!

This is EXACTLY what i do .....thats funny
  • lissamok
    lissamok Posts: 82
    Options
    That's the routine I follow as well.. all the way down to hiding my undies between my shirt and pants.

This +1000
  • jwaitman
    jwaitman Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Seems to be the concensus. I do the same!
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Like a hobo? How about like a VAGINA- you know, like a vagina. Vaginas have hair, or was I the only one to go though puberty?
    Isn't it the vulva and mons that have hair, and not the vag? Hair in the vag would be pretty freaky.
  • katielema
    Options
    LMAO - I THINK WE ALL DO THIS - including the hiding of bra and underwear
  • TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I make sure I'm shaved, clean, and that my feet are clean and I don't wear shoes that will make them stink.

OH! And yes! I hide my bra and panties too lol

^This^
  • ShandiH
    ShandiH Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Yup! Unless it's the end of my pregnancy. Then not only could I not reach but my give a **** button was broken.

Love that . . . my husband and I call it the GAFO-meter - give-a-****-o-meter.
  • missbex24
    missbex24 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Me too on the clothes. Oddly I don't do the other before going (usually not for a couple weeks too). I'm afraid I'm going to get lectured that the hair is there for a reason lol.
  • w_i_n_d_y
    w_i_n_d_y Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I dated a ob/gyn briefly right after I graduated dental hygiene school. One night he explained to me that it was exactly how I felt about mouths, if you've seen one, you've seen them all. I broke up with him the next day

But to answer the OP....

I leave my bra and panties on top, they are what you take off last and put on first.

I'm always shaved anyway.
  • Vanessadk0604
    Options
    I'm right there with you.
  • Laura_Ivy
    Laura_Ivy Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    This post cracks me up! I totally hide my undies and make sure my clothes are neatly folded on the chair :) No stinky feet and shaved!
  • ReadySara
    ReadySara Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Yup....
    Girl's don't act like we shave "All" the time, you know there are days we are too lazy or in a hurry.
    My husband get's mad because he tells me, "How come your doctor get a cleaned kitty every time & I get what the cat that cleans it's self whenever it fells like it"....lol
    It's true, I don't want my Dr to think I' am dirty or see something gross.....lmbo
    And yes I also fold my clothes & put them in the corner & make sure to hide the undies & bra and don't you know I still wear my best undies/bras too.....lol even tho he wont see.....lmbo
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Now I can't get the image of hair IN a vagina out of my head....

Someone make it stop!!!!
  • SinIsIn
    Options
    If you really want to impress, spray a little of this on before your appointment.

Glitter_Hair_Spray_Star_Shine_Glitter-m.jpg

OMG!!! LMAO.. I've thought of this too, but have always chickened out before.
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    I had laser, so I don't really have to worry about the shaving ANYTHING part. I do hide my bra and panties. I even have a female doctor..... AND cute bras and panties...... I thought I was the only one. lol!
  • SinIsIn
    Options
    Like a hobo? How about like a VAGINA- you know, like a vagina. Vaginas have hair, or was I the only one to go though puberty?

I understand keeping it clean and shaving when you want to, but really, if we're getting "dressed up" for a pap smear, there's something wrong.

That said- I totally understand making sure you're shaved before you get induced like another poster said.
    Ummmm.... seriously? Hair is normal, and it's your DOCTOR! Do you really think that it's something they care about?

Nope, but it's something I care about. I don't want my vag looking like a hobo :tongue:

It's ok to shave before getting induced...but not before a pap smear?:huh: