Ladies before your visit with the OBGYN....

Options

Replies

• caroleslaststand
    caroleslaststand Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    This thread is awesome. I was always curious if my Dr. thought I was weird for shaving to see him. I will feel much more comfortable during my next visit knowing that the majority of you all do the same :)

THIS
    - I've been wondering if I should totally grow it out before my upcoming surgery, because I didn't want to be judged or give the surgical team any extra reasons to laugh at me while I'm unconscious. This thread has assured me that nobody cares and it's very common these days . I just had this mental image after the plastics guy told me that he'd be removing the extra skin and fat and then lifting what's left up to the navel area - my bald kitty will not longer be hiding, but what the hell....nothing to worry about.....that's so silly.....I am so going to shave it ...thanks for this thread, kids..... oh, and then the next time I shave I might actually be able to see what I'm doing for the first time in decades.
  • alias1001
    alias1001 Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I decided about 35 yrs ago that men have no business in this specific field of medicine. In a better, smarter world only women doctors would enter gynecology as a specialty, because I think it empowers women to speak to other women about these things... why the h*** do male doctors want to be doing pap smears and delivering babies?

This kind of attitude is ridiculous. It's the same logic that says that women have no place in traditionally male fields...."what business do women have being in the military (or police, or fire)." So much for a gender-neutral society.

My regular doctor's male. He's never made me feel uncomfortable, and I'm sure he takes pride in delivering babies. I've dealt with a female ob-gyn before and found her to be less personable, but that's one experience.
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I decided about 35 yrs ago that men have no business in this specific field of medicine. In a better, smarter world only women doctors would enter gynecology as a specialty, because I think it empowers women to speak to other women about these things... why the h*** do male doctors want to be doing pap smears and delivering babies?

This kind of attitude is ridiculous. It's the same logic that says that women have no place in traditionally male fields...."what business do women have being in the military (or police, or fire)." So much for a gender-neutral society.

My regular doctor's male. He's never made me feel uncomfortable, and I'm sure he takes pride in delivering babies. I've dealt with a female ob-gyn before and found her to be less personable, but that's one experience.

I've only seen one female OBGYN.. and I did not care for her. She was not as gentle as I thought she would be, being a female and all. Now my doctor....I absolutely adore him! He's bald and wears a bowtie, enough said. He's always so friendly and makes me feel so comfortable. He's the best.
  • Uuugggghhhhhhh
    Options
    I rock a pompadour merkin
  • Monkina
    Monkina Posts: 7
    Options
    I always make sure I look "better than average." On average I shave my pits daily and anything else weekly. If it's been longer, I may have a 2nd shave that week to catch the ones I missed. :D So that means the doc gets shaved pits and up to 3 days' growth everywhere else. It's not a date. It's clean, it doesn't smell bad. I do not mask my natural odors with strong perfumes and lotions, since those are more likely to make me fell unwell, and will also mask anything the doc may be on the lookout (smell-out?) for. If you feel compelled to baby-wipe the hell out of yourself multiple times a day, there may be something actually wrong, and you haven't allowed your doc to catch it. I actually asked her once about shaving, and she said it's totally a personal choice. "If you like it better with less hair, then by all means shave or trim. Don't use soap, and make sure you rinse well."
    Pedicure, pumice, special lotions? Heck no. If my feet don't stink and I wouldn't be mortified for anyone else to see them, they don't have to look special for her! But the clothes get folded semi-neatly onto a chair with the underwear either tucked into the pants or between. The bra also between. It's only because I'd get incredibly grossed out if they slid off the chair and touched the floor. (Aww damn. There's _my_ oddball obsession.) :D
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    I rock a pompadour merkin
    :laugh: Excellent!
  • freckledbean
    Options
    LOL no. I'm not wasting my freshly shaved snatch on a speculum.
  • wofford16
    wofford16 Posts: 63
    Options
    I think it's in the Ladies Annual Exam handbook that we do those exact things....to the letter.
  • GURLEY_GIRL3
    GURLEY_GIRL3 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    lol I do the same thing :laugh:
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I've never thought about it before but I do hide my panties and bra and I have a female OBGYN! I do feel embarassed that she has to sift through all the powder I put down there when she examines me though! LOL!
  • xmommyof2boysx
    xmommyof2boysx Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    i do the same thing the OP does
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    That's the routine I follow as well.. all the way down to hiding my undies between my shirt and pants.

Me too! LOL
  • BetterCrazyThanLazy
    Options
    Ummmm.... seriously? Hair is normal, and it's your DOCTOR! Do you really think that it's something they care about?

Nope, but it's something I care about. I don't want my vag looking like a hobo :tongue:

LOL!!! EXACTLY!
  • meggiewes
    meggiewes Posts: 19
    Options
    That's my routine too. I touch up and then have everything nice and folded in the corner. I have no idea why since I would rather just go topless instead of being forced to wear that silly little cover-up that doesn't do anything to hide your breasts anyway. I guess it makes me feel like I have control and that feeling helps me remain confident.

I do keep my socks on. I'm usually wearing one of my handknits anyway and my doctor always comments on them.
  • jsonsmom
    jsonsmom Posts: 1
    Options
    tell him your doctor is a girl and yes you are trying to impress ;)
  • robiney
    robiney Posts: 15
    Options

Nope, but it's something I care about. I don't want my vag looking like a hobo :tongue:
    bahahahahahahahahaha. oh my gosh. you just made my day.
  • lisag2007
    lisag2007 Posts: 130
    Options
    I do the same thing....Also....why does the doctor not come in until you are undressed? He sees everything anyway...why can't he see you undress? Takes more time. LOL
  • BetterCrazyThanLazy
    Options
    :wink:
    Viewpoint from the person on the OTHER side of the speculum....we don't care if you have hair (sometimes we have to tell people to stop shaving because of the terrible razer burn they are getting) and to the person with the piercings-we never say anything but I personally was impressed when I saw my first one lol

LMAO.. haha!

I have the very same routine. Shave and hide the clothes.. i have no idea why?

My theory (for what that's worth) about the 'hide the clothes' behavior: is that it must be an atavistic trait (something a species does that made sense for early humans, but is no longer needed). You know, it's like cats burying their little gifts in the litter box). Why and when prehistoric women needed to hide their undies and bras - that I can NOT figure out...

They were made of plant leaves so I take it they weren't far from cat gifts after being worn for a while...so maybe females did burry them?
  • DaBossLady24
    DaBossLady24 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    literally follow the EXACT same process before I go... not alone at all on that one lol :drinker: